How do the new L800 SDA compare to the Original Legend SDA-SRS 1.2TL?

Comments

• DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    SIHAB wrote: »
    I'd rather be a humorous fool than a serious jackazz

Kudos for finding what you are good at.

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,470
    I hope the new L800 SDA's destroy all that came before them.
    There, I said it.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • ken brydson
    ken brydson Posts: 8,637
    She is a he.

Careful, a comment like that got me a 30 day timeout.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    And they have been known to impose those time outs 6 months or more after the infraction and without warning...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    She is a he.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IXaTCP5K-vQ
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I don’t think that occurs anymore. However, I never understood why people just don’t ignore posts they don’t agree with.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited October 2019
    BlueFox wrote: »
    I don’t think that occurs anymore. However, I never understood why people just don’t ignore posts they don’t agree with.

In theory I agree. But companies that answer to stock holders would rather not rile up the outrage machine, K_M might stop buying Polk speakers and this isn't a privately owned forum.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    If people don't stop eating fast food chicken tenders, they are going to shut off Club Polk on weekends when it gets "windy" in here. *HOLDS NOSE*
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited October 2019
    Viking64 wrote: »
    If people don't stop eating fast food chicken tenders, they are going to shut off Club Polk on weekends when it gets "windy" in here. *HOLDS NOSE*

Weekends are for beer drinking. No excuses for any deviation.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,630
    Weekends are for beer drinking. No excuses for any deviation.

I perform "deviations" 7 days a week! :o
  • nooshinjohn

Weekends are for warm beer drinking. No electricity so no cold beer.

Fixed :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    WLDock wrote: »
    WLDock wrote: »
    The person you consider to be the "victim" here has made many unwarranted disparaging and insulting remarks toward individual forum members and toward this forum collectively.
    Again, like I stated, I don't know the history...but saw nothing in this post. If this is the truth I'm sad to hear that and hope that folks can at least play fair.

She is no victim here WLDock… she started this thread for the sole purpose of trying to dump on Jesse.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188438/found-this-odd-disturbing-and-at-the-same-time-sad#latest

If Jesse or anyone else did a similar thing to her, she would cry a river for whomever would listen. That is why it is best to ignore her and her delusions.
    Well... I thought I was speaking up and trying to help with this cyberspace conflict. I've seen some real crap shows on some other forums.

Not sure what to think now. If this continues there sure will be a lot of posts that will go to downhill. This group is not perfect but there is value here. I hope it ends.

I'm done!

FWIW, I think it just underscores how much these Polk fora could benefit from some sage moderation. :|

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874

Weekends are for warm beer drinking. No electricity so no cold beer.

Fixed :p

English style.
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    She is a he.

Ken, I will address this now.
    IT has been a while since that happened.
    I do not personally hate you NOR have any vendetta against you.

Although you tend to jump on the "bash me" bandwagon like a few other guys do, somewhat regularly.

I Will tell you one thing, not meant to mean much, nor be a warning or anything, but "That Comment" was reported by more than a few people, way back when......

I was "Told" about the comment after the fact, and how it was reported and so on.
    I think the take away, from my perspective, what you did was not THAT big a deal to me, but there are several on the forum, that do not openly get into the bickering with the usual suspects, but at the same time, do not like seeing it going on.

Some of the more "Under the radar posters" are fed up with constant, bashing people, the Stalker mentality of some, and the general negative atmosphere of the forum.

• K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited October 2019
    @F1nut

Let me say this plain and simple.
    You are well known (even on other forums) for being the trouble maker on the Polk Forum

I have seen with regularity, how you try bash on almost every new poster, convince the forum they are people formerly banned, that you bashed on, and they are trying to come back to get even with you.

I have seen you do this to me, and to a few dozen people over the last few years.
    You fit the style of the typical Internet Troll/Stalker/Bully.

You do not get away doing it on other forums I know we jointly belong to, as they would have banned your Arse years ago, but it only works here, due to the lame or non existent moderation.

Your goal seems to be to get everyone to never dare to disagree with you, or what your Opinions are.

You do not own the Polk Forum, Many on the forum do not care for your style, and many think you are trying to bring the forum down, with your non stop bashing, Piling on people and stalker mentality.

Accept the fact that online, you will never get agreement, and move on.
    Having 40,000 posts is quite a feat.
    Having 35,000 of them being bickering with other people, and making snide comments and two word rude replies, will go far I am certain.

• soupbone
    soupbone Posts: 104
    tonyb wrote: »

Let it go people, move on.

YAY!!! Let's get back to talking about SDA stuff!!!
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    soupbone wrote: »

YAY!!! Let's get back to talking about SDA stuff!!!

SDA ? Standard Deviation Accepted
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,665
    edited October 2019
    So much for putting me on ignore....do you ever tell the truth???

km, the world as you see it is not reality. I suggest professional help.

Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    So as not to be perceived as one of F1nuts sycophants, I will not quote the above post, or click on the like or agree buttons.

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342
    edited October 2019

I've known the man for 20 years roughly, and never met him yet.

I have met F1nut on multiple occasions, and his hair was perfect.....every time. :D
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,665
    See you at Trader Vic's next week. ;)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,161
    Oh JHC, stop whining, this isn't grade school. If some of you have a problem with F1NUT, put him on ignore and you'll never see a post of his. End of your problem.

Men in general, like to talk to each other like we are sitting next to each other on bar stools. That might not play well with some of you. It's the internet people, try not to be so judgmental until you meet that person. I guarantee your perspective will change from anyones online persona.

That being said, the constant bashing of F1NUT is getting ridiculous. He's a straight shooter, plenty of audio knowledge in his back pocket, more than most too. If he's a bit gruff at times, so what, aren't we all at one time or another. Not like he's calling your momma ugly or anything like that, right ? Put him on ignore if you don't care for his personality. That's why that option is there for all members.

Seems every time he chimes in on a thread, some of you drag it down into a personal conflict. Here's a clue....debate him on the merits of the thread topic instead of making it personal. That applies to everyone.

If your under the impression an online forum is a place that you can spout anything and not get challenged, not get called on the carpet, your sadly mistaken. This is why we have debate and conversations, maybe learn a thing or 2 along the way. We poke fun at each other like we are brothers and sisters also, and that makes this place feel like family. Don't ruin it by focusing on one person and dragging his good name into the mud. You got a problem with him …..take it to PM's or put him on ignore, not in the open forum. That should apply to everyone because this stupid baiting and bashing just brings the forum down to the basement.

I've known the man for 20 years roughly, and never met him yet. In all that time, he gives what he gets, and then some. You won't find a more dedicated Polk ambassador for the forum or the brand in general. His downfall, if you want to consider it one, is he's honest and a straight shooter. He'll call B.S. when he sees it. He'll chide Polk when he feels they are slipping, messing up, not up to snuff.....and give them the accolades when they do things right. He's opinionated yes, but so is everyone here. That's not a bad thing.

I have not always agreed with him either about all things audio, we've never had a problem with each other as far as I can remember anyway. Many of us here have different opinions on audio related things and have never brought ourselves to the level some of you do with him. It's OK to disagree, but do so in a civil manner. He will engage you in the manner you engage him.....like most would anyway.

Well said, Tony. And, like you said, this should always apply as a general rule of practice on this forum and not just on this partucular thread.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    Can we all just..... <3
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Skip will have them at his place, so if anyone wants to get ears on them, run, don't walk. Plus I know Skip will have them tied to some pretty fine gear too. Don't be shy...go meet some faces, see these online persona's in person. None of them bite, well, maybe Russ, but I hear his lady took him for all his shots already.

We'll get some good feed back after Skips, so expect much more about their sound after that event. If anyone else gets an earlier read on them, post it up.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited October 2019
    ^^^ If only I lived in TX.

Maybe I'll get back to Abt and listen again if/when they have a permanent set on display. I may actually be picking up a set of those Edifier wireless for a family member looking to better their Bose setup. LOL :)
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,775
    I can't find my pants....
  • Inspector 24
    Inspector 24 Posts: 1,308
    Just had the strangest experience. I clicked the Polk Audio link in my browser, and found myself reading two pages of a Honda Civic Forum, lots of name calling, bitching and completely useless information. Man some of you really know how to waste your time and **** up a thread.

About those SDA's!!! Can we start placing bets how long it will be before someone gets the nerve to build a crossover out of high end components? 3yrs? 5? 10?!?!
    Up
    LSi15 LSiC - RX-V3000

Down
    LSiM707 - 706c - 702f/x - Dual HSU VTF-15H Mk2
    Parasound HCA-3500 - HCA-2003A - Marantz SR7005
    Sim2 D60 - Dragonfly 106" Panny 500