What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    verb wrote: »
    Willow wrote: »
    I did it again, I pulled them away from the back wall. I do this every once in a while so that my wife doesn't notice.

Lol! The Mrs hasn't really noticed I have 2 Mc300's in the basement! Shhhh! :)

One day she'll ask you, "Is that amplifier with the big blue meters multiplying?" :o

Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I am finally setting up my shop rig, ordered a pair of Elac Debut B5.2's to go with my vintage Pioneer SX-780. Speakers should be here Wednesday. I'll post some pics when it's connected up.

Will be interesting to see what you think of them (with that ol' STK-module-era Pioneer or other drivin' power). Also I will be interested to know what you put 'em on and how you have them arranged in the listening space.

I've been listening to the 6.2s for quite a while, on and off, and I am still on the fence about them.
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    What speakers? Appears to be an open baffle design.

Those are Quad 2905 electrostatic speakers.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    Tony M wrote: »
    It took my wife a year+ to notice my "new to me" huge Golden Ear Triton Ones.

BUT SHE DID FINALLY NOTICE THEM. ;):D

Yet you still haven't noticed she one upped you and bought 3 of something for your 1 ;)
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,482
    Those Quads look great. End game speakers for people who listen at sane volume levels.
  • 55LS70
    55LS70 Posts: 184
    tonyb wrote: »
    55LS70 wrote: »
    Just hooked up my new Decware CSP3 preamp and breaking it in.5dfvnb3ciuzx.jpg

You got some nice gear on that rack bro, congrats.

Thanks Tony, I appreciate that. I got about 20 hours on the preamp and it seems to be breaking in nicely.
    Decware CSP3 Preamp, RCA 6DJ8, 2 X Rocket 6N1P-EV's, Cary SLA70B Signature V2 Amplifier: 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA/GE 5691's, 4 X Tung-Sol 6550's

Cambridge Audio 640C V2 CD Player & Dacmagic DAC

Rega Planar 3: Deep Groove Subplatter, P3 Motor
    upgrade, Dynavector 10x5, JA Michell counterwieght, Cardas tonearm wiring and Mapleshade stand

Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid Phonostage with BEL 6922 tubes, Polk Audio LS70's

H.H. Scott 330D AM/FM Tuner with H.H. Scott 335 Multiplex adaptor.
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    edited November 2019
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    steveinaz wrote: »
    I am finally setting up my shop rig, ordered a pair of Elac Debut B5.2's to go with my vintage Pioneer SX-780. Speakers should be here Wednesday. I'll post some pics when it's connected up.

Will be interesting to see what you think of them (with that ol' STK-module-era Pioneer or other drivin' power). Also I will be interested to know what you put 'em on and how you have them arranged in the listening space.

I've been listening to the 6.2s for quite a while, on and off, and I am still on the fence about them.

Placement won’t be optimal. They’re actually going on top of my gun safe, on either side of the receiver. I may wall mount them later, to spread them out a bit. I had the sx-780 in a Huge shop before driving some Energy C-9 towers, and it impressed.j
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,521
    Yep I still have 4 of those.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • mhardy6647
    us, too. :p
    Wedding present, if memory serves.
    Very '80s -- the ones we have.
    I mean, I grew up with the early 60s style TV tables (all metal, aluminum, perhaps) -- just made to be graced with a Swanson TV Dinner. :|

OK, I'll stop now.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,524
    Very nice, Mike. Looking forward to your thoughts on it after you've spent some more time with it.

What digital sources will you be feeding it?
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    In an attempt to up my Digital Game, I rolled in a Lampizator Amber 3 DAC this morning. Right outta the box, this thing is going to far exceed my expectations.

ore4nyremvzj.jpg

Lookin' good, Mike!
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    In an attempt to up my Digital Game, I rolled in a Lampizator Amber 3 DAC this morning. Right outta the box, this thing is going to far exceed my expectations.

ore4nyremvzj.jpg

Very nice pick-up. What did you have before that?
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Very nice, Mike. Looking forward to your thoughts on it after you've spent some more time with it.

What digital sources will you be feeding it?

Drew, at present all I really have an OPPO 203 feeding it via Dig RCA Coax. The DAC has a USB Input that offers the best resolution, so I'll be looking for a Streamer with USB Output one day. No current laptops to hookup, although I can play some files via the OPPO.

Thorton wrote: »

ore4nyremvzj.jpg

Very nice pick-up. What did you have before that?

Former DAC was a PS Audio NuWave DSD, a good little DAC but I wanted something with some tubes in it ;)

• Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,119
    edited November 2019
    I substituted an iPurifier 3 for an older iPurifier 1, plugged into the USB input of my iFi nano idsd DAC and oh what an incredible difference. Everything is so much clearer and more musical, but the most obvious was the clarity of vocals and the smoothness and extended decay of instruments. Didn't get rid of my packet noise (small peaks at 8kHz and 16kHz), and I'm beginning to wonder if they are being generated in the DAC itself. I'm pretty pleased especially since iFi sent me this, along with an iSilencer for free, in response to a support ticket I opened with them. Here's what the packet noise looks like, and it is definitely worse when the browser has lots of tabs open and my Lenovo Y900 desktop is busy doing lots of things (see attachment). I haven't done a test yet with the iPurifier 3, but I can still hear it. If it's better though then maybe it isn't all coming from within the DAC. We'll see.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,119
    edited November 2019
    Packet noise probably isn't any better with the iPurifier 3, although I believe the other noise is a bit lower, compared to the iPurifier 1. The sound quality is so much better I'm still pretty happy with this change! See attachments.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    edited November 2019

You upped your digital game all right! Nice score . . . and ditto what Skip said
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616

ore4nyremvzj.jpg

Where's the WOW button?!?
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    @mhardy6647 check out Skylan stands. You can mass load the vertical square part with whatever you want.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Mike Reeter
    halo wrote: »

ore4nyremvzj.jpg

Where's the WOW button?!?

It's the O in Lampizator :D

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Mike - your setup is so clean
    I love it.

Can you show us the whole front view - I love the acoustic treatments and how you have decorated. Kudos!
  • Nightfall
    Great looking room. Man I can't wait to live by myself again. Or at least with cleaner room mates.

• mhardy6647
    Today, I unhooked the dump find hifi I've been listenin' to lately & brought the big-boy person hifi back on line.
  • Nightfall
    What was missing from the PSAudio for you?

• Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 857
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Mike - your setup is so clean
    I love it.

Can you show us the whole front view - I love the acoustic treatments and how you have decorated. Kudos!

Thank you, I spend a lot of time there. The pic is pretty much from the Sweet Spot.

08qbqqffqdp8.jpg

This really is one of my favorite setups on this site. Mike, I hope you don’t get mad when I finish my basement and post pics of my new listening room and it just happens to look just like yours lol.
  • Mike Reeter
    edited November 2019

No worries, what is it they say? "Imitation is the Sincerest Form of Flattery" :)

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    I agree. Mike the decorations are as bad azz as the equipment. Fantastic job.
    I would come hang out there if we were pals.