How do the new L800 SDA compare to the Original Legend SDA-SRS 1.2TL?

Comments

• K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I'm just going to remind those that the new SDA XO had the EXACT values written on the components. NOW I'd like to think POLK testing was meant to get some to be REAL close to the EXACT value needed with caps that will be used in production and that to me means that those values are needed. Since Polk is not building the production models as they will be built by others more than likely in Asia they tend to loose that ability to test each part. To show off your new creation I understand why they wanted them to be much tighter to spec.

Matching Caps and Drivers will make a change for the better. Imaging and levels across the spectrum, along with distortion profiles, and phase angles all contribute.

Lower spec caps are usually to blame for some issues, but good ones can be had without spending a fortune either.

As for drivers, cheaper ones usually do not have the unit to unit consistency or distortion profiles to match up well to each other.
  • WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    edited October 2019
    Wow, this post has gone completely off the rails. Not sure what the history is but the gang up belittling behavior and calling K_M stupid is not cool. I see that others have posted a displeasure for whats going on also. Maybe you don't agree with her, fine. Heck, I don't agree with all that was posted as I went back and read through some of this stuff. However, I didn't see anything she posted that was offensive to anyone. So that's hitting below the belt Gentlemen.

Anyway.... it goes without saying Polk has cost restrictions. Naturally modifying a crossover with better parts like an entry ClarityCap, especially at the recommendation of Polk engineers is not really the conversation because All agree that quality parts are a baseline for good sound. Besides, the manufacture has already done hours upon hours of R&D already and who really knows what the quality is for a given batch of run of the mill caps used in some massed produced speakers these days? I think it has to be a case by case scenario regarding the really high end and high priced stuff. I though the comments I posted by Rich Craig were interesting given his background. Heck, all have listed to some really expensive stuff that did not do much to move the soul. So, just because its high end does not mean its going to please all.

The conversation begins when you take some of these boutique speakers that already are using quality Scan, Seas, SB Acoustics, Accuton, drivers and quality crossovers. The cost of a baseline quality part is not a lot but higher end stuff goes up a great deal.

Back to the L800's.....
    Modifying this beast of a crossover in the L800 with the higher end stuff would be really expensive!
    l59pwapoohed.png

It depends on the interests and goals of the individual. Most participants of a hobby are not high performance enthusiasts and therefore are not going to be interested in whatever gains can be achieved by modifying a stock item, no matter how great or small the improvement might be.
    I think all hobbyist know the biggest room in the world is the room for improvement, but you're right, everyone is not chasing ultimate performance. Still.... your an engineer and you know that even those seeking high performance have a limit. People's taste, hearing, priorities, and budgets are different. The almighty dollar is a major driving force. The price from a basic quality product like an entry ClarityCap to the top products jumps waay up there in price!

It is interesting to note that performance enthusiasts are often criticized for indulging in incremental or "diminishing returns" performance improvements, yet you rarely, if ever, see a performance enthusiast criticizing someone, or calling someone crazy, if they prefer to leave their gear in stock form.
    Crazy is a synonym for enthusiastic... I'm not sure its always a negative or cynical thing. ...and Of course criticism happens both ways.... Its cool. Some of us like to mod things and some don't get it. I've modded speakers, cars, electronics, bikes, cameras, drums, etc you name it. Hell, I just purchased a painted spoiler for a measly $100 to go on my new to me car and the Mrs. is giving me fits! She thinks its the most ridiculous thing ever, LOL!
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • WLDock
    edited October 2019
    DSkip wrote: »
    The speaker designers I talk to believe you don’t need world class drivers. You can take good drivers, get the electroacoustics right and use quality capacitors and draw out incredible sound.

The reason this is even up for debate is that many don’t know how to listen for the qualities these components bring. Case in point, only roughly 10% of guys who came to my room at lsaf heard the incredible depth I was getting. Those guys who did had expletives immediately. The problem with this hobby is that if you don’t know what to listen for, you won’t get it. If you do catch what is going on, that sound doesn’t leave your register.

It is true that capacitors will have different frequency response, but they bring more to the table than just FR. they lower the noise floor and reproduce a more realistic soundstage. The biggest drawback to ALL Polk speakers are the horrendous caps they use.

In the case of speakers that use poor to mediocre capacitors, I’ve never gotten actual depth from the speakers, just a lower volume from those sounds.
    Now we're getting to the meat! This is what I've known and have been saying for years. Audiophiles are quick to size a person up based on their pockets and the expensive stereo's they've owned. However, I know from being around musicians for years that there are some with some great ears. However, don't get it twisted....not all of them have great ears. I have a bud that can play a sax and improv as good as the best out there but his ear for stereophonic sound, not so much. I though I used to have really good ears in my youth. I could listen deeper into recordings and always sought great sound. Bad sound would make my face cringe. My ears today have are not as good. Years of playing drums, ear, sinus problems, and reduced high frequency hearing. The family just did the test a couple of weeks ago. The Mrs and I can hear up to about 12KHz and the kids waay up there.

I first learned to listen as a child by an uncle and cousin that were audiophiles back in the 70's. Later in the 80's in H.S. my a band director was an audiophile. He used to record all types of music performances with a quality recorder. He also has a nice stereo and records of many different genres of music. I'm talking classical, rock, jazz, steel drum orchestras, chamber music, you name it. He lived not far from school and we would drop by, hang out and listen to music. He would serve up some of his Mom's awesome pasta sauce, spaghetti that he had jars of. They were Italian and that sauce was incredible!!! Anyway, we would talk about the music, the sound staging, the details, etc.

I also had a bud Cassius in H.S. who was a very talented musician and arranger. I'm talking a kid who I think had relative pitch, maybe even perfect pitch back then. Heck, there were about 4-5 five guys I played with back then that had incredible hearing and damn near perfect pitch!!! Anyway, back to my bud Cassius. This kid was writing scores for jazz big bands around the Detroit area. He had excellent musical penmanship and great ears. Here's his work today, looks the same as it always has:
    42045036_10215385036754818_5638105489033134080_n.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQkFuH7VS5NUNjq5ekiLFKBGQMdEki4k7KncFOcYuySKoOufP2NhoZ5kPpsT29fLK_SuK8Ce6LBEUxhAqtJroVZ6&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=a47c5599f2ae53b98a708803118dd8ad&oe=5E56A2E6

He had a budget audiophile setup of his own and we used to listen to all sorts of jazz records. Coletrain, Miles, Monk, Parker, Weather Report, Billy Cobham, etc. We would talk about the music and the recording, depth and imaging, etc.

So, I learned early on about stereophonic sound playback and the sound of live music played in different venues. The two most magical sounding events I remember was 1) A concert at the State Theater in Ann Arbor, MI put on by the Chippewa Valley Community College Jazz Orchestra and my H.S. 2) A concert at a church in Germany given a youth organization I was touring with called Musical Youth International. In both instances it was something about the acoustics of the venue combined with a great performance that was startling. I'm talking goosebumps and tears in your eyes startling as the music sounded so sweet, pure, and powerful. When you play the same music in different venues then one performance things fall together and the venue enhances everything you are doing, its magical. I was fortunate that I got to go up into the balcony of that jazz concert and listen. I felt like I went back in time to the 40's when the place opened. I'm sure the Big Bands of the day sounded incredible in that place back then.

Fast forward to later years, it pissed me off when I would go into high end audio shops and the sales guys were a bunch of audio snobs. Some wouldn't give you the time of day but knew nothing about your background. The same happened on forums, and right here on good old Polk audio forums those that will try to size a person up based on the level of gear they've had but not their ability to listen or understanding about audio, electronics, music, digital, acoustics, etc.

Enthusiast should come together to support a common interest. Not to tear each other down!
    Post edited by WLDock on
    2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    edited October 2019

The reason this is even up for debate is that many don’t know how to listen for the qualities these components bring. Case in point, only roughly 10% of guys who came to my room at lsaf heard the incredible depth I was getting. Those guys who did had expletives immediately. The problem with this hobby is that if you don’t know what to listen for, you won’t get it. If you do catch what is going on, that sound doesn’t leave your register.

It's so sad that there are audio equipment designers who have a mindset of "imaging isn't important". In that regard, they would be better off designing mono equipment.

A lot of people, even professionals in the audio industry, seem not to be aware that the primary design goal of a stereophonic music system is to create a three dimensional illusion of sound images spread across a sound field (sound stage) that has apparent height, width, and depth, and that have an apparent sonic "weight".

These "unawares" typically get offended when their listening methodologies, which largely or totally exclude stereophonic performance metrics, are called into question.

This...+1000

For many of us, this holds much truth, but to be honest, for many others, they could care less.

Why would they care less ? Because they don't know what they are listening for, nor do they even want to. All they care about is that it sounds good to them, using their own measuring stick.

….and isn't that what most people do anyway ? Judge sound with their own measuring stick ? Nothing wrong with that, which is why we have various opinions on what constitutes good sound. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

While I agree with Ray's statement, we must also consider others are just not into listening as deeply as some of us others. Which is also why there are no absolutes in audio too. Way too many variables, using all sorts of different measuring sticks.

That said....our goal here isn't to argue the merits of everyones perception of good sound. It's simply to get some to try new things, new approaches, new listening habits, that may...or may not, elevate ones enjoyment of music.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    F1nut wrote: »
    Does anyone else find it odd that someone who said the following keeps posting in L800 SDA-Pro threads?
    K_M wrote: »
    We are thinking about maybe doing the L600 (SDA is not important to me)

@F1nut , I didn't say anything because I thought I was the only one that noticed how active @K_M is in three L800 SDA-Pro threads, all the while professing a lack of interest in SDA.

To answer your question, I would only find it odd if a person known for logical, rational thought and behavior was participating in three (3) threads on a topic they claim is not important to them. Sort of like "it" saying Harley-Davidson motorcycles are not important to them, but "it" keeps going to multiple biker bars and talking about how much "it" dislikes Harleys and the senseless, needless modifications Harley owners make to their bikes.

References:

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188411/sound-vision-reviews-the-legend-l800/p1

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/187721/how-do-the-new-l800-sda-compare-to-the-original-legend-sda-srs-1-2tl

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/187813/looking-forward-to-l800-but-have-concerns-what-are-your-thoughts
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Good point gents....maybe he or she can expand on that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • K_M
    edited October 2019
    tonyb wrote: »

It's so sad that there are audio equipment designers who have a mindset of "imaging isn't important". In that regard, they would be better off designing mono equipment.

A lot of people, even professionals in the audio industry, seem not to be aware that the primary design goal of a stereophonic music system is to create a three dimensional illusion of sound images spread across a sound field (sound stage) that has apparent height, width, and depth, and that have an apparent sonic "weight".

These "unawares" typically get offended when their listening methodologies, which largely or totally exclude stereophonic performance metrics, are called into question.

This...+1000

For many of us, this holds much truth, but to be honest, for many others, they could care less.

Why would they care less ? Because they don't know what they are listening for, nor do they even want to. All they care about is that it sounds good to them, using their own measuring stick.

….and isn't that what most people do anyway ? Judge sound with their own measuring stick ? Nothing wrong with that, which is why we have various opinions on what constitutes good sound. Different strokes for different folks and all that.

While I agree with Ray's statement, we must also consider others are just not into listening as deeply as some of us others. Which is also why there are no absolutes in audio too. Way too many variables, using all sorts of different measuring sticks.

That said....our goal here isn't to argue the merits of everyones perception of good sound. It's simply to get some to try new things, new approaches, new listening habits, that may...or may not, elevate ones enjoyment of music.

I agree.
    We all have differing ideas of what is good sound.
    Some focus on some aspects and partially ignore other things to another person matters much more.

As mentioned before, I have listened to several systems that sounded drastically different, but all the owners believed they had great sound.

And each system was great in ways, but most were not my personal ideal of what I find to be great, but each listen expanded my ability to see what someone else found "Great", and to be able to see to them it was their ideal.
  • K_M
    edited October 2019
    tonyb wrote: »
    Good point gents....maybe he or she can expand on that.

I have a love of all Polk Products.
    Saying the SDA aspect is not important to me is based on having 2 SDA speakers, no intentions of replacing them right now. They can be had for quite good prices used.

I get the L800 will probably be better, but not sure I feel it is worth the price, but at the same time, very interested in it as a Polk Product.

We lean more towards smaller monitors and 2 subs now.
    So I follow all Polk stuff, even that which I doubt we will purchase.

• WLDock
    Maybe her stance and direction is misunderstood. However, she's an SDA owner. Rather she want to purchase the L800 or not is beside the point. Public shaming and calling someone stupid does not make a supposed more knowledgeable or different opinionated person smarter. I never understood that as a child nor do I now as a gown **** man. No one knows it all or is ALWAYS the smartest person in the room.

I think apologies are in order and lets end this culture now on this forum. If a person has doubts and questions something, educate them. If they get it, great! If not, move on!

Who's with this? Speak Up!
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,905
    verb wrote: »
    I'm really excited about the forthcoming reviews! I trust a lot of folks here on CP, well, because, I'm ignorant! :) Well, a newbie! And ready to absorb your impressions! :)

Well if you're ignorant, I hate to think what I am. What's below newbie? lol.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • WLDock
    edited October 2019
    Everyone is ignorant about something.

I'm ignorant about the SDA's. I listened to different Polk speakers waaay back in the day (Back when there were several stores in the Metro Detroit areas that carried a lot of different brands) but don't remember too much about them. So, I haven't listened to the original SDA's in later years. The listening event in the Chi area at Abt of the SDA's was the wrong conditions. So, I hope they will have them on permanent display and maybe I can listen to them again. For sure I'm waiting to hear the feedback after Skip's event.

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Milito wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    I'm really excited about the forthcoming reviews! I trust a lot of folks here on CP, well, because, I'm ignorant! :) Well, a newbie! And ready to absorb your impressions! :)

Well if you're ignorant, I hate to think what I am. What's below newbie? lol.

All good! We're all here to learn! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • WLDock
    edited October 2019
    The person you consider to be the "victim" here has made many unwarranted disparaging and insulting remarks toward individual forum members and toward this forum collectively.
    Again, like I stated, I don't know the history...but saw nothing in this post. If this is the truth I'm sad to hear that and hope that folks can at least play fair.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    WLDock wrote: »
    The person you consider to be the "victim" here has made many unwarranted disparaging and insulting remarks toward individual forum members and toward this forum collectively.
    Again, like I stated, I don't know the history...but saw nothing in this post. If this is the truth I'm sad to hear that and hope that folks can at least play fair.

She is no victim here WLDock… she started this thread for the sole purpose of trying to dump on Jesse.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188438/found-this-odd-disturbing-and-at-the-same-time-sad#latest

If Jesse or anyone else did a similar thing to her, she would cry a river for whomever would listen. That is why it is best to ignore her and her delusions.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    I find it amusing that every time K_M tries to paint someone or something said by someone in a negative light it comes back to bite them in the rear end......big time. They then either play the victim or simply disappear for a bit. It's an act that is way past old.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,470
    Well,

this may be about 1/2 the story. While you are taking your
    shot at amateur Psychologist try explaining FNut.
    You go guy.
    Public shaming and calling someone stupid does not make a supposed more knowledgeable or different opinionated person smarter. I never understood that as a child nor do I now as a gown **** man. No one knows it all or is ALWAYS the smartest person in the room.

I think apologies are in order and lets end this culture now on this forum. If a person has doubts and questions something, educate them. If they get it, great! If not, move on!

Perhaps you are not familiar with the identifying aspects of passive aggressive behavior. One of which attempting to create conflict and then playing the victim ("see how they're ganging up on me?").

Not everyone who comes to this forum comes with good intentions and a desire to contribute, learn, and positively participate. Some come with agendas because they don't like the way that some people pursue this hobby. Furthermore, they feel it is their sacred duty to discredit them.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • F1nut
    SIHAB wrote: »
    Well,

You go guy.
    Public shaming and calling someone stupid does not make a supposed more knowledgeable or different opinionated person smarter. I never understood that as a child nor do I now as a gown **** man. No one knows it all or is ALWAYS the smartest person in the room.

Perhaps you are not familiar with the identifying aspects of passive aggressive behavior. One of which attempting to create conflict and then playing the victim ("see how they're ganging up on me?").

Not everyone who comes to this forum comes with good intentions and a desire to contribute, learn, and positively participate. Some come with agendas because they don't like the way that some people pursue this hobby. Furthermore, they feel it is their sacred duty to discredit them.

I'm as straight and logical as they come. You're the one that left here, went to Hoffman, didn't really fit in there, tried to paint me in a negative light there, which backfired, then came back here under a different user name and still refuse to acknowledge those facts. So, what does that say about you!?!

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SIHAB
    You are a Polk Legend in your own mind.
    Maybe that is where they got the idea.

See I come from the Academic area. People don't laugh and
    walk away when someone puts forth an idea that they don't
    agree with. The person does have to defend it though. This
    happens ALL of the time.

The only purpose in mentioning you at all is I didn't want
    @WLDock to think this was all one sided. It isn't.
    Well,

You go guy.

I'm as straight and logical as they come. You're the one that left here, went to Hoffman, didn't really fit in there, tried to paint me in a negative light there, which backfired, then came back here under a different user name and still refuse to acknowledge those facts. So, what does that say about you!?!
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited October 2019
    I dunno about academics being so universally open-minded. As I remember it, Peter Duesberg was a pariah pretty much from the get-go due to his unorthodox views on the etiology of AIDS, and it took Stan ("the Charlatan" :) ) Pruisner a long, long time to convince his peers and the clinical community of the validity of his prion hypothesis vis-a-vis the causal agents in transmissible spongiform encephalopathies.

• F1nut
    You are a Polk Legend in your own mind.
    Maybe that is where they got the idea.

See I come from the Academic area. People don't laugh and
    walk away when someone puts forth an idea that they don't
    agree with. The person does have to defend it though. This
    happens ALL of the time.

The only purpose in mentioning you at all is I didn't want
    @WLDock to think this was all one sided. It isn't.
    Well,

You go guy.

Yet, you still can't acknowledge or tell the truth. So much for your character.

President of Club Polk

• SIHAB
    edited October 2019
    I didn't mean to infer that Academic types have open minds.
    I just meant that any ideas new other otherwise will be challenged.
    I met the wheelchair guy. I didn't laugh and walk away.

I didn't get Lawrence Krauss, Steven Weinberg, Roger Penrose to
    gang up on him cuz he has sold more books or has made more posts
    on the Polk site or has more likes.
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I dunno about academics being so universally open-minded. As I remember it, Peter Duesberg was a pariah pretty much from the get-go due to his unorthodox views on the etiology of AIDS, and it took Stan ("the Charlatan" :) ) Pruisner a long, long time to convince his peers and the clinical community of the validity of his prion hypothesis vis-a-vis the causal agents in transmissible spongiform encephalopathies.
  • F1nut
    Yet, you cowardly gang up on me whenever someone else starts it. Can you say hypocrite.

President of Club Polk

• I've got to admit that not knowing who in the K_M household is posting has always been disconcerting for me. Each time that a post is made, I tend to adjust how I receive the post just as if the person had multiple personalities. I can't be the only one that has issues with this.......and I believe that this may be an issue for others.

I've been willing to give a benefit of the doubt due to 2 users, but at times I wonder if the dual persons is simply a refined way to troll the forum.

I have the same issue with couples accounts on FB, so maybe my need to understand where someone is coming from is the issue.
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • WLDock
    edited October 2019

She is no victim here WLDock… she started this thread for the sole purpose of trying to dump on Jesse.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188438/found-this-odd-disturbing-and-at-the-same-time-sad#latest

If Jesse or anyone else did a similar thing to her, she would cry a river for whomever would listen. That is why it is best to ignore her and her delusions.
    Well... I thought I was speaking up and trying to help with this cyberspace conflict. I've seen some real crap shows on some other forums.

Not sure what to think now. If this continues there sure will be a lot of posts that will go to downhill. This group is not perfect but there is value here. I hope it ends.

I'm done!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Interesting what the new SDAs reveal.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    Well, this may be about 1/2 the story. While you are taking your shot at amateur Psychologist try explaining FNut.
    You go guy.

He doesn't suffer fools well.

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • SIHAB
    I'd rather be a humorous fool than a serious jackazz
    Well, this may be about 1/2 the story. While you are taking your shot at amateur Psychologist try explaining FNut.
    You go guy.

He doesn't suffer fools well.

• F1nut
    Unfortunately for you, your lack of truthfulness among other things has you in the latter camp.

President of Club Polk