What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Viking64 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    I'm such a newbie! :)

You need to forget about tubes and focus more on tube socks.

Here....I found these for you. A perfect fit. :p

a4bul8mvue0l.jpg

Yours? :)
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    This thread is entitled “What did you do to your stereo rig today”, not “what did you do with your vacuum tubes today.”

Please keep this thread on topic and start a new one if you must....

MODERATED :p:p:p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    This thread is entitled “What did you do to your stereo rig today”, not “what did you do with your vacuum tubes today.”

Please keep this thread on topic and start a new one if you must....

MODERATED :p:p:p

practicing already for when those three gang up on you I see....

• sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    Listened to it! The new dac is quite something. The couple things that stand out to me so far are the amount of detail and the background of the music being played. I played studio recordings and live performances. The studio pieces were detailed and placement of the instruments and vocals were almost to the point of reach out and touch them. The background was, as I read in a review, pretty much like the reviewer commented, black velvet. Live recordings really gave an impression of the size of the venue. I could tell that the recording was made in a stadium or a small club. I never had any of that detail prior, you could tell that the recording was made in a stadium but it was just kind of noise. This was some background noise but more of what it sounds like to be near the stage. Wonder what it will sound like when it gets some hours on it.
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Since the baby is coming in a couple of months I am giving up the music room. I made a smaller system in the bedroom to enjoy for the time being. It consists of Advent 25th anniversary speakers (NLA Reissue), the Technics SA-5170 I won in a Karma from our own favorite Doc.

Sounds pretty nice. Have to figure out how I am going to keep the turntable in the system though. That's gonna be hard.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited October 2019
    Maybe a wall mounted shelf? Plus your Marvin Gaye record won't skip if things are a rockin'. ;)

PRWM1_lifeN1.jpg
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    Nightfall wrote: »
    Maybe a wall mounted shelf? Plus your Marvin Gaye record won't skip if things are a rockin'. ;)

PRWM1_lifeN1.jpg

That would depend on how close the headboard is to the wall...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    sbb2112 wrote: »
    Listened to it! The new dac is quite something. The couple things that stand out to me so far are the amount of detail and the background of the music being played. I played studio recordings and live performances. The studio pieces were detailed and placement of the instruments and vocals were almost to the point of reach out and touch them. The background was, as I read in a review, pretty much like the reviewer commented, black velvet. Live recordings really gave an impression of the size of the venue. I could tell that the recording was made in a stadium or a small club. I never had any of that detail prior, you could tell that the recording was made in a stadium but it was just kind of noise. This was some background noise but more of what it sounds like to be near the stage. Wonder what it will sound like when it gets some hours on it.

Ok. How about what did you do to your stereo today in one short paragraph or less...
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Yes. All he needed was the first sentence. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    It made that much of a difference. Just excited about it
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    Ever see one of these? :#

l7koijh20yqe.jpg

It's an analog NTSC TV!
    It's an oscilloscope (sort of)!
    It's cool!
    It's useless!

B)

(N.B. the decidedly non-optimal position of the 'component TV' atop the dump find Yamaha Rx was strictly temporary -- for testing purposes only)

• joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Its is so wonderfully useless but very cool
  • mhardy6647
    edited October 2019
    an actual oscilloscope is at least as cool and also potentially considerably less useless, too ;)

26962367976_f8790befa6_b.jpgDSC_3437 by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

The person I got that little MCS (JC Penney) monitor from had actually acquired it for a good reason. He was using some sort of multiformat disc player that required reading onscreen menus to set certain operating modes/parameters. Not being a TV guy, he decided to go this route instead. :)
  • BlueFox
    Turned it on to warm up for Tuesday night Metal.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • I made a port muffler out of some rolled up 3/4" strips of ScotchBrite pads and inserted them into the ports, with a marked improvement in the bass.
    I also backed my KEFs up closer to the wall and spread them out as far as I could without obstructing the closet door.
    This seemed to make the speakers "disappear" into the soundstage.
    I also moved the sub foward a few inches.
    All in all, I'm quite happy with the outcome.
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    I fired mine up,and plopped my a$$ in my chair.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Left it alone to rest while we ride ROLLERCOASTERS!!
  • Waited for my 703's to turn into L200's
    Still waiting
    Primaluna Dialogue Premium Tube Amp
    Polk Audio LSiM705
    Marantz 6006 cdp... 500gb flash drive
    Audiolab m-dac
    Analysis Plus Oval 9 Speaker Cable
    Analysis Plus Oval One I/C's
  • BlueFox
    Certainly looks nice. Good job.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    I always knew you had a tender side. Trying to fool us with that motorcycle?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • Thanks I just love simple integrated amps in plain black boxes with knobs.

Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • jeremymarcinko
    jeremymarcinko Posts: 3,785
    edited October 2019
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I always knew you had a tender side. Trying to fool us with that motorcycle?

I do indeed.

Isn’t that funny; two white people on the cover of a Ray Charles album. It’s a good one though.
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • BlueFox
    edited October 2019
    Isn’t Ray Charles blind? :)

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFox wrote: »
    Isn’t Ray Charles blind? :)

Ha!
  • nooshinjohn
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Wasn’t Ray Charles blind? :)

Past tense would be correct grammar in this case as he died a long time ago now. I am certain he can see quite clearly now.

• mhardy6647
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Wasn’t Ray Charles blind? :)

Past tense would be correct grammar in this case as he died a long time ago now. I am certain he can see quite clearly now.

Joan Osborne had a dream about that, you know?

https://youtu.be/aCfmM9HZfVY

Great hifi workout, too, is this track :)

• TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    I placed the Nola Boxer 2's back in the system.
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,469
    Decided to wash the blanket that I have draped over the coffee table between my listening sofa and speakers. Better without the blanket as it lifted a veil. Then I decided to remove the coffee table; even better. So from now on I will move the coffee table during critical listening.
    It seems that I should have tried this earlier as it has been recommended in this forum at least a hundred times before. :p
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • 0c1y54s9ckgf.jpgi942k9yak910.jpg

SDA SRS 1.2TL's
    SDA 1C's w/Clarity Cap ESA; PA, Mills, RD0194-1's
    SDA 2B TL's w/RD0198-1's
    Yaqin MC-30L integrated tube amp
    Yaqin MS-20L integrated tube amp