What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,101
    halo wrote: »
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I have not done anything to my rig today but find more music to buy, thanks to the guys at LASF.

Tom

What music would that be Tom?

T-bone shuffle by Boz Scaggs
    London Grammer - Hey now
    The other one, I have to research......Joyce Cooling - This girl has got to Play - or - Toasted Jam........the room got a little loud and I got discombobulated on which one they were trying to talk about....

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
  • HzTweakerHzTweaker Posts: 534
    halo wrote: »
    I have not done anything to my rig today but find more music to buy, thanks to the guys at LASF.

Tom

What music would that be Tom?

London Grammer - Hey now
    The other one, I have to research......Joyce Cooling - This girl has got to Play - or - Toasted Jam........the room got a little loud and I got discombobulated on which one they were trying to talk about....

Tom

That whole album from London Grammar "If you wait" is great! I discovered it when I went to LSAF. Good music stands the test of time. Every one should check it out.

I'm currently warming up the rig to check out an album a coworker suggested. A little later from now.
    2ch rig:
    Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress mods
    Preamplifier: Parasound P5
    Amplifier: Vincent SP-331
    CDP: Denon 1520
    Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB
    Benched: Parasound A23
  • halohalo Posts: 5,244

London Grammer - Hey now

Tom

Thanks!
  • jumpindickjumpindick Posts: 313
    indyhawg wrote: »
    Started a subscription to Tidal...finally. I am wondering WTH took me so long now.

Same thought I had when I signed up a couple of months back... Much better than Spotify... of course in my opinion.

• jumpindickjumpindick Posts: 313
    Bought close to 100 cds from local Goodwill stores, when I saw $0.99 a cd. I never knew that Goodwill would have cds, but they do.... what I might have missed out on :'(
  • verbverb Posts: 7,936
    Started a subscription to Tidal...finally. I am wondering WTH took me so long now.

Me too brother! I've asked myself the same question! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,200
    That's a biggun!
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • HzTweakerHzTweaker Posts: 534
    Sweet!!
    2ch rig:
    Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress mods
    Preamplifier: Parasound P5
    Amplifier: Vincent SP-331
    CDP: Denon 1520
    Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB
    Benched: Parasound A23
  • Tbone289Tbone289 Posts: 669
    edited May 14
    simm wrote: »
    simm wrote: »
    I unhooked my LSiM 705’s and reconnected my Boston VR-M60’s and am enjoying music so much more.

Today I have the 705’s back in action and they sound great. There must really be something to weather/cleanliness of the power coming into the house that has a significant impact on my system. Nothing else has changed.

If you're anything like me, it's just your brain that has changed. I have 2-4 sets of monitors that I swap around with at any given time, each set with their own characteristics. After a few weeks (sometimes months) with one pair, my brain becomes "acclimated to" (bored with?) them and don't enjoy them as much, so I switch them out for one of the other pairs, and they sound so great I wonder how it was I was listening to the pair I just removed from the system. This happens over and over again for me, in an endless cycle. It's very much like tube rolling, IMO.

I just "rolled" to Wharfedale Denton 80s from the Gallos in my signature and haven't updated it yet. I don't know why I was liking those Gallos so much. :D Someday maybe I'll find speakers that I love all the time, but I doubt it.
    2.1: S/PDIF>Schiit Gungnir MB>Creek Evolution 100a>Ascend Acoustics Sierra-1, HSU STF-2
    5.1: HDMI Bitstream>Denon AVR-1910>polkaudio RTE55, CS350-LS, RT3, HSU STF-2, Visio M55-F0
  • Dr_WuDr_Wu Posts: 163
    Nothing as dramatic here, but added 2 Arcadia MkII ICs from Zavfino (really like this company's cables) to the CD and turntable sources.
  • codycatalistcodycatalist Posts: 2,555
    Added some MIT EXPs2 cables. My problem is whenever I do one change or upgrade I also do something else so no idea if the changes I hear are due to the cables or speaker placement. However the length of the cables allowed me to move my rack from between the speakers to outside to the right of them.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
    edited May 14
    maxward wrote: »
    I swapped my old interconnects for the Groneberg I just received from @ALL212. So, apparently nothing much. The old ones (DAC to preamp) we’re Straight Wire Symphony II and too long for the purpose. I was pleasantly surprised with the new ones and told Aaron as much. The Odyssey website showed that they should be connected one way, but Klaus emailed me with the opposite recommendation. So I swapped ends thinking that could hardly make a difference, but i think it did. When I played Pop Pop by famous vocalist/mumbler Rickie Lee Jones, I was able to understand a bit more of the words. This is a nice, mostly acoustic, album that was used by the guy to demonstrate the Joule Electra to me when I bought it. At the time, I had not heard much of it. Thank you, Aaron.

Hey Aaron was reading through some old threads. IIRC, did you ever modify/upgrade your Joule?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • audioluvraudioluvr Posts: 1,379
    WOW! Nice! you'll have to start spending more time in the bedroom now!
    Home System:
    SDA 1C's - Full mod with the help by Dave...
    1000 Va Dreadnought- w/ WireWorld Mini-Eclipse cables
    WireWorld Mini-Eclipse 7 speaker cables
    WireWorld Silver Eclipse IC's
    Cambridge Audio Azur 851N - DAC/Streamer
    B&K Reference 50 Pre/Pro
    B&K M200 Sonata Monoblocks
    BLE-Design 16mm Power Cables
    Denon DVD 2900

Barn system:
    SDA SRS 2.3's Full mod done by myself
    Carver C-1 pre
    Carver M1.5t
    BluDenso - Bluetooth receiver/DAC
    audioluvr wrote: »
    WOW! Nice! you'll have to start spending more time in the bedroom now!
    Only if the Mrs kicks me out, cause I’ve been a bad boy! :smile:
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,564
    ^you typically stay for that behavior
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,456
    That dresser looks like something from a 1970’s waterbed room set...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    So today is day 2 with these little guys, and having fun! They sound great! More critical listening is store for sure, but one thing I noticed almost immediately was the lower end was better, Seemed to be extended and a bit tighter compared to the Antique Sound Labs monoblocks.

Shpongle putting em through the test!
    cnui8fm22n1a.jpg

Another surprise for me was that these little heaters never really got that hot! Warm yes, concentrated toward the center of the heatsink, but not bad to the touch. Even after about 90 minutes of playtime. So, IMO no need for special measures to manage the heat.

Having fun for sure! Loving these little guys! :smile:
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,321
    looks purposeful.

:)
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Got a used Micro Seiki MA-505 tonearm :) Yeah, it's missing a couple of bits, but those have been procured and are in transit. Bearings are in perfect working order. Ok, it's a little rough around the edges, but I got a good deal on it, and it should clean up enough to suit me. I'm much more about function over form when it comes to cosmetic issues, but that's just me.
    6qahlnd7aqp7.jpg
    jk6ldn44rt3f.jpg
    4g0tesgxnfmt.jpg

Spend some time with a good detailer and the proper tools and it should shine up like new. Good score.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • jdjohnjdjohn Posts: 1,003
    edited May 15
    Thanks! Detailing is my specialty B) I like Peek cream or paste for polishing. It has diamond dust mixed into it. Greased Lightning is my go-to de-grimer for anodized aluminum oxidation as a first step. Unfortunately, I can't fix pitting :( Also need to clean and re-lube the VTA section.
    ev8my7ydfdsd.jpg
    It is all a little sticky, and not working as intended.
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator

Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
    You can take the pitted parts and have them reworked if you want to go that deep taking it apart.

• WillowWillow Posts: 9,689
    Willow wrote: »
    I replaced my Rotel transport with my Marantz. The silver face stuck out too much in the sea of black. I ended with cleaner looks and cleaner sound.

kdbrvzmac3ho.jpg
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,321
    I replaced my Rotel transport with my Marantz. The silver face stuck out too much in the sea of black. I ended with cleaner looks and cleaner sound.

kdbrvzmac3ho.jpg

I mean, a broad point black Sharpie could've taken care of that problem.

:#
  • gyosagyosa Posts: 242

Tidal HIFI rocks .....

Why buy CD’s ?

Bk

Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50, PS Audio 4.6 , Polk SDA 1c’s , Sony 42” - bedroom

B&K EX-442 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - pool

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Cambridge Audio 851n , Yamaha wxc-50 , Salk Supercharged Songtowers
    Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED , Onkyo TX-RZ610 - den

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - patio
  • ThortonThorton Posts: 1,244
    Added a marine amp to the pontoon. It sounds so much better. Great upgrade.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: W4S MC-5, AMP2: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics