Best speaker wire

Comments

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    I like those acrylic enclosures they're so cool
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    Looks like 16 gauge clear jacketed cable that will eventually turn green.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I like those acrylic enclosures they're so cool

Pioneer did, apparently, quite a few of 'em for dealers to display for the bad old HPM-100. They seem to turn up regularly on eBAY (or at least they used to).

bhdoelpuo1td.png
    4bnhq348vxm2.png

... and I'll admit that I wouldn't mind having a pair of Plexiglass K-horns :p
    I reckon thick enough plexiglass or Lexan (polymethylmethacrylate or polycarbonate, respectively) would be reasonably nonresonant.

83bs72vtggli.png

• rpf65
    rpf65 Posts: 2,127
    Why is it I forget that disco ever existed something like this comes back to haunt me?
  • mhardy6647
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Saul

Marantz?
    Of Tarsus?
    Better Call?

• I've received requests to either close or delete this thread because members are being contentious and disrespectful of each other. Please don't bait other members with snarky comments or post combative replies.
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    I've received requests to either close or delete this thread because members are being contentious and disrespectful of each other. Please don't bait other members with snarky comments or post combative replies.
    I've got more boot pictures, Ken. Just say the word! :wink:

• How about puppies/kittens and boots?
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    This is the best I could do.

4cyjnywyrrh6.jpg
  • erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Here's a similar (???) KEF loudspeaker (of which I've never heard, in full disclosure -- and which looks to be a desktop/computer "monitor") that I just stumbled across*:

enlbb2eul1lr.png

Is that zip cord I espy in there? :/

source: https://darko.audio/2014/11/kef-x300a-wireless-powered-loudspeaker-review/

vsvcm5ve17vv.png

It almost looks like the 50W since it has the transformer on the bottom and the 50W is bi amp with a class AB for the top end and D for the bottom end. Still looks thicker then the pioneer showed LOL

Maybe one day I will open it up after the warranty is up.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mhardy6647
    erniejade wrote: »
    Here's a similar (???) KEF loudspeaker (of which I've never heard, in full disclosure -- and which looks to be a desktop/computer "monitor") that I just stumbled across*:

enlbb2eul1lr.png

source: https://darko.audio/2014/11/kef-x300a-wireless-powered-loudspeaker-review/

vsvcm5ve17vv.png

It almost looks like the 50W since it has the transformer on the bottom and the 50W is bi amp with a class AB for the top end and D for the bottom end. Still looks thicker then the pioneer showed LOL

I definitely wouldn't pop the top while it is in warranty.

OK, well -- I might, but I'd never advise anyone else to!

I (in all seriousness) do think plexiglass (or lexan, as the case may be) that thick probably would make for a decent loudspeaker enclosure.
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    edited December 2018
    erniejade wrote: »

enlbb2eul1lr.png

vsvcm5ve17vv.png

I definitely wouldn't pop the top while it is in warranty.

OK, well -- I might, but I'd never advise anyone else to!

I (in all seriousness) do think plexiglass (or lexan, as the case may be) that thick probably would make for a decent loudspeaker enclosure.

I wonder if these were the inspiration for the term "transparent speakers"?
    Hey, somebody needed to say it...
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • mhardy6647
    edited December 2018
    polrbehr wrote: »
    I wonder if these were the inspiration for the term "transparent speakers"?
    Hey, somebody needed to say it...

To borrow from someone else around here recently.

7bt1f7v11nch.jpeg
    https://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/comment/2467408#Comment_2467408
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Thread sure went off topic. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,034
    I've received requests to either close or delete this thread because members are being contentious and disrespectful of each other. Please don't bait other members with snarky comments or post combative replies.

Waaaaaa......Ken those guys are picking on little old me......make em stop Ken!!
  • F1nut

Waaaaaa......Ken those guys are picking on little old me......make em stop Ken!!

Right, like no one ever told them to put a sock in it before.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Allright, boys. I asked Ken to kill the thread. My issue was with how some of you pile on people you don't agree with. Thanks for validating my concerns.

And with that I wish you a happy new year and I'll stay off this forum.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Allright, boys. I asked Ken to kill the thread. My issue was with how some of you pile on people you don't agree with. Thanks for validating my concerns.

Wait....

Is that how this hobby works???

I just agree with everybody all of the time???

Whoa! Man have I been doing this the wrong way for a long time!

Thanks for the insight and for helping us to keep it in perspective.

Oh, BTW, if you're not coming back (ever), why would anyone want to fulfill your requests?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • F1nut
    Allright, boys. I asked Ken to kill the thread. My issue was with how some of you pile on people you don't agree with. Thanks for validating my concerns.

Since it was YOUR issue keep it to yourself. No one appointed you to police the forum.

President of Club Polk

• audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Thread sure went off topic. :)

Ha! Like that's never happened before... Okay, back from my Mid-West Christmas visit. My Wireworld Mini-eclipse 7's were here waiting for me! Played a couple tunes through my reference CD's with the Monster Z-series first to get kind of a baseline and let the amps warm up.

Swapping out to the Mini's, the banana clips are a much better quality. They fit tight! Strings and female vocals seem more life like and brighter. Almost too bright in a couple of moments but it could just be I haven't started drinking yet... Bass drum impact seems to be a little more defined as well.

My other pair I was looking at were the MIT Terminator 2's. I wonder how those would have matched with my setup.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited December 2018
    F1nut wrote: »

Since it was YOUR issue keep it to yourself. No one appointed you to police the forum.

Since he has 233 posts, and his name is ‘The_Polkster’, he must be entitled. LOL.

Happy New Year. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    This is an audio forum John, keep it that way

fjwdmu5r8t1l.jpg
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Got that on vinyl. Great stuff
  • mhardy6647
    FWIW, I prefer Snagglepuss to Rush, but de gustibus non est disputandum (and, yes, I
    realize no one asked) :|
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    edited December 2018
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    This is an audio forum John, keep it that way

fjwdmu5r8t1l.jpg

I get that Ron, but sometimes you need to dumb things down for the kiddies.

Great album btw B)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825

It's NOT just not agreeing, there's plenty of different (read : good) opinions here. I think the issue is the closed-minded approach to some topics by the same few people, over and over again, revolving around similar subjects. I say this because once upon a time, after I offered up a cable for people to try for themselves, no one accepted. I honestly didn't give a damn if there was a difference heard or not, I had zero expectations and would have accepted any reviews as truthful. And yet, no one bothered. I wonder why.
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/