What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    That's just it, Joe. I don't know what it was. Just 'splainin' the facts.

It is what it is.

BTW, when you plannin' on heading up here next? I'd love for you to finally hear my system so you have a reference as to what I am saying.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Probably in a month or so. Will hit you up when I have a date.
  • treitz3
    Good deal, I'll see if I can get that ginger we know to come as well. He's been without a system for some time, seeing as how his house is blowing up in size.

If he can't make it, you and/or any of the other Hotlanta peeps are more than welcome to come on up. Bring your wife and kids if you want. We can take the plans for this offline, as to not disrupt the thread anymore.

I look forward to seeing you again.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,119
    Looks like they also have copper tubing if you want to water cool them :D
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    That's where the flames shoot out
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    plus -- I mean -- how often do you see a really sexy looking resistor?

This is the best I could do, for example -- admittedly, this would be pretty cool in an XO, but I only have one, so it'd have to be mono until & unless I can find a pair.

cd1k6z7y31pw.png
  • treitz3
    ljdfur9mo1pw.png

9uuhwfbcd08i.png

Oh, there are some out there that are good lookin' ohm walls. The ones pictured in the bottom photo are ready to be installed into my crossover units. Looking forward to listening to the end results.

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    what do you do with the 3rd wire on the path Tom?
  • treitz3
    Those are to be connected directly to ground. Here is a snippet from the website...

"Resistors are made in thick film technology. The resistive layer is applied to the ceramic molded body. Then it's drying with high temperature and encapsulated with silicon cement. After applying 0.8mm tinned copper wire, the resistor is almost ready to play, but for ultimate mechanical stability and the shielding advantages it's putted into the copper tube and flooded with the best quality resin. The use of copper tubing allows to drain interferences and this is why we used the third long leadout. It's connected only to the casing, having no contact with the signal transmitted by the resistor. The third leadout should be joined to the ground or "-" speaker input."

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    I gave serious thought to ordering some for the 2.3tls but that 3 wire threw me.
  • treitz3
    Sounds to me like it's just a shielding energy dump to help lower the noise floor or unwanted electrical interference. I will be wiring it to ground in both crossovers.

Tom
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,973
    Does that make them directional...dare I say, diodes?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • treitz3
    No. The copper shield and grounding harness are completely separate from the resistor.

Tom
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    Changed out the Parasound Halo Integrated Amplifier for a Plinius Hautonga Integrated Amplifier, looking at the Plinius for awhile now....have owned a few of their amps in the past great sounding and never a problem....
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    edited June 2020
    That's a neat and tidy internal layout on the M2si. I like how the transformer is located well away from the output transistors and the speaker wire leads. Should help keep the noise floor low.

csm_Musical_Fidelity_M2_04_7476d88096.png
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Thanks Drew! It’s putting a smile on my face. Very simple and straightforward design.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    treitz3 wrote: »
    ljdfur9mo1pw.png

9uuhwfbcd08i.png

Oh, there are some out there that are good lookin' ohm walls. The ones pictured in the bottom photo are ready to be installed into my crossover units. Looking forward to listening to the end results.

Tom

those look

* good
    * purposeful
    * expensive

;)
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited June 2020
    After acquiring a nice Halo A21, and having it in the Stereo for some time, I couldn't help but wonder what the JC5 would bring to the table.

After keeping a close eye on a few different used ones, I was able to come up with a near perfect "Dealer Demo" JC5 that also came with the Full Factory Warranty.

This has been a Destination Piece/Purchase for me, I had to pull out about all the stops to make this happen. But, I'm elated that I did. The JC5 is nothing short of amazing.

Congrats Mike!!

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,905
    Mike nice setup, congrats!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    After acquiring a nice Halo A21, and having it in the Stereo for some time, I couldn't help but wonder what the JC5 would bring to the table.

After keeping a close eye on a few different used ones, I was able to come up with a near perfect "Dealer Demo" JC5 that also came with the Full Factory Warranty.

This has been a Destination Piece/Purchase for me, I had to pull out about all the stops to make this happen. But, I'm elated that I did. The JC5 is nothing short of amazing.

so752knpgupw.png

I want one too. Congrats man!!!
  • pitdogg2
    The JC5 is definitely a beast and something I'd love to have it as well.
    Way to go Mike congrats!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    The JC5 is nothing short of amazing.

Looking forward to hearing more about how it sounds vs the A21 as you get more time on it. Nice pickup for sure, Mike!
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    edited June 2020
    Congrats Mike. I would also like to hear a comparison to the A21.