New Polk Audio "Legend" Speaker Series shown at 2019 Hong Kong High End Audio Video Show

Comments

• hochpt21
    hochpt21 Posts: 5,423
    halen wrote: »
    hochpt21 wrote: »
    Just found this on Twitter

h8wy7qpkgoey.png

Love it! Breaking Bad movie has been filmed!

Kidding. I look forward to experiencing these.

Lol, I was going to crop that out but figured someone would find value in it. :D
    2 ChannelTurntable - VPI Classic 2/Ortofon 2M BlueAmplification - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II, Parks Audio Budgie PhonoSpeakers - GoldenEar Triton 17.2 Home TheaterDenon AVR-X3300W; Rotel RMB-1066; Klipsch RP-280F's, Klipsch RP-450C, Polk FXi3's, Polk RC60i; Dual SVS PB 2000's; BenQ HT2050; Elite Screens 120"Man CaveTurntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado GoldAmplification - Dared SL2000a, McCormack DNA 0.5 DeluxeCD: Cambridge AudioSpeakers - Wharfedale Linton 85th Anniversary; LSiM 703; SDA 2A
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    What's a twitter?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I thought ‘twitter’ was a motor mouth twit.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    edited August 2019
    BlueFox wrote: »

No that's a twerp B)
  • nooshinjohn
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    BlueFox wrote: »

No that's a twerp B)

Or a politician...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • motorhead43026
    motorhead43026 Posts: 3,892
    edited August 2019
    A twerp, a person whom f-arts in the bathtub and bites the bubbles.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • JayCee
    JayCee Posts: 1,474
    edited August 2019
    halen wrote: »
    What's a twitter?

Sir John. It is the modern version of T W A T

Any Cheech and Chong fans????.....Tactical Woman's Alert Team. Funny bit and my best friends mom scratched out the track on his LP back in the 70's so we couldn't listen to it.
    Speakers: Polk1.2tl's (Uber Mods) Pre/Amp/DAC: PS Audio BHK Signature & 250, DirectStream Cables/IC's: MIT S1Bi-Wire/S1 Balanced +Avel Lindberg 1000VA "Dreadnought" Power Conditioner: PS Audio P15 Power Plant Power Cords: Core Power Technologies Gold, DH Labs Power Plus DIY w/Neotech NC-P301 & P311ends Streaming: Roon ROCK on wifi'd NUC, TP-Link WAP, & Uptone EtherREGEN, AfterDark, Emperor Double Crown Clock, Black Modernize LPS, PS Audio AirLens⟿Ω☯☥☮⟿🔊♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬♩♪♫♬
  • nooshinjohn
    A twerp, a person whom f-arts in the bathtub and bites the bubbles.

And you know this from experience? ;)

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    edited August 2019
    Got this in an email today. Something wicked this way comes,,,
    j8idlvadld45.gif
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,524
    edited August 2019
    Yeah, it also said "is your mancave ready for this?"

*groan*

ok52v25j0afi.png
  • Hermitism
    Perhaps they'll glue a ruby to it! OH!
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,524
    Now you're just reaching.

*double groan*
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    edited August 2019
    la2vegas wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Yeah, it also said "is your mancave ready for this?"

*groan*

ok52v25j0afi.png

Although some might have put them there, I don't believe that the LSIM series were delegated as man cave speakers. :/

Well I have a number of educated, relatively affluent married friends that love music, and exactly one of them has tower speakers in the living area (my bro in law). None of the rest even have bookshelf speakers. One has in wall, one a sound bar, the rest Bluetooth speakers. So, ya know, know your audience and all that jazz...
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    Hermitism wrote: »
    j8idlvadld45.gif

They shoulda played the opening section of Also Sprach Zarathustra behind the animation.

:)
  • Hermitism
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    j8idlvadld45.gif

They shoulda played the opening section of Also Sprach Zarathustra behind the animation.

I did a google search a few years back of the 50 best classical music songs and that was one of them. I went to my local library and was able to collect a vast majority of those 50 songs and made a 2 CD compilation album of classical music. Whenever I have a lady friend over for sexy time, I play that song for the humor. It softens the mood. After that I always hear Simon Cowell's buzzer sound.
  • rooftop59
    rooftop59 Posts: 7,937
    j8idlvadld45.gif

I did a google search a few years back of the 50 best classical music songs and that was one of them. I went to my local library and was able to collect a vast majority of those 50 songs and made a 2 CD compilation album of classical music. Whenever I have a lady friend over for sexy time, I play that song for the humor. It softens the mood. After that I always hear Simon Cowell's buzzer sound.

Lady friend?!?
    Living Room 2.2: Usher BE-718 "tiny dancers"; Dual DIY Dayton audio RSS210HF-4 Subs with Dayton SPA-250 amps; Arcam SA30; Musical Fidelity A308; Sony UBP-x1000es; Squeezebox Touch with Bolder Power Supply
    Game Room 5.1.4:
    Denon AVR-X4200w; Sony UBP-x700; Definitive Technology Power Monitor 900 mains, CLR-3000 center, StudioMonitor 350 surrounds, ProMonitor 800 atmos x4; Sub - Monoprice Monolith 15in THX Ultra

Bedroom 2.1
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Polk RT25i; ACI Titan Subwoofer
  • Hermitism
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    j8idlvadld45.gif

Lady friend?!?
    It's a term of endearment!
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    Nightfall wrote: »
    rooftop59 wrote: »
    Lady friend?!?

It's his nickname for me. I wish he'd stop putting our business out into public though.
    Hey Boo!!

Here's yous guys song... ;)

https://youtu.be/nf0oXY4nDxE
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Oh thank God... I wasn't lied to. The silhouette speaks volumes. Y'all are gonna love what's coming.
  • Polkitup2
    Polkitup2 Posts: 1,618
    Not much longer....
    idnuud3fqbwl.png

• Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,628
    Polkitup2 wrote: »
    Not much longer....

It looks like the clock has stopped. :'(
  • K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited August 2019
    Nightfall wrote: »
    All this talk about SDA makes me want to puke. Speaker technology has improved since then, get over it.

A lot of people here like what SDA does to the sound stage, get over it.

Probably quite true what you say, but this is a small forum.

Several dozen people on a forum that is dedicated TO the brand in question, is simply too small a sampling of the audio world overall to draw any reasonable consensus of the appeal of a 30+ year old speaker design.

Again not disagreeing with you, but there are simply not a lot of people here.

• K_M
    K_M Posts: 1,627
    edited August 2019
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    ///////\\\\\\\
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• WLDock
    WLDock Posts: 3,073
    They shoulda played the opening section of Also Sprach Zarathustra behind the animation. :)
    LOL, right! Maybe have the younger generation playing the old piece in a BIG way..... have the '13 Carolina Crown Drum Corps boombastic performance in the background.

BIG Sound, Youthful Movement and Expression, playing the old Legendary tune, with a modern twist!

https://youtu.be/jTIhOFF2P5k?t=81

rfc1asy3am75.png

2.2 Office Setup | LG 29UB55 21:9 UltraWide | HP Probook 630 G8 | Dell Latitude | Cabasse Stream Amp 100 | Boston Acoustics VS 240 | AUDIORAX Desk Stands | Mirage Omni S8 sub1 | Mirage Omni S8 Sub2
  • Curious is it possible the engineers at Polk have figured out a single driver SDA instead of the usual side by side configuration hmmm.
    Yamaha RXA1030, Yamaha CD-S2100, Yamaha AS-2200, Bluesound node 2i
    Polk SDA2btl highly modded
    Polk SDA 1C modded
    Polk CS350 LS x2
    Kimber 8TC
    Sony 55" Bravia
    Wish list SVS sub

• Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,341
    edited August 2019
    Curious is it possible the engineers at Polk have figured out a single driver SDA instead of the usual side by side configuration hmmm.

Polk would not need to as it's already been done for the last few decades. It's possible to do something similar to the crosstalk cancellation concept with single drivers in regular stereo speakers through electronics. A Swiss company called Weiss Engineering has been doing some DSP work for DACs in this area lately but the concept itself is not new at all and others have tinkered with crosstalk cancellation:

https://www.weiss.ch/products/dac501-dac502

But, Polk's implementation through SDA speakers has always relied on acoustics rather than electronics. They did put a type of SDA in a few soundbars and used DSP for those, but that is something different than stereo. The space between the stereo and dimensional midwoofers on SDA stereo speakers was critically important for the SDA function. One could certainly make the case that Polk's implementation of crosstalk cancellation has been superior to anything else yet produced, but it is possible something that works better and with greater flexibility may be in the works somewhere given the vast improvements in signal processing technology in the last couple decades.

Post edited by Emlyn on