What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,461
    Clipdat wrote: »

As a side note, only being able to see your parents once a year sucks.

Agreed.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,176
    Agreed.
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ZLTFULZLTFUL Posts: 5,101
    Sorry...didn’t mean to bring everyone down. I will atone with 50 tracks before the 2 channel mast.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • WillowWillow Posts: 9,702
    I replaced my Rotel transport with my Marantz. The silver face stuck out too much in the sea of black. I ended with cleaner looks and cleaner sound.
    2Ch- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung 55JS7000, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium or Neutron App to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

• ClipdatClipdat Posts: 7,200
    What's the second Rega box for?
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,280
    @Clipdat One is the Neo PSU speed control for the P6 and the other is the Fono MC

2 Channel - Major reduction complete

KEF LS50W I Rega P6 w/ Ania MC I Rega Fono MC I Audience Ohno ICs

Did you notice any changes with the aftermarket power cords?
    "Electronic music is human sound adapting to indulge technology, and for some, it feels like the signature sound of energy. New and abstract sounds over hypnotic rhythms can conjure vast soundscapes for escape, pleasure, and transcendence."
    Right off the bat they are warmer. Seemed very dark at first listen but have livened up a bit. I was a bit worried at first but its coming around now. Not much else to write about at the moment. I’m attesting all the change to the power cords as I don’t think the Ethernet interconnect between the speakers is gonna matter much. The one that came with the KEFS seems to be a run of the mill cat6 cable.

Actually bass seems noticeable tighter too. Really getting some impact out of these KEFS now

Is there still a digital/streaming component to this setup, or are you strictly vinyl now?
    I still stream, utilizing Roon installed on my Synology Nas and using the KEFS as an endpoint. I control roon via the Roon app on my phone. Really cool little integrated streaming setup

Wow, very cool!
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,566
    Awesome setup Zach!
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
  • steveinazsteveinaz Posts: 19,054
    Love Skylan stands...pricey, but worth it.
  • verbverb Posts: 7,952
    Willow wrote: »
    I replaced my Rotel transport with my Marantz. The silver face stuck out too much in the sea of black. I ended with cleaner looks and cleaner sound.

Pic's needed! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    edited April 23
    If you need a new home for the silver Rotel, my Pass Labs stack can keep it company.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • BlueBirdMusicBlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 675
    edited April 24
    stangman67 wrote: »
    I still stream, utilizing Roon installed on my Synology Nas and using the KEFS as an endpoint. I control roon via the Roon app on my phone. Really cool little integrated streaming setup

Your "2 Channel - Major reduction complete" project is impressive. And some other Polkies have benefited.

What is the model of your Synology NAS? And did you move ripped CD's etc to it?
    @BlueBirdMusic

I am using a simple Synology DS218+ with a 4tb wd blue in it as well as an external ssd to house Roon (not necessary but it runs better on a SSD). I do have all of my cds ripped into the nas as well

• treitz3treitz3 Posts: 13,101
    That's a fine looking little rig you got there, stangman67! Very nice and neat.

Tom
    In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence.

The best way to enjoy digital music reproduction is to never listen to good analogue reproduction.

~ When the law ends, tyranny begins ~
    treitz3 wrote: »
    That's a fine looking little rig you got there, stangman67! Very nice and neat.

Tom

Thanks! I am enamored with it. Still miss the big setup from time to time but the pros outweighed the cons on this one

Finally got my Bridge connected on my PS Audio Perfectwave DAC, and I am listening to music over CAT5 instead of USB... HUGE IMPROVEMENT!!!

Swapped in the VTL to the secondary rig. Getting ready to roll the 12AU7’s from @joecoulson :smile:
    n1fnsjragbe3.jpeg
    cknwd5lkgsnu.jpeg
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS, Cary SLP-05 Pre, Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable, Marantz SA-14 SACD, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, PASS ACA Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: , Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks, Tisbury Mini Passive Pre, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,566
    Sweet. Let me know the results Dave.
    Love that rack.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61
    So I started out with the Carver TFM35x, wanting to get a baseline, but then thought, let’s swap the McCormack in too! Probably not a fair fight! :smile: as5jgblsa52w.jpeg
    Initial listen. Yep not a fair fight! :smile: