What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• Tony MTony M Posts: 8,375
    edited April 27
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    <drum roll>

Believe it or not...

Finally...

We are...

cliplead free upstairs.

- And there was great rejoicing -

47662491102_d0396b4672_h.jpgDSC_4468 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

47715535421_87a57cacc6_h.jpgDSC_4465 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Go out tomorrow morn. and let it be known. You now have the power! It HAS BEEN DONE. ;):p Congrats. :) It looks very clean now.
    https://giphy.com/gifs/hallelujah-CEVvjHH3XszUQ

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verbverb Posts: 8,234
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Sweet. Let me know the results Dave.
    Love that rack.

Late, couple of Jack & Cokes, but what the heck! Time for tube rolling! Swapped the Mullard 12AU7’s from Joe (originally from Drew) and taking em for a spin! :smile:
    s2eda6bo4hje.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • halohalo Posts: 5,281
    Dave,

The VTL 2.5 + DNA-125 should be an excellent combination. I’d put it up against anything else out there. Nice. Very nice.
    Finally hooked these babies up! Groneberg Quatro Reference IC from @VR3 ! Nearfield rig in the office. Marantz HD-CD1 to the analog inputs of the Marantz HD-AMP1. Running em now!

Nice quality cables with very robust locking IC's. Thanks again Trey! :smile:
    qabs0u8f5vyx.jpg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,350
    I played around with both of my setups using the new to me Odyssey Stratos Extreme amp I got from Trey this past week. The past few days have been really busy for me so this afternoon was the first time I got to sit down and get some quality listening time in. I first moved it into the small room and it sounded really nice. I moved it back into the bigger setup where I had it originally. It drives the SDAs with no problems. I am going to keep it with the big system for now.
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,565
    verb wrote: »
    Finally hooked these babies up! Groneberg Quatro Reference IC from @VR3 ! Nearfield rig in the office. Marantz HD-CD1 to the analog inputs of the Marantz HD-AMP1. Running em now!

Nice quality cables with very robust locking IC's. Thanks again Trey! :smile:
    qabs0u8f5vyx.jpg

Very nice!
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,565
    indyhawg wrote: »
    I played around with both of my setups using the new to me Odyssey Stratos Extreme amp I got from Trey this past week. The past few days have been really busy for me so this afternoon was the first time I got to sit down and get some quality listening time in. I first moved it into the small room and it sounded really nice. I moved it back into the bigger setup where I had it originally. It drives the SDAs with no problems. I am going to keep it with the big system for now.

Awesome!
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,717
    Verdict on the Mullards Dave?
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • simmsimm Posts: 495
    I unhooked my LSiM 705’s and reconnected my Boston VR-M60’s and am enjoying music so much more.
  • HzTweakerHzTweaker Posts: 538
    simm wrote: »
    I unhooked my LSiM 705’s and reconnected my Boston VR-M60’s and am enjoying music so much more.

Interesting, what's the size/dimensions of your listening space @simm ?
    2ch rig:
    Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress mods
    Preamplifier: Parasound P5
    Amplifier: Vincent SP-331
    CDP: Denon 1520
    Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB
    Benched: Parasound A23
    edited April 29
    Got some (qty 8) generic (Nakamichi) speaker connectors with locking bananas today! Great value, decent quality, nice machining, knurled surfaces, gold plated. :smile:
    8inwdz2igff1.jpg
  • simmsimm Posts: 495
    HzTweaker wrote: »

About 19’ on the long wall and 15’ on the short. Speakers are on the long wall.
    edited April 29
    deleted
    Post edited by joecoulson on
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    HzTweaker wrote: »

About 19’ on the long wall and 15’ on the short. Speakers are on the long wall.

That's a pretty big room. I'd thought that LSiM would have sounded better or fill the space with sound more effectively.
    2ch rig:
    edited April 29
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Just so everyone knows, I would always honor a sale, if there is an issue with the tubes (of which I was not aware) I have offered to refund the money plus shipping back to me if Dave’s not happy.

Joe my Brah! No worries my friend! I know you're an honorable guy.

Hey still checking the tubes out, I'll let ya know. So that's why I haven't replied yet. Only have less than an hour on em with the VTL.

I do apologize if no response was interpreted as if there was an issue!

And yes I'm a tube newbie, so still going through the learning process.

And yes I'm happy! Happy to regard you as my friend! :smile:
    This morning listened to a few albums at 96khz 24b FLAC and played around with speaker placement.
    2ch rig:
    edited April 29
    Sorry. Deleted.
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,303
    I unplugged my gear and tore it all down and got it all boxed up!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,141
    voltz wrote: »

Dialing in the subs right now and then going to be doing the same tomorrow myself.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
    Good luck with the show gents.
  • treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,160
    edited April 30
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Dialing in the subs right now and then going to be doing the same tomorrow myself.

Ryan, I will help redial them in for the show. Acoustics will be COMPLETELY different there.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,277
    Installed a Lumin X1, but something isn’t right. The app sees all the songs, but they don’t play. It goes to the song, the title displays on the X1, then it goes to the next song, title displays, then goes to the next track. I had this issue once with my S1, but I forgot how I fixed it. Oh well, the S1 is working one more day.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,583
    Lumin and Pass Labs don't work well together. Send that junk to me and get yourself some Emotiva gear and everything will work just fine. :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • voltzvoltz Posts: 5,303
    edited April 30
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    <drum roll>

Believe it or not...

Finally...

We are...

cliplead free upstairs.

- And there was great rejoicing -

47662491102_d0396b4672_h.jpgDSC_4468 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

47715535421_87a57cacc6_h.jpgDSC_4465 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

you should sell these :) I want one for my full range speakers I built o:)

but then I'd have to buy a super tweeter!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
    Lumin and Pass Labs don't work well together. Send that junk to me and get yourself some Emotiva gear and everything will work just fine. :p

Yes. Simplicity succeeds, complexity fails. :)

Seriously though, that was my work software design philosophy.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,141
    treitz3 wrote: »
    ZLTFUL wrote: »

Ryan, I will help redial them in for the show. Acoustics will be COMPLETELY different there.

Tom

Just getting a baseline as these are my subs for the bar surround system. I am not bringing the Epik Legend this year. A pair of Dayton Reference 8" subs in folded horns tuned to 27hz.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,583
    For you Verb, the question is not what did you do, but what didn’t you do to your stereo today.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Installed a Lumin X1, but something isn’t right. The app sees all the songs, but they don’t play. It goes to the song, the title displays on the X1, then it goes to the next song, title displays, then goes to the next track. I had this issue once with my S1, but I forgot how I fixed it. Oh well, the S1 is working one more day.

Fixed that issue. Operator issue. LOL

sm94t1y7w8z1.jpeg

Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 696
    For you Verb, the question is not what did you do, but what didn’t you do to your stereo today.

I can see Verb working on a discussion similar to the one in Audiogon that the guy talks about every amp he has ever owned. Verb's discussion will be about every piece of equipment he currently owns. Maybe he needs his personal "What did Verb do to his stereo rigs today?". (We wouldn't kid with you if you were not liked.)

My Long List of Amplifiers and My Personal Review of Each!
    https://forum.audiogon.com/discussions/my-long-list-of-amplifiers-and-my-personal-review-of-each