Best speaker wire

Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,428
    That’s awesome!! 👏 👏
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - PS Audio SGC - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,939
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    If we got F1 into vinyl. We can get K_M into cables!

that sounds a little funny, out of context.

:|
  • FaustinFaustin Posts: 890
    I just love these discussions. So much passion. Someone needs to start one titled " What are the best interconnects".
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 22,939
    edited December 2018
    It's an odd thing about which to get passionate, from my perspective. Loudspeakers, sure. Sources ('specially analog ones), no doubt. Amplifiers, all righty then.

Pieces of wire...

• mikeyb128mikeyb128 Posts: 2,887
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

Pieces of wire...

Lol!
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,662
    Well Mark, I can get passionate about caps, resistors, spikes, speaker stands, binding posts, IEC's, solder, outlets, etc., so why not cables? :)
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• ken brydsonken brydson Posts: 7,519
    F1nut wrote: »
    Well Mark, I can get passionate about caps, resistors, spikes, speaker stands, binding posts, IEC's, solder, outlets, etc., so why not cables? :)

And now vinyl... Whodathunkit??
    HT/Main- Panny 50" G10 Plasma, Pioneer SC-1222k AVR, Panny DMP-BD60 BDP, Polk LS90 mains, CS350LS center, LS/fx side surrounds, LS50 surround backs, SVS 25-31PC+ sub, Harmony One

Office Rig- Marantz 2252B, Denon 2910, Kenwood KD2070 TT, Polk RTA 12B's/ RTA8t
  • joecoulson wrote: »
    @DarqueKnight I am pretty sure the Saul Alinsky method is being used here.

Oh, OK. Thanks. I had to look up Saul Alinsky. In "Rules for Radicals" he wrote:

"The job of the organizer is to maneuver and bait the establishment so that it will publicly attack him as a 'dangerous enemy'. The hysterical instant reaction of the establishment [will] not only validate [the organizer's] credentials of competency but also ensure automatic popular invitation."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/newt-gingrich-is-a-saul-alinsky-republican-1088701

"So hot it burns Mice!"~DK
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member
    "Knowledge, without understanding, is a path to failure."~DK
    "Those who irrationally rail against something or someone that is no threat to them, actually desire (or desire to be like) the thing or person they are railing against."~DK
    How about Himalayan salt lamps? No joke.... I was reading an article to my wife (basically making fun of) about the use of salt lamps in the listening room.... apparently it benefits sound quality. Can anyone guess what I got for Christmas?
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• marvda1marvda1 Posts: 3,622
    How about Himalayan salt lamps? No joke.... I was reading an article to my wife (basically making fun of) about the use of salt lamps in the listening room.... apparently it benefits sound quality. Can anyone guess what I got for Christmas?

A heck a lot cheaper than negative ion generators for audio use.
    Amplifiers: MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800,Kinki Studio EX-M1
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Transport/Dac: L.K.S MH-DA004, North Star Design USB dac32, Cayin Venus cd-100i,
    Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkI
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic 2, Analysis Plus Black Mesh Oval 9,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Interconnects: Analysis Plus Solo Crystal Oval, Analysis Plus Copper Oval-In Micro,
    Cerious Technologies Graphene Extreme
    Power Cables by: Cullen Cables, 6sons Audio, Swiss Cables
    marvda1 wrote: »

A heck a lot cheaper than negative ion generators for audio use.

From what I read there is scientific evidence that it cleans air. So far.. I find it relaxing to use in my listening room.
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,291
    If we got F1 into vinyl. We can get K_M into cables!

You'll have better luck training me to be a Michael Phelps grade swimmer....

And if those salt lamps clean the air then the Himalayas and India should be prestine air right.
    LOL
    Pretty dead on right @DarqueKnight ?
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - PS Audio SGC - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
  • K_MK_M Posts: 1,389
    K_M wrote: »
    Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.

Not really....a dozen or so of the same guys, saying the same stuff, on a forum with a very small membership, really does nothing to upset me at all.
    If you venture to much larger audio forums, you would see many different views overall.

As for you not being upset by being schooled once again proves once again that your mind was and remains closed. In addition, your posts in this thread leave little doubt as to your passive aggressive character trait. Some self reflection on your part could do you well.

Some alcohol could do me well also....
    Lsi15, Lsi9, LsiC,Rta11t,M5jr+,M4,SDA 3.1TL, SDA SRS 2.3TL, Rti6....Still listing stuff, a work in progress.
    B+W-Sold
    Epos-Now gone
    Infinity-Sold
    Advent-Now gone
    Yamaha A-S801
    Yamaha RX-V377
    Yamaha RX-A860
    Yamaha RX-A3060
    Harman Kardon Hk-350i
    Harman Kardon Hk-........
    Harman Kardon PM-665
    Harman Kardon HK-775
    Pioneer.......Stereo Receiver

• DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,109

You got married?
  • delkaldelkal Posts: 568
    edited December 2018
    Eleven pages and counting and it seems like everyone is wrong here. There is no difference if you use expensive cables or or just cheap hardware store lamp cord IF you couple them up with Brilliant Pebbles. Seems that they correct all of the problems in cables. They are a "unique and comprehensive system for tuning the room and audio system based on special physical properties of highly symmetrical crystal structures".

"Brilliant Pebbles addresses specific resonance control and RFI/EMI absorption problems associated with audio electronics, speakers and cables, as well as acoustic wave problems associated with the listening room boundaries and the 3-dimensional space within the boundaries. "

f27sq68hwdqq.jpg

They are cheaper than expensive cables interconnects too!

machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm

1uhh5uckf4cf.jpeg

Lmao!!
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,430
    HAHA....so that's what happens when you stop going to therapy, you tie bags of rocks to your cables ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • txcoastal1txcoastal1 Posts: 10,580
    edited December 2018
    tonyb wrote: »
    HAHA....so that's what happens when you stop going to therapy, you tie bags of rocks to your cables ? :)

Don’t judge till u try it

Post edited by KennethSwauger on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC
  • tonybtonyb Posts: 31,430
    edited December 2018
    txcoastal1 wrote: »
    tonyb wrote: »

Don’t judge till u try it

If I did that Ron, the wife would be looking up straight jackets on Amazon. Besides, if I sat down with a lap full of rocks, she'd probably come along and plant a cactus in there....which has the possibility of being very painful.
    Post edited by KennethSwauger on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1430
    Tad 803 speakers
  • joecoulson wrote: »
    Pretty dead on right @DarqueKnight ?

Dead on.

"So hot it burns Mice!"~DK
    "Polk SDA-SRSs are hopelessly out of date both sonically and technologically... I see no value whatsoever in older SDA speakers."~Audio Asylum Member
    "Knowledge, without understanding, is a path to failure."~DK
    "Those who irrationally rail against something or someone that is no threat to them, actually desire (or desire to be like) the thing or person they are railing against."~DK
    v6mkkxu5wpht.jpeg
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,027
    Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.

Not really....a dozen or so of the same guys, saying the same stuff, on a forum with a very small membership, really does nothing to upset me at all.
    If you venture to much larger audio forums, you would see many different views overall.

As for you not being upset by being schooled once again proves once again that your mind was and remains closed. In addition, your posts in this thread leave little doubt as to your passive aggressive character trait. Some self reflection on your part could do you well.

Some alcohol could do me well also....

It’s Friday night. I’ll drink to that, and enjoy my excellent cables. :)

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • gdphotogdphoto Posts: 149
    Well I'm half way finished my Furez 12/4 cables, I'll be done them tomorrow. Yesterday I received the 15 foot MIT AVT3 used cables I bought. Any thoughts as to what I may except to hear from both of them?
    Hafler DH220 Power amp Recapped
    Hafler DH110 Preamp Recapped
    Hafler Digital FM Tuner
    Virtue Audio M1 Piano CD Player
    Technics SL-1210-MK5 with a Rega Exact Cartridge
    Polk SDA1c's(Rebuilt XO's by Ben) RDO194 Tweeters
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 42,662
    rpf65 wrote: »
    gdphoto wrote: »
    Well I'm half way finished my Furez 12/4 cables, I'll be done them tomorrow. Yesterday I received the 15 foot MIT AVT3 used cables I bought. Any thoughts as to what I may except to hear from both of them?

When you try the MIT’s, you’ll hear F1 Nut in the background saying; “See, I told you so.”

LMAO!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

DSkip wrote: »

You got married?

Yeah buddy! We snuck away to do it. Haha
    2 channel:
    Theater: