What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,307
    I still stream, utilizing Roon installed on my Synology Nas and using the KEFS as an endpoint. I control roon via the Roon app on my phone. Really cool little integrated streaming setup
    2 Channel - Dual Purpose system in the works

Polk LSIM707 I Polk LSIM 706C I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I B&K Ref 200.7 I Rega P6 w/ Ania MC I Rega Fono MC I Audience Ohno ICs throughout I Streamer and surrounds TBD

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,747
    Wow, very cool!
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,187
    Awesome setup Zach!
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 19,342
    Love Skylan stands...pricey, but worth it.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amplifier: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: PSB Imagine T2
  • verbverb Posts: 9,972
    Willow wrote: »
    I replaced my Rotel transport with my Marantz. The silver face stuck out too much in the sea of black. I ended with cleaner looks and cleaner sound.

Pic's needed! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,516
    edited April 2019
    If you need a new home for the silver Rotel, my Pass Labs stack can keep it company.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 956
    edited April 2019
    stangman67 wrote: »
    I still stream, utilizing Roon installed on my Synology Nas and using the KEFS as an endpoint. I control roon via the Roon app on my phone. Really cool little integrated streaming setup

Your "2 Channel - Major reduction complete" project is impressive. And some other Polkies have benefited.

What is the model of your Synology NAS? And did you move ripped CD's etc to it?
    @BlueBirdMusic

I am using a simple Synology DS218+ with a 4tb wd blue in it as well as an external ssd to house Roon (not necessary but it runs better on a SSD). I do have all of my cds ripped into the nas as well

Polk LSIM707 I Polk LSIM 706C I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I B&K Ref 200.7 I Rega P6 w/ Ania MC I Rega Fono MC I Audience Ohno ICs throughout I Streamer and surrounds TBD

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 14,316
    That's a fine looking little rig you got there, stangman67! Very nice and neat.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

~ The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction ~

~ Not all things that can be measured can be heard and not all things heard can be measured ~

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
    treitz3 wrote: »
    That's a fine looking little rig you got there, stangman67! Very nice and neat.

Tom

Thanks! I am enamored with it. Still miss the big setup from time to time but the pros outweighed the cons on this one

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,516
    Finally got my Bridge connected on my PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, and I am listening to music over CAT5 instead of USB... HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
    Swapped in the VTL to the secondary rig. Getting ready to roll the 12AU7’s from @joecoulson :smile:
    n1fnsjragbe3.jpeg
    cknwd5lkgsnu.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Sweet. Let me know the results Dave.
    Love that rack.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
    So I started out with the Carver TFM35x, wanting to get a baseline, but then thought, let’s swap the McCormack in too! Probably not a fair fight! :smile:as5jgblsa52w.jpeg
    Initial listen. Yep not a fair fight! :smile:
  • Tony MTony M Posts: 8,933
    edited April 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    <drum roll>

Believe it or not...

Finally...

We are...

cliplead free upstairs.

- And there was great rejoicing -

47662491102_d0396b4672_h.jpgDSC_4468 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

47715535421_87a57cacc6_h.jpgDSC_4465 (2) by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

Go out tomorrow morn. and let it be known. You now have the power! It HAS BEEN DONE. ;):p Congrats. :) It looks very clean now.
    https://giphy.com/gifs/hallelujah-CEVvjHH3XszUQ

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Sweet. Let me know the results Dave.
    Love that rack.

Late, couple of Jack & Cokes, but what the heck! Time for tube rolling! Swapped the Mullard 12AU7’s from Joe (originally from Drew) and taking em for a spin! :smile:
    s2eda6bo4hje.jpeg
    Finally hooked these babies up! Groneberg Quatro Reference IC from @VR3 ! Nearfield rig in the office. Marantz HD-CD1 to the analog inputs of the Marantz HD-AMP1. Running em now!

Nice quality cables with very robust locking IC's. Thanks again Trey! :smile:
    qabs0u8f5vyx.jpg
  • indyhawgindyhawg Posts: 1,443
    I played around with both of my setups using the new to me Odyssey Stratos Extreme amp I got from Trey this past week. The past few days have been really busy for me so this afternoon was the first time I got to sit down and get some quality listening time in. I first moved it into the small room and it sounded really nice. I moved it back into the bigger setup where I had it originally. It drives the SDAs with no problems. I am going to keep it with the big system for now.
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,741
    verb wrote: »
    Finally hooked these babies up! Groneberg Quatro Reference IC from @VR3 ! Nearfield rig in the office. Marantz HD-CD1 to the analog inputs of the Marantz HD-AMP1. Running em now!

Nice quality cables with very robust locking IC's. Thanks again Trey! :smile:
    qabs0u8f5vyx.jpg

Very nice!
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
  • VR3VR3 Posts: 23,741
    indyhawg wrote: »
    I played around with both of my setups using the new to me Odyssey Stratos Extreme amp I got from Trey this past week. The past few days have been really busy for me so this afternoon was the first time I got to sit down and get some quality listening time in. I first moved it into the small room and it sounded really nice. I moved it back into the bigger setup where I had it originally. It drives the SDAs with no problems. I am going to keep it with the big system for now.

Awesome!
    - Not Tom

"No, that's silly talk. Dude, you can't possibly be this audio dumb so quit the act." - Doro
    Verdict on the Mullards Dave?
  • simmsimm Posts: 510
    I unhooked my LSiM 705’s and reconnected my Boston VR-M60’s and am enjoying music so much more.
  • HzTweakerHzTweaker Posts: 546
    simm wrote: »
    I unhooked my LSiM 705’s and reconnected my Boston VR-M60’s and am enjoying music so much more.

Interesting, what's the size/dimensions of your listening space @simm ?
    2ch rig:
    Speakers: LSi9s with VR3's Fortress mods
    Preamplifier: Parasound P5
    Amplifier: Vincent SP-331
    CDP: Denon 1520
    Cables: Wireworld Equinox 7 XLR ICs, Wireworld Ultraviolet 7 USB
    Benched: Parasound A23
    edited April 2019
    Got some (qty 8) generic (Nakamichi) speaker connectors with locking bananas today! Great value, decent quality, nice machining, knurled surfaces, gold plated. :smile:
    8inwdz2igff1.jpg
  • simmsimm Posts: 510
    HzTweaker wrote: »
    simm wrote: »

Interesting, what's the size/dimensions of your listening space @simm ?

About 19’ on the long wall and 15’ on the short. Speakers are on the long wall.
    edited April 2019
    deleted
    Post edited by joecoulson on