Acculab 550--anyone know about these?

12345679»

Comments

• Markymark
    Markymark Posts: 111
    edited October 2005
    I believe you Markymark. I really do. I promise!

*hugs*
    Thanks, I appreciate the support.
  • michael_w
    michael_w Posts: 2,813
    edited October 2005
    I believe you Markymark. I really do. I promise!

*hugs*
    :rolleyes:
    sarcasm.jpg
  • ducttapeman
    ducttapeman Posts: 9
    edited October 2005
    I can't say that I've ever seen somebody *hug* somebody with sarcasm; maybe it's a Canadian thing. lol
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,497
    edited October 2005
    I'm American...

The hugs was 100% sarcasim...

Hug is usually a sign of support when people are in time of need - hence why I said "Hugs" - he basically was asking for someone to help him so I sent him out a "sarcastic hug"...

Not to mention everything above the hugs is sarcastic.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited October 2005
  • danger boy
    danger boy Posts: 15,722
    edited October 2005
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    You are learning quick young grasshopper, just don't hide the **** in the speakers!

HEY! i resent that comment. :D

oh nevermind.... :p
    PolkFest 2012, who's going>?
    Vancouver, Canada Sept 30th, 2012 - Madonna concert :cheesygrin:
  • Markymark
    edited October 2005
    I like how an audiophile (who actually met me and talked to me) believes what I told him whereas a bunch of opinionated know-it-all's on a forum don't.
  • Tritonman
    Tritonman Posts: 159
    edited October 2005
    jdhdiggs wrote:
    Tritonman, nice setup...

Thanks for the comment. Ive put a ton of work into it..and still going. (it never ends) Will be updating pics soon.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,313
    edited October 2005
    7 feet and still digging.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Markymark
    edited October 2005
    yes... the guy at the audio store here in town wanting my resume equates me digging deeper. Nice logic. He wants to fill a full-time position but I can't fulfill that with my school schedule so we'll see how it goes.

*sigh* I guess you all were right, I suppose I really don't know anything.

OK, enough wasting time. I gotta go back to ATHF.
  • Airplay355
    Airplay355 Posts: 4,298
    edited October 2005
    A new guy in town walks into a bar and notices a very large jar behind the bar. It's filled to the brim with ten dollar bills. The man guesses there must be thousands of dollars there.

He approaches the bartender and asks him, "What's up with the jar?" The bartender tells him, "Well, you pay ten dollars and if you pass three tests then you get all of the money."

"What are the three tests?"

"Pay first. Those are the rules."

So the guy gives him the ten bucks and the bartender adds it to the jar with the other bills.

Bartender: "OK, here's what you have to do.... First you have to drink that whole gallon of pepper tequila, the WHOLE thing at once AND, you can't make a face while doing it.

Second, there's a pit bull chained up out back with a sore tooth...you have to remove it with your bare hands.

Third, there's a 90 year old woman upstairs who's never had an **** in her life. You gotta make things right for her."

The man responds, "Well, I know I've paid my ten bucks but I'm not an idiot, I can't do all that... it's impossible!

"Well, you asked, and I told you... those are the rules, and your money stays in the jar."

Well, as time goes on and the man drinks a few, he asks, "Wherez zat teeqeelah?" He grabs the gallon of tequila with both hands, and downs it with a big slurp.

Tears are streaming down his cheeks but he does not make a face.

Next he staggers out back and soon all the people inside hear a huge scuffle going on. They hear barking, screams, yelps and growling, and eventually silence.

Just when they think the man must surely be dead, he staggers back into the bar, with his shirt ripped to shreds and big scratches all over his body.

"Now," he says, "where's that woman with the sore tooth?"
  • Dennis Gardner
    Dennis Gardner Posts: 4,861
    edited October 2005
    Mark: Excuse me Mr Paradigm salesman, I've got these old speakers with blown mids and holes in the drivers that compete with anything you've got for sale in here, I swear.........

Paradigm salesman: Sure you do kid.........................and I bet you would like to work here too........ :rolleyes:

Mark: (Turns to Kent) See, I told you so..............those Polk guys don't know **** and I bet I can work my way up to manager here in a couple of weeks.................
    HT Optoma HD25 LV on 80" DIY Screen, Anthem MRX 300 Receiver, Pioneer Elite BDP 51FD Polk CS350LS, Polk SDA1C, Polk FX300, Polk RT55, Dual EBS Adire Shiva 320watt tuned to 17hz, ICs-DIY Twisted Prs, Speaker-Raymond Cable

2 Channel Thorens TD 318 Grado ZF1, SACD/CD Marantz 8260, Soundstream/Krell DAC1, Audio Mirror PP1, Odyssey Stratos, ADS L-1290, ICs-DIY Twisted , Speaker-Raymond Cable
  • RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2005
    MM, you dumbass.

Is this 'end of days' for CP? Did we blow our collective wad in Maryland?

Stay tuned. I (and others) have MAJOR tired head - change is coming.

Cheers,
    Russ
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited October 2005
    Does this mean it is finaly over, finished, done, gone, out?!?!!!!!!!!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • F1nut
    edited October 2005
    Markymark wrote:
    I went to D&M sound, found some speakers that I really like: Paradigm Monitor 5's. After a long time of listening, comparing, and talking to the guys there. I realized, "hey, my speakers are actually very accurate."

And then the unthinkable happend. They want me to bring by a resume. Aparently I don't know anything...
    I asked the guy what he thought of my speakers, he then asked me how I thought they sounded and then he told me: "I believe you."

Wow, never got that from any of you.

Oh boy, I missed this one. Everybody got their hip waders on??? Apparently the unthinkable has happened and the world as we know it will never be the same.

BTW, what was the guys name?

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• RuSsMaN
    RuSsMaN Posts: 17,987
    edited October 2005
    **** Baggy Bag
    Check your lips at the door woman. Shake your hips like battleships. Yeah, all the white girls trip when I sing at Sunday service.
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    edited October 2005
    no, no, no, Jesse please don't ask (him) any questions......just let it/him/it die!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Markymark
    edited October 2005
    RuSsMaN wrote:
    Did we blow our collective wad in Maryland?
    who lives in Maryland?
    RusSMaN wrote:
    MM, you dumbass.
    MORE name calling? How mature.
    F1nut wrote:
    BTW, what was the guys name?
    irrelevant. I have his card right here but I'm not giving his name because I don't want you harassing him. You are aparently pretty good with harassing. I'll gladly scan his card but blur his name.
    This is "unthinkable" because you all seem to think that I'm "a idiot"; therefore, me being asked for a resume by a sound store is unthinkable.
  • Markymark
    edited October 2005
    I like how the maturity level on your end of the internet is plumeting. I'm keeping things civil while some of you are choosing to throw insults.
  • gidrah
    gidrah Posts: 3,049
    edited October 2005
    That was great Airplay!
    Make it Funky! :)
  • F1nut
    edited October 2005
    Here's the store info for S&G.

D & M Sound/Johnston Audio
    201 S 8th St
    Columbia, MO 65201-4868
    Phone: (573) 449-3933

President of Club Polk

• VR3
    VR3 Posts: 28,497
    edited October 2005
    My friend who washed a car recently covered his car and my friends with water spots was hired for a car detailing job at a local dealer.

I've detailed cars for the past 3-4 years - totaling in over 50 detailings on several cars. Never had any problems and get better with time.

Get my point?

Thought so.
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • -justin-
    -justin- Posts: 891
    edited October 2005
    "Time... to diiiie"

~JB
This discussion has been closed.