New Polk Audio "Legend" Speaker Series shown at 2019 Hong Kong High End Audio Video Show

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Nightfall wrote: »
    SDA CRS+ - $1000 (1989) = $2069 in 2019 dollars.

Let's hear it for a $2k Legend L-CRS bookie!

I imagine the product planners are thinking about it, especially if the flagship sales meet or exceed their expectations! One can hope for sure! :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    My understanding is originally there would be two new SDA's, one about the size of the 1C, which the L800 is and another something like the CRS, which didn't happen.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• oldrocker
    oldrocker Posts: 2,590
    Well this throws a monkey wrench in my plans.

Did get over to Indy to hear some Sonetto's.

They are Impressive for sure but at $8000 to $13,000 for a pair, maybe these new Polks would be a better path for me to take.

Hopefully some place in IN will have some to hear in the near future.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    edited September 2019
    Polk L800 for $6k the pair
    Klipsch Corny Cornwall 4 for $6k the pair

coincidence?

B)

0zhpdfrs4d7o.png

04fanjtwx8ck.png

Polk got turbines; Cornys got mumps.
  • What would you guess to be the smallest room size to take advantage of the L800s? Or the ideal room size?
  • Something no one has mentioned yet. Polk intended for this new Legend series to replace both RTiA and LSiM, but due to cost constraints scrapped that idea and it became the top-of-the-line Legend series to replace LSiM. Polk still has to essentially replace RTiA. So if I were a betting man I’d guess we will see a trickle down product utilizing SDA technology in the not too distant future, but for now this new line of products is pretty exciting.
  • F1nut
    I'm not sure where you got that information. Polk has planned for some time now to have 3 levels, good, better and best. The RTiA series will be closed out.

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• F1nut do you work for Polk?
  • F1nut
    edited September 2019
    That's not an answer. Where did you get that information?

President of Club Polk

• All the T series is, is Polk’s replacement to Pioneer speakers on Best Buy’s floor. Polk was in, Pioneer was out. While I own a pair of T50 towers and think they are great for the money, it was never meant as anything more than to hit a price point for Best Buy. Signature is Polk’s “Good”. I don’t see Polk leaving that big of a gap in between Signature and Legend. There will be a replacement to RTiA, maybe not tomorrow, it may take a year or two, but it will happen. What I said in my first post about what Polk intended and what ended up actually happening due to cost came from within.
  • F1nut
    If you think about that it doesn't make sense.

No, I do not work for Polk, but I have very good contacts.

President of Club Polk

• Why not? Signature top end bookshelf $299 pr. Legend entry bookshelf $1199 pr., Signature top end floor speaker $899 pr., Legend entry tower $4,000 pr. I was told (a while ago) Polk intended to replace both RTiA and LSiM with a new series of product that would be in between, but cost ended up blowing that idea apart, hence Legend series. Polk will fill that gap and you heard it here first, lol.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    Thanks for the insight there, Nostradamus...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • F1nut
    Hyme2019 wrote: »
    Why not? Signature top end bookshelf $299 pr. Legend entry bookshelf $1199 pr., Signature top end floor speaker $899 pr., Legend entry tower $4,000 pr. I was told (a while ago) Polk intended to replace both RTiA and LSiM with a new series of product that would be in between, but cost ended up blowing that idea apart, hence Legend series. Polk will fill that gap and you heard it here first, lol.

Sure thing buddy, sure thing.

President of Club Polk

• Well tell me this F1nut what makes you so certain they won’t.
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Ignored. You heard it here first.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • verb
    Is is just me, or did I notice a highlighted change to Jesse's signature? :)

qbrioayrjae0.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • F1nut
    edited September 2019
    One would be foolish to predict what any large corporation will do, but I've not heard any mention of it. Although, I was told Polk will have a lot of new stuff coming soon. What they will be I don't know yet.

I can tell you this, the Legend/SDA was in planning 3 years ago as the replacement for the LSiM.

President of Club Polk

• FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    It makes sense when using the price point gap... There's plenty of room for something between signature and legend.
  • F1nut and I was told right around when Signature came out which was now 2 years ago, that Polk intended to replace RTiA and LSiM with a series in between them price wise, but that cost (budget) had blown up so that was no longer the case. Their vision may not have changed just that cost had changed.
  • nooshinjohn
    F1nut and I was told right around when Signature came out which was now 2 years ago, that Polk intended to replace RTiA and LSiM with a series in between them price wise, but that cost (budget) had blown up so that was no longer the case. Their vision may not have changed just that cost had changed.

Perhaps you could start by introducing yourself to the group, citing your experience and background. This may afford you some credibility going forward when you talk about things that seem way above your pay grade. Jesse has been a close family member to the Polk brand for DECADES, and personal friends with many of it's founders.

You are coming from nowhere claiming to be somebody with the inside word. Back up and start over and introduce yourself.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • And who is Jesse?
  • nooshinjohn
    And who is Jesse?

That is not the question... The question is who the hell are you?

• I came here for friendly conversation with like minded people who have a love of speakers and the biz, what I’m getting is well.... bs. Thanks but no thanks I no longer wish to be a part of your elitist “club” it’s all yours.
  • F1nut
    Nothing like kicking in the door then getting PO'd because the people in the house fight back......shakes head...walks away.

President of Club Polk

• nooshinjohn
    I came here for friendly conversation with like minded people who have a love of speakers and the biz, what I’m getting is well.... bs. Thanks but no thanks I no longer wish to be a part of your elitist “club” it’s all yours.

Nobody is trying to chase you off. all I am asking you to do is introduce yourself and your experience. How is it you got your insider information? Jesse is asking you the same, and I told you his experience already.

You came in saying things that sound like you know more than the rest of us, and all anyone wants is for you to let us know a bit about yourself and your background.

• verb
    I came here for friendly conversation with like minded people who have a love of speakers and the biz, what I’m getting is well.... bs. Thanks but no thanks I no longer wish to be a part of your elitist “club” it’s all yours.

Well @Hyme2019 first of all - Welcome to CP!

Secondly, yeah we're all a bunch of like minded folks, with a severe passion for Polks, especially the SDA line!

But, I must admit, you really need to introduce yourself. I'd love to get to know you, your background, history, and your journey. As we continue, I hope you become one of the family.

What you're saying might well be true, I believe ya, but you have to put it in context. We get a lot of folks here that just swoop in making all kinds of claims or otherwise, and, well ya know, just hard to believe.

Hang out with us for a while! :)
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Just don’t be a non-stop posting machine like some are. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • halen
    halen Posts: 675
    Guys. After this big build up and intro. You know traffic on Polk will pick up. I look forward to it.

The results of traffic here and the hype speaks for itself. I love it.

Lets be a little nicer and welcoming. We all started on this forum at one point. Let’s not forget that.

With that said. Welcome to all the new forum members. Stick around.

SDA rulz. Eff you if you don’t agree. Lol.

Halen