Best speaker wire

Comments

• delkal
    delkal Posts: 764
    edited December 2018
    Eleven pages and counting and it seems like everyone is wrong here. There is no difference if you use expensive cables or or just cheap hardware store lamp cord IF you couple them up with Brilliant Pebbles. Seems that they correct all of the problems in cables. They are a "unique and comprehensive system for tuning the room and audio system based on special physical properties of highly symmetrical crystal structures".

"Brilliant Pebbles addresses specific resonance control and RFI/EMI absorption problems associated with audio electronics, speakers and cables, as well as acoustic wave problems associated with the listening room boundaries and the 3-dimensional space within the boundaries. "

f27sq68hwdqq.jpg

They are cheaper than expensive cables interconnects too!

machinadynamica.com/machina31.htm

• tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    HAHA....so that's what happens when you stop going to therapy, you tie bags of rocks to your cables ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    edited December 2018
    tonyb wrote: »
    HAHA....so that's what happens when you stop going to therapy, you tie bags of rocks to your cables ? :)

Don’t judge till u try it

Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • tonyb
    edited December 2018
    txcoastal1 wrote: »

Don’t judge till u try it

If I did that Ron, the wife would be looking up straight jackets on Amazon. Besides, if I sat down with a lap full of rocks, she'd probably come along and plant a cactus in there....which has the possibility of being very painful.
    Post edited by [Deleted User] on
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • joecoulson wrote: »
    Pretty dead on right @DarqueKnight ?

Dead on.

Proud and loyal citizen of the Digital Domain and Solid State Country!
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    K_M wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    F1nut wrote: »
    Ouch, that's going to leave a mark.

Not really....a dozen or so of the same guys, saying the same stuff, on a forum with a very small membership, really does nothing to upset me at all.
    If you venture to much larger audio forums, you would see many different views overall.

As for you not being upset by being schooled once again proves once again that your mind was and remains closed. In addition, your posts in this thread leave little doubt as to your passive aggressive character trait. Some self reflection on your part could do you well.

Some alcohol could do me well also....

It’s Friday night. I’ll drink to that, and enjoy my excellent cables. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • gdphoto
    gdphoto Posts: 182
    Well I'm half way finished my Furez 12/4 cables, I'll be done them tomorrow. Yesterday I received the 15 foot MIT AVT3 used cables I bought. Any thoughts as to what I may except to hear from both of them?
    Hafler DH220 Power amp Recapped
    Hafler DH110 Preamp Recapped
    Hafler Digital FM Tuner
    Virtue Audio M1 Piano CD Player
    Technics SL-1210-MK5 with a Rega Exact Cartridge
    Polk SDA1c's(Rebuilt XO's by Ben) RDO194 Tweeters
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,666
    rpf65 wrote: »
    gdphoto wrote: »
    Well I'm half way finished my Furez 12/4 cables, I'll be done them tomorrow. Yesterday I received the 15 foot MIT AVT3 used cables I bought. Any thoughts as to what I may except to hear from both of them?

When you try the MIT’s, you’ll hear F1 Nut in the background saying; “See, I told you so.”

LMAO!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• mikeyb128
    mikeyb128 Posts: 2,885
    DSkip wrote: »
    mikeyb128 wrote: »
    How about Himalayan salt lamps? No joke.... I was reading an article to my wife (basically making fun of) about the use of salt lamps in the listening room.... apparently it benefits sound quality. Can anyone guess what I got for Christmas?

You got married?

Yeah buddy! We snuck away to do it. Haha
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• mikeyb128
    edited December 2018
    How about Himalayan salt lamps? No joke.... I was reading an article to my wife (basically making fun of) about the use of salt lamps in the listening room.... apparently it benefits sound quality. Can anyone guess what I got for Christmas?

You got married?

Congrats man!

Thank you skip. I have to get into the habit of saying “wife” now.
    2 channel:
    Bryston 4B3, Bryston BDA3, Cary SLP05, Shanling CDT1000SE with parts conneXion level 2 mods, Nottingham analogue ace space 294, soundsmith Carmen MKii, Zu DL103 MKii, Ortofon MC 20 MKii, Dynavector XX2 MKii, Rogue Audio Ares, Core power technologies balanced power conditioner, Akiko Corelli power conditioner with Akiko Audio HQ power cable, Nordost heimdall 2, Frey 2, interconnects, speaker and power cables, Focal Electra 1028 BE 2, Auralic Aries Femto, Black diamond racing cones, ingress audio level 1 roller blocks, JL Audio E110 with Auralic subdude, Primacoustics room treatments.
    Theater:
    Focal Aria 926,905,CC900, SVS PB ultra x2. Pioneer Elite SC85, Oppo BDP93, Panamax M5400PM, Minix neox6, Nordost Blue heaven LS power cables.

• EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    edited December 2018
    I use one of those salt things in the family room mainly because it’s a cool looking nightlight lol...

If it does other things to help audio rock on. My wife said it’s supposed to help with anxiety and had it at her work but moved departments and didn’t have the desk space.....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937

You got married?

Congrats man!

Thank you skip. I have to get into the habit of saying “wife” now.

Congrats! Is there a Mikey jr on the way?!?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • tonyb
    Mikey, give your wife my number so I can properly school her on gifts for an audiophile. If she continues on the same path, for your Birthday your going to get bags of rocks for your cables. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    Mikey, give your wife my number so I can properly school her on gifts for an audiophile. If she continues on the same path, for your Birthday your going to get bags of rocks for your cables. :)

Seriously.....the use of the term "School".,,,,,,,, :#
  • tonyb

Seriously.....the use of the term "School".,,,,,,,, :#

...and the problem with that is...what exactly ?
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • EndersShadow
    EndersShadow Posts: 17,517
    Technically best speaker wire is NO SPEAKER WIRE!

Active powered speakers FTW!
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • mrloren
    mrloren Posts: 2,449
    edited December 2018

You got married?

Congrats bro.

Hear is something from someone who has been married for 25 years. don't let her win on one thing of gear she wants moved/removed, once that happens it goes down hill quick.

Trust me I had a nice setup, before I knew I had just in-ceiling speakers.

When I was a kid my parents told me to turn it down. Now I'm an adult and my kids tell me to turn it down.Family Room:Samsung UN75RU710DFXZA, Denon AVR-X4400H, Emotiva XPA3 GEN3Oppo BDP-93,Sony UBP-X800BM, WD Live HUB .Main: Polk LsiM 705Center: Polk LSiM 704CFront High/Rear High In-Ceiling Polk 80F/X RT Surrounds: Polk S15Sub: HSU VTF3-MK5Bed Room; Marantz SR5010, BDP-S270Main: Polk Signature S20Center: Polk Signature S35Rear: Polk R15Sub: SVS SB2000 Working Warehouse; Yamaha A-S301, Sony DVP-NS3100ES for disc Cerwin Vega AT-12 (blasters) SVS PB2000 Mini tower PC with 400GB of music
  • tonyb
    mrloren wrote: »

You got married?

Congrats bro.

Hear is something from someone who has been married for 25 years. don't let her win on one thing of gear she wants moved/removed, once that happens it goes down hill quick.

Trust me I had a nice setup, before I knew I had just in-ceiling speakers.

Your doing good my man. I got regulated to the shower....with a double insulated curtain....and no soap.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • gdphoto
    gdphoto Posts: 182
    I hooked up the DYI Furez 12/4's last night. I could only listen to them for about an hour. So far I definitely hear better base and seems to be more clarity. I'll know better when I get back home on Tuesday and give them a work out. Turns out the old Monsters were 20 feet long. Thought I cut them down to 10 feet years ago. I built a book shelf/entertainment center back in the mid nineties and the cables have been hidden. The middle 6 to 8 feet have turned dark, dark green, almost black. That surprised me. Anyway, so far I think they sound good. Do cables need to break in? I'll listen to them for a few weeks and then I'll try the MIT AVT3's and see if they sound any different.
    Hafler DH220 Power amp Recapped
    Hafler DH110 Preamp Recapped
    Hafler Digital FM Tuner
    Virtue Audio M1 Piano CD Player
    Technics SL-1210-MK5 with a Rega Exact Cartridge
    Polk SDA1c's(Rebuilt XO's by Ben) RDO194 Tweeters
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    gdphoto wrote: »
    Anyway, so far I think they sound good. Do cables need to break in?

And he opens the next can of worms.....

*ducks for cover*
    INCOMING!!!!!

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874

Wonder what kind of wire (if any) they have in them?
    Anyone open up a pair of the active, wireless KEF LS50s?
    8u2w7ufb6639.png
  • mikeyb128
    edited December 2018

BaHahahahaha! She’s doing good my friend, got a chainsaw for my bday in October, and an axe for Christmas. Lol just in case she tries to make me sell all my gear for kids! :wink:
    2 channel:
    Theater:

• erniejade
    erniejade Posts: 6,287
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

8u2w7ufb6639.png

I have never had to open mine up.
    Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista 300, Audioquest Thunderbird Zero Speaker Cable, Tyler Highland H2, Audioquest Thunderbird Interconnect, Innuos Zen MK3 W4S recovery, Revolution Audio Labs USB & Ethernet, Border Patrol SE-I, Audioquest Niagara 5000 & Thunder, Cullen Crossover II PC's.
  • mhardy6647
    erniejade wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

8u2w7ufb6639.png

I have never had to open mine up.

No reason that you would -- other than curiosity. I'll bet they're not wired with, umm, MIT Cable. Or Audioquest. Or maybe even Monster.
    Actually, I reckon it's all PCB trace based on the graphic I posted -- but a real photo of the innards would be most interesting, from my perspective, since the LS50 family seem to be held in fairly high regard in most circles.

:|
  • mhardy6647
    Here's a similar (???) KEF loudspeaker (of which I've never heard, in full disclosure -- and which looks to be a desktop/computer "monitor") that I just stumbled across*:

enlbb2eul1lr.png

Is that zip cord I espy in there? :/

source: https://darko.audio/2014/11/kef-x300a-wireless-powered-loudspeaker-review/

vsvcm5ve17vv.png