New Polk Audio "Legend" Speaker Series shown at 2019 Hong Kong High End Audio Video Show

Comments

• Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    F1nut wrote: »
    Keep guessing.

We'll find out for sure Friday.

Did I guess right?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    Yes
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    It’s a new SRT system.
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    It’s a photoshopped photo, seriously I’m not buying it..
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,618
    The photo is straight from the Polk Audio facebook site.
  • F1nut
    Polkitup2 wrote: »

So?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,808
    edited September 2019

Well since it’s on the Polk Audio Facebook site it can’t be altered, and I’m just wrong..

My apologies.. Carry on...

• Polkitup2
    It appears to be Polkaudio that posted it. Why they would they post a fake photo?
  • Nightfall
    Because Polk are also trolls.

• Polkitup2
    Maybe just a teaser then...
  • Polkitup2
    Or a friggin conspiracy. F1 learned photoshop and then conspired with Polk to post an altered image to throw us off track!
  • F1nut
    I'm not 100% on what details Polk will release on Friday, but I've got lots of juicy details, which I can reveal after the official announcement.

President of Club Polk

• Polkitup2
    F1nut wrote: »
    I'm not 100% on what details Polk will release on Friday, but I've got lots of juicy details, which I can reveal after the official announcement.

Cool
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    edited September 2019
    These are from the Twitter feed (30k following):
    [Sorry, just saw these posted in the other thread]
    cctyeqbmrhfl.jpg
    nme1xdaferl4.jpg
    onntbxvae0n1.jpg
    mo7h0ok645x6.jpg
    cpu1txr726l7.jpg
    usvhk3eexmkc.jpg

Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    It appears to be Polkaudio that posted it. Why they would they post a fake photo?

Marketing 101. Build anticipation.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    I like that the design of the cabinet will prevent the tops from being used for houseplants and cup-holders.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    FestYboy wrote: »
    This is the TOTL and what I saw in November of '17. The layout is correct and there's a reason for it.... :o

Unless FestYboy is full of it, it's real.

• F1nut
    Oh, the Legend series is real.

President of Club Polk

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I guess we will find out Friday what they are, along with the physical size. While I have no desire to change my stereo, I might spend some money on the HT/spare stereo.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Nightfall wrote: »
    FestYboy wrote: »
    This is the TOTL and what I saw in November of '17. The layout is correct and there's a reason for it.... :o

Unless FestYboy is full of it, it's real.

Well, my eyes ARE brown.... But the prototype I saw matches the pics above nearly to a T. Obviously the proto didn't have as many styling ques but it was all there.
  • skrol
    skrol Posts: 3,330
    I see they corrected the SDA title from CRS to SRS. I had emailed them pointing out the error, and other more minor, and suggested they get a refund from their advertising department.
    Stan

Main 2ch:
    Polk LSi15 (DB840 upgrade), Parasound: P/LD-1100, HCA-1000A; Denon: DVD-2910, DRM-800A; Benchmark DAC1, Monster HTS3600-MKII, Grado SR-225i; Technics SL-J2, Parasound PPH-100.

HT:
    Marantz SR7010, Polk: RTA11TL (RDO198-1, XO and Damping Upgrades), S4, CS250, PSW110 , Marantz UD5005, Pioneer PL-530, Panasonic TC-P42S60

Other stuff:
    Denon: DRA-835R, AVR-888, DCD-660, DRM-700A, DRR-780; Polk: S8, Monitor 5A, 5B, TSi100, RM7, PSW10 (DXi104 upgrade); Pioneer: CT-6R; Onkyo CP-1046F; Ortofon OM5E, Marantz: PM5004, CD5004, CDR-615; Parasound C/PT-600, HCA-800ii, Sony CDP-650ESD, Technics SA 5070, B&W DM601
  • That ring radiator tweeter looks like a Scan Speak Revelator (Expensive), with the pointed silver plug.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery".

;)
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • scubalab
    scubalab Posts: 3,101
    edited September 2019
    I think I saw a vampire in that video!
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Great video.
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • polrbehr
    polrbehr Posts: 2,825
    scubalab wrote: »
    I think I saw a vampire in that video!
    They saved the best for last? LOL
    So, are you willing to put forth a little effort or are you happy sitting in your skeptical poo pile?

http://audiomilitia.proboards.com/
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Oh hell yeah!! L800 for $6,000. I have a room waiting.