Best speaker wire

1111213141517»

Comments

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    edited January 2019
    audioluvr wrote: »
    These wireworld speaker cables are freaking me out. Detail is superb.

Placebo....lol.

Glad your digging 'em. Try this little experiment. Listen to the new cables for about a month, then put the old ones back in. You'll be shocked.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Mornin' Joe....got the coffee pumpin' ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    tonyb wrote: »

Placebo....lol.

Glad your digging 'em. Try this little experiment. Listen to the new cables for about a month, then put the old ones back in. You'll be shocked.

Only he hooks 'em to the wrong connections...

6i28985bfdfn.png

:|

• vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Is this the source of your freak-out? ->> WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    Is this the source of your freak-out? ->> WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables

Yes. My daughter and I were playing Rush Exit Stage Left last night with the lights out and I think during The Trees she said "Dad I think I heard something behind me...".
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,002
    Careful guys, you'll end up like Jesse and Ken.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    We shouldn't have to be careful about pointing out the obvious. The issue should have been dealt with a long time ago.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut
    The cleaner was here and now Paul's and my post make no sense. :/

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    edited May 2019

Placebo....lol.

Digging up an old thread here, this is sound advice that I plan to try. My initial reaction to Wireworld Mini Eclipse 8 is similar to @audioluvr - WW has more top end detail and better imaging compared to my Zu Libtecs. However in A/B testing I'm also finding that it's coming at the expense of same bass... and maybe a little excitement.

I don't feel that one is absolutely better than the other. It feels like the two cables are trying to fill a different brief. I'm going to run the WW for a few weeks and see if the extra bass of the Libtecs impress me as much as the WW's imaging and space have impressed me today.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937

Placebo....lol.

Digging up an old thread here, this is sound advice that I plan to try. My initial reaction to Wireworld Mini Eclipse 8 is similar to @audioluvr - WW has more top end detail and better imaging compared to my Zu Libtecs. However in A/B testing I'm also finding that it's coming at the expense of same bass... and maybe a little excitement.

I don't feel that one is absolutely better than the other. It feels like the two cables are trying to fill a different brief. I'm going to run the WW for a few weeks and see if the extra bass of the Libtecs impress me as much as the WW's imaging and space have impressed me today.

Thanks for the comparison! Since I got my libtecs on eBay for less than $100 shipped, I think I’ll happily stick with them for awhile...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,124
    rooftop59 wrote: »

Placebo....lol.

Thanks for the comparison! Since I got my libtecs on eBay for less than $100 shipped, I think I’ll happily stick with them for awhile...
    I would 100% recommend that. The Libtecs on Ebay are probably one of the best deals in audio right now when it comes to bang for the buck.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    F1nut wrote: »
    Is there now somebody coming through and cleaning up our mess?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    That was back in January when we still had a mod.

President of Club Polk

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    What would it take, one email or phone call from someone at Polk to someone at Vanilla, and then one or two clicks by a Vanilla employee to give a member here the ability to clean up spam and delete unwanted/inappropriate posts/threads? I don't understand why that can't at least do that.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Hermitism wrote: »
    What would it take, one email or phone call from someone at Polk to someone at Vanilla, and then one or two clicks by a Vanilla employee to give a member here the ability to clean up spam and delete unwanted/inappropriate posts/threads? I don't understand why that can't at least do that.

and if they picked Bruce :D
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 5,002
    F1nut wrote: »

I don't really need help from a mod for my posts not to make sense :p
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden