What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• agfrost
    agfrost Posts: 2,421
    sbb2112 wrote: »
    Ordered one of these guys.Rythmik F15xz8242w0rmrx.jpg

I think you'll be happy with your new Rythmik. I have a pair of F8's and I couldn't be more pleased with their tone.

I've got a single F8 and fantasize about adding a 2nd...
    Jay
    SDA 2BTL * Musical Fidelity A5cr amp * Oppo BDP-93 * Modded Adcom GDA-600 DAC * Rythmik F8 (x2)
    Micro Seiki DQ-50 * Hagerman Cornet 2 Phono * A hodgepodge of cabling * Belkin PF60
    Preamp rotation: Krell KSL (SCompRacer recapped) * Manley Shrimp * PS Audio 5.0
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    I have 2 F-25's flanking my mains and I am done. I will never need more bass or more accurate bass. I'm simply done.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    steveinaz wrote: »
    Received the new Benchmark DAC2 DX. It came with the new slimmer remote---very nice. Got the XLR output pads set (10db option) to match my Parasound A21 input sensitivity, for maximum SNR. Love it. Dead quiet. The volume control is more predictable and sensitive, and led's flash as you adjust gain; this is different from the DAC2L.

Did I miss it or have you posted some pics? :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    agfrost wrote: »
    sbb2112 wrote: »
    Ordered one of these guys.Rythmik F15xz8242w0rmrx.jpg

I think you'll be happy with your new Rythmik. I have a pair of F8's and I couldn't be more pleased with their tone.

I've got a single F8 and fantasize about adding a 2nd...

Only one way to turn a Fantasy into a Reality, as far as Subwoofers go anyway :D

• Officially got the SDAs put away. Took out the drivers, loctite around the magnet, sealed em back up and stored them away for what will most likely be a couple of years. :(

I am still rocking out to these Advents though so at least I have something.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    treitz3 wrote: »
    I have 2 F-25's flanking my mains and I am done. I will never need more bass or more accurate bass. I'm simply done.

Tom

I spent a couple hours listening last night and realized what a difference it makes. I put the PSW650 back in to listen to a couple of the same selections. Silly me..
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    Officially got the SDAs put away, stored them away for what will most likely be a couple of years. :(

How come?
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    New Baby coming listening now bedroom IIRC.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    Andy at VTS sent these this week . . . Roll’n all Raytheon into the Cary

iv3lhamnf6xc.jpeg
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • pitdogg2 wrote: »
    New Baby coming listening now bedroom IIRC.

Yup
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    Came back from Cabo to one of my amps acting up so pulled them out and dropped them off with Rolland at Hi-Tech Audio for a refresh. Now I have to wait... So I currently don't have an amp or pre or money.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,937
    You positioned those JBL alot differently than I would have... interesting, why did you do bass drivers on the inside?
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Hmm, yeah I would have put the mid/tweet on the inside
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • VR3
    Right, I've never experimented with speakers with that baffle layout but that's how I always figured I would place them
  • VR3
    The stereo is sounding exceptional tonight, must be the moon is at the right height and the the cosmos are aligned or something
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    VR3 wrote: »
    The stereo is sounding exceptional tonight, must be the moon is at the right height and the the cosmos are aligned or something

I agree that must be it because mine is just exceptional tonight. These 2.3tl's, Aragon amp and Adcom 565 just keep getting better it seems.
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    edited November 2019
    Well, shoot. Guess I better listen to at least one album before I put on Simpsons and go to bed. Hopefully the moon is the right height from CO too.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    That's no moon... That's Russ' pasty azz planted against your windows.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    DSkip wrote: »
    I set up a system in my living room again. These new Rosso Fiorentino Elba are something special. It’s been a while since a four figure tower really moved me and these definitely move me.

Me too. The originals were good but nothing that ever wowed me.

The second gen Elbas though are amazingly good. I even caught myself enjoying them more than the (GASP) Siennas. I guess it is because they are far more attainable for a mere mortal like me.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,034
    Yesterday I was finally able to sit down and listen to my 1.2tl's for the first time in over a month. It was an OMG moment and for most of the evening as well to hear the expansive and detailed sda soundstage once again. My ears were accustomed to hearing standard stereo speakers (khorns and ADS 1530's) which are great performers.....except when compared to the 1.2tls.
  • I know what you mean. Those OMG moments are very surprising and wonderful.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,080
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    These new Rosso Fiorentino Elba are something special.
    the originals were good but nothing that ever wowed me.
    The second gen Elbas though are amazingly good. I even caught myself enjoying them more than the (GASP) Siennas. I guess it is because they are far more attainable for a mere mortal like me.

things that make you go, uhmmm??
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    edited November 2019
    I am not saying they are better. Just more realistic from an attainability perspective.
    The Siennas are still my ultimate goal but if I can’t have them due to financial constraints then the Elba is a nice compromise that won’t lead to a divorce hearing.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • VR3
    In a decade I'm sure you can find them for around 4 to 5k no problem
  • audioluvr
    While my mono's are in for a refresh I was given a Hafler 500 "loaner" Auditioning shows good depth in the soundstage but a complete collapse of the SDA effect I became accustomed to with the B&K's. Bass is greatly diminished. Mids and highs are good almost too crisp to the point of fatiguing but I need to listen some more. I REALLY need to find me a good pre but things are kinda tight right now.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    I bought myself a Christmas present (with Mrs. H's foreknowledge and - at least tacit - approval). Further details as events warrant.

Well... I thought it was a cool thing, and unusually so. :)

• audioluvr
    Threw in an old Carver 900 Receiver between my CA 851N and the loaner Hafler 500 I'm forced to use while my monos are getting a tuneup. I hate to say it but I actually like this WAY better than using the pre in the 851. The Hafler has so little bass compared to what I'm used to that I added the receiver just so I can use the loudness button feature. It also helped knock down some of the harshness that was killing me with the 500/851N combo. Bonus is the SDA effect is working again.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC

• I've been having trouble with my newly acquired SDA SRS3.2TLs in that there were very few songs that gave me the SDA Effect. Some suggested it was that my Pioneer 100wt receiver didn't have enough current to drive them. Well, I bought myself an early XMAS/Hanukkah present... Amazon had a Monolith USB DAC on sale for $52. WOW! The imaging and overall sound have improved dramatically. Like removing a veil. Very happy... Just wish i did it years ago. Listening to flac rips of some regular cds, MFSL cds, and some 96/24 downloads. Just amazing! Anyone else have similar results with a DAC? Was looking at the dragonfly when I saw this on sale... even cheaper now on Amazon. ELP, Joe Satriani, Jeff Beck, SRV, Eagles, Steely Dan just sound amazing. Like a whole new system!