What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Good afternoon ladies and gentlemen. This thread is dedicated to....well, read the title. Pretty self explanatory.

Today, I measured the distance of the subs/speakers to the listening position down to 1/8 of an inch including the toe in and will be messing around with dialing in the Rythmik F-25's.

What have you done for your rig today?

Tom
~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~

Comments

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Looked at it longingly knowing that it'll have to wait till after Christmas...
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    I swapped out a digital coax on the EAD transport with my new Silnote Morpheus II :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    Oh, after all there years...I never knew. *slaps head*

DOH!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    I ignored mine today :|

Our son's home and we went to one of the local junk antique stores to prowl the aisles for treasures and/or last minute holiday gifts -- oh, and food items. The place also features a Cabot Creamery company store.... and essentially infinite free samples of Cabot products.

A good day :)
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    I bought a pair of Zu interconnects and they came on Friday. I am supposed to burn them in for 500 hours! The way things are going for me that would be a few years of listening sessions. Not wanting to wait that long I got out my old integrated amp and a tuner. Once I got the radio playing I could turn the volume off on the amp and will just let it run for a few weeks.

This morning I thought about my Monoprice 50 watt integrated that I recently upgraded with Russian tubes Why not burn in the tubes at the same time? Hooked this up into the mix by connecting the monoprice to the tuner then using its preamp out to the other integrated amp. Seems like everything is working well. I can turn the monoprice up higher than I would want to listen to with speakers so the tubes are getting broken in with a decent current. And when you turn the other amp off its peaceful and quiet
  • treitz3
    Not quite sure you are burning in the cables though....and this might present an issue with the tubes not being under a load....

thinking-emoji.jpeg

Tom

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,034
    I took out one end of my speakon connector cable to see if I'll be able to replace it with a thicker and better quality Mit speaker cable. I'll probably need to hog out the hole a bit or use a little silicone grease or both.
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    Sorry Tom, but my system is a HT/Music system. But I'm listening to PP@M right now and it sounds great!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Turned it on to enjoy later tonight.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3
    Merry Christmas, Cathy! You still qualify, as your rig still does 2C.

BTW, your abbreviations formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word have a 747 GOMH at an incredibly fast clip. BCOWYBS and have a great holiday!!!

"Sounds Great" is all I needed to hear!

Tom
  • Faustin
    Faustin Posts: 1,147
    Nothing.....yet
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    I have no idea what "BTW, your abbreviations formed from the initial letters of other words and pronounced as a word have a 747 GOMH at an incredibly fast clip. BCOWYBS and have a great holiday!!!" means.

Which probably means you didn't know that PP&M stood for Peter, Paul and Mary. Sorry.

Thank you Tom, may you have a great Holiday as well!

Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • treitz3
    GOMH - "Go over my head"
    BCOWYBS - "But go on wit'cho Bad self!"

Shut up Trey.

Shut up Russ.

Not Trey.
  • delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited December 2018
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Not quite sure you are burning in the cables though....and this might present an issue with the tubes not being under a load....

thinking-emoji.jpeg

Tom

I am pretty sure the interconnect and tubes are under load even though no sound is coming out of the speakers. They should be giving the signal to the integrated amp. Its just that the integrated amp isn't amplifying the signal so when the volume is turned down (on the integrated amp) I get no sound. It is kind of a unique setup. If I have both amps off then no sound. If either amp is on half way I can use the other to adjust the volume. I have the tubed pre on at over 12:00. Normally that would be too loud but with the volume on the amp off i don't hear anything. When i check on things and turn up the integrated I hear music. So the pre and interconnect is constantly sending a signal

Or at least thats what I am hoping is happening. If you have more than one line level inputs running (like a CD player) I assume the amp is still getting getting the signals from all of the inputs. The amp is just amplifying one. (at least I hope so).

But you have a good question. Do preamps and line level inputs draw more power as an amplifier is turned up?
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    delkal wrote: »

thinking-emoji.jpeg

Tom

I am pretty sure the interconnect and tubes are under load even though no sound is coming out of the speakers. They should be giving the signal to the integrated amp. Its just that the integrated amp isn't amplifying the signal so when the volume is turned down (on the integrated amp) I get no sound. It is kind of a unique setup. If I have both amps off then no sound. If either amp is on half way I can use the other to adjust the volume. I have the tubed pre on at over 12:00. Normally that would be too loud but with the volume on the amp off i don't hear anything. When i check on things and turn up the integrated I hear music. So the pre and interconnect is constantly sending a signal

Or at least thats what I am hoping is happening. If you have more than one line level inputs running (like a CD player) I assume the amp is still getting getting the signals from all of the inputs. The amp is just amplifying one. (at least I hope so).

But you have a good question. Do preamps and line level inputs draw more power as an amplifier is turned up?

Dude that's DEEEEEEP

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    What is the Matrix?
  • I turned it on and listened to it🤣🤣🤣
    Living Room
    Parasound HINT 6, Yamaha Aventage RX-A 1060, Yamaha BD-S681, Cambridge Audio Azur 851N, Polk S60, Polk S30, Samsung 60" LED

Office
    Cambridge Audio 851A, Auralic Aries Mini, LSiM 703s

Douglas Connection ICs and Cables
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    delkal wrote: »

No, they don't. The source current remains the same. That is unless there's an output gain pot in the mix, then the current is variable.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,469
    I tweaked speaker position
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Prepped it for the installation of my new(to me) Pass Labs X0.2 and Xono preamp/phono stage. When they arrived today, I gleefully opened the boxes to discover they were nowhere near the condition described. So I contacted the seller and am trying to work a solution.

They sit outside my rack tonight, uninstalled and no music will fill my house tonight, unless it comes from my wife's crappy cellphone speakers.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I understand cosmetic concerns, but still, why not listen to them?
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohn
    edited December 2018
    Because I am not going to rewire my stack of stuff until I am certain it is going to stay put. The seller has stated he may want to have the gear returned, and if that is the case I would rather just do that than spend hours to wire things up, several days for the Pass to settle down and then take it all apart again.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Thinking about my rigs while in Vegas on vacation! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    verb wrote: »
    Thinking about my rigs while in Vegas on vacation! :smile:

Drive that C8 prototype down here to L.A. and say hi. I can keep a secret. :p

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Just admired it 😬

gnzuf9pkr3zi.jpeg
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    BCOWYBS - "But go on wit'cho Bad self!"
    Acronyms are hard! :p