How do the new L800 SDA compare to the Original Legend SDA-SRS 1.2TL?

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    lightman1 wrote: »
    I can't find my pants....

What's new :#
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited October 2019

I don't have a tie...

https://youtu.be/NMcr2yKE03c

On topic -- lookin' forward to copious feedback on the L800 Experience from the Skipfest MMXIX attendees. A separate thread would be most welcome & appreciated.

https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/188110/official-polkfest-2019-complete-with-new-sdas/p1
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Viking64 wrote: »

I just did a Google search for your pants and I found them on the floor of Richard Simmons hotel room. :o

Now THAT is the funniest thing you have ever posted!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • DarqueKnight
    DarqueKnight Posts: 6,760
    F1nut wrote: »
    So much for putting me on ignore....do you ever tell the truth???

km, the world as you see it is not reality. I suggest professional help.

@F1nut

Remember that "it" has multiple personalities, and each is probably not aware of what the others do.
    Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    Thanks Ray, I have not forgotten that fact.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342
    edited October 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

I don't have a tie...

Speaking of no pants.....at work, no fotochop...was thinking of a lightman mod to this album cover.... >:)

fbxawt7am68r.png
    Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    SCompRacer wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

I've known the man for 20 years roughly, and never met him yet.

I have met F1nut on multiple occasions, and his hair was perfect.....every time. :D

Like minute rice...
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627

That being said, the constant bashing of F1NUT is getting ridiculous. He's a straight shooter, plenty of audio knowledge in his back pocket, more than most too. If he's a bit gruff at times, so what, aren't we all at one time or another. Not like he's calling your momma ugly or anything like that, right ? Put him on ignore if you don't care for his personality. That's why that option is there for all members.

Seems every time he chimes in on a thread, some of you drag it down into a personal conflict. Here's a clue....debate him on the merits of the thread topic instead of making it personal. That applies to everyone.

Wow, you have been here for many years, but seem clueless, by what you say.

Everyone knows F1nut starts crap with many (especially new) forum members, but I never see you call him out on making the forum look bad.

Where are you, the great arbiter of justice, when he is bashing someone??
    Hiding in your corner?

Him bashing people non stop is fine right Tony??

He doesnt "Chime in", he makes thousands of personal rude comments, and what you are upset that someone dares to question the Troll being a troll?

You pretend you want to be some neutral "Peace Keeper", but make zero effort to address the Problem.

Everyone should just ignore Jesse, but he is not the actual problem right??

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,341
    edited October 2019
    SCompRacer wrote: »

I've known the man for 20 years roughly, and never met him yet.

I have met F1nut on multiple occasions, and his hair was perfect.....every time. :D

Like minute rice...

I’ve seen him in full sunlight, and it was scintillating.

(He also sold me a couple crates of his LPs for a knock down price while I was there)

• monepolk
    monepolk Posts: 1,139
    K_M wrote: »

That being said, the constant bashing of F1NUT is getting ridiculous. He's a straight shooter, plenty of audio knowledge in his back pocket, more than most too. If he's a bit gruff at times, so what, aren't we all at one time or another. Not like he's calling your momma ugly or anything like that, right ? Put him on ignore if you don't care for his personality. That's why that option is there for all members.

Seems every time he chimes in on a thread, some of you drag it down into a personal conflict. Here's a clue....debate him on the merits of the thread topic instead of making it personal. That applies to everyone.

Wow, you have been here for many years, but seem clueless, by what you say.

Everyone knows F1nut starts crap with many (especially new) forum members, but I never see you call him out on making the forum look bad.

Where are you, the great arbiter of justice, when he is bashing someone??
    Hiding in your corner?

Him bashing people non stop is fine right Tony??

He doesnt "Chime in", he makes thousands of personal rude comments, and what you are upset that someone dares to question the Troll being a troll?

You pretend you want to be some neutral "Peace Keeper", but make zero effort to address the Problem.

Everyone should just ignore Jesse, but he is not the actual problem right??

Would you please take this bickering back to your thread.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,035
    WTF......perhaps if you stopped posting fountains of misinformation Kelley the knowledgeable members wouldn't have to constantly correct your posts. Why not do us all a favor here; put the people on ignore that seem to offend you, wipe your eyes and move on.
  • K_M
    edited October 2019
    WTF......perhaps if you stopped posting fountains of misinformation Kelley the knowledgeable members wouldn't have to constantly correct your posts. Why not do us all a favor here; put the people on ignore that seem to offend you, wipe your eyes and move on.

Misinformation, meaning, a view you do not like or agree with.

I see the same several guys, bashing anything I say. Nothing they have said, has seemed all that credible, but based on hurt feelings and disagreeing with things I say they do not want to hear.

No one has corrected me, but many have posted their views as being factually right and mine wrong.

Name something I was factually wrong about......Since you bring this up....list 10 things I am wrong about??
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,053
    Out of context, but

The AA Serenity Prayer
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    OleBoot wrote: »
    Out of context, but

The AA Serenity Prayer
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

AA or not that can be good advice for life in general.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    If you can't stay on topic, or at least close to it, please refrain from posting in this thread. Thank you....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • motorstereo
    Name something I was factually wrong about......Since you bring this up....list 10 things I am wrong about?

Do you mean in just this thread alone???
    Ok since you asked first and formost I'll point out a major mistake on your part. FWIW Jesse is my go to guy when making any change that involves my 1.2tl's. He's always glad to help and has never once steered me wrong. Nooshinjohn gave me a great deal on an incredible mc cart that for the first time lifted my vinyl beyond my digital. If it wasn't for him I'd more than likely would've retired my vinyl rig. I've also read cover to cover my hard copy of DK's excellent SDA handbook several times. Without the use of his dreadnaught I would not be able to use monoblocks. What I'm saying is because of these 3 members my rig is the very best it's ever been.
    If you're actually serious about this hobby you're doing yourself a terrible disservice by putting these fine members on ignore just because you don't like being corrected.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Motor, can you and KM kindly take it to PM's , this thread has seen enough already.

L800's is the topic, lets not tarnish a thread about Polks new flagship speaker please.

Thanks bro.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • K_M
    edited October 2019
    Name something I was factually wrong about......Since you bring this up....list 10 things I am wrong about?

Do you mean in just this thread alone???
    Ok since you asked first and formost I'll point out a major mistake on your part. FWIW Jesse is my go to guy when making any change that involves my 1.2tl's. He's always glad to help and has never once steered me wrong. Nooshinjohn gave me a great deal on an incredible mc cart that for the first time lifted my vinyl beyond my digital. If it wasn't for him I'd more than likely would've retired my vinyl rig. I've also read cover to cover my hard copy of DK's excellent SDA handbook several times. Without the use of his dreadnaught I would not be able to use monoblocks. What I'm saying is because of these 3 members my rig is the very best it's ever been.
    If you're actually serious about this hobby you're doing yourself a terrible disservice by putting these fine members on ignore just because you don't like being corrected.

Talk about a dance around.
    So what am I wrong about?

Again sounds like anyone that disagrees with them are automatically wrong in your mind.
    Not sure I have ever been corrected, about what exactly?
    or are you referring to when they do not like something I say, and they bash me and say "WRONG", over and over?

Name something specific I was wrong about.

The whole SDA effect thing, showed, they did not understand SDA, but were parroting marketing stuff Polk made, but none was in their own words, nor addressed anything I asked.
    They are great at telling people how wrong they are, but never answering any direct questions, or proving anyone is wrong.

• F1nut
    ba8ea1vpyefr.gif

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• motorstereo
    L800's is the topic, lets not tarnish a thread about Polks new flagship speaker please.

Good advice and I agree.
    I'm looking forward to reading someone's impression of having a direct comparison between the 2 flagships
  • K_M
    edited October 2019

Good advice and I agree.
    I'm looking forward to reading someone's impression of having a direct comparison between the 2 flagships

I agree!

Very curious how the two compare.
    Do you own the vintage flagship also?
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,470
    edited October 2019
    I hope John is doing o.k. on the west coast no matter what acquaintance of past posts.

I look forward to reviews on the OP topic.
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • motorstereo

Good advice and I agree.

I agree!

Yes ma'am I do own the 1.2tl's and have since 2011. They've been recapped by F1nut with a binding post upgrade also done by him. I have all MIT cabling due to Jesse and I use a dreadnaught designed by darqueknight. This all starts with a Clearaudio Stradivari m/c cart that came from nooshinjohn earlier this year. :)
    I honestly cannot see the L800's besting them in any way but I'm human and I've been wrong before.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    This all starts with a Clearaudio Stradivari m/c cart that came from nooshinjohn earlier this year.

Glad to be of service, but wait until you try a Goldfinger! :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    Enabler

President of Club Polk

• motorstereo
    This all starts with a Clearaudio Stradivari m/c cart that came from nooshinjohn earlier this year.

Glad to be of service, but wait until you try a Goldfinger! :p

I believe I can say with confidence that there will never be a Goldfinger here. I would love to hear one though and still find it incredible that it can best the Strad.
  • SIHAB
    SIHAB Posts: 4,470
    edited October 2019

Yes ma'am I do own the 1.2tl's and have since 2011. They've been recapped by F1nut with a binding post upgrade also done by him. I have all MIT cabling due to Jesse and I use a dreadnaught designed by darqueknight. This all starts with a Clearaudio Stradivari m/c cart that came from nooshinjohn earlier this year. :)
    I honestly cannot see the L800's besting them in any way but I'm human and I've been wrong before.

I'm suddenly feeling
    anxious. :o
    Speakers: Polk Lsim, ATC SCM19 v2, NHT SuperzeroSpeaker Cables: DH Labs, Transparent, Wireworld, Canare, Monster: Beer budget, Bose ears
  • K_M
    edited October 2019

Good advice and I agree.

I agree!

When we first got a pair of Lsi, I expected our SDA SRS to beat them in every way, they did in low end extension and overall sound levels for sure, but for smoothness of sound, clarity, resolving low level treble sounds, and a few other things, the Lsi were the better speaker.

I imagine the new L800's will refine on the Lsi and Lsim sound.
    Our older SDA's have a big sound, can get loud and can do fairly deep well, but never found them the epitome in focus, detail, and just resolving small sounds.

I found the vifa tweeters in the Lsi and Lsim to simply be on another level sound wise.

Of course we all listen for different aspects of sound.