MagniFi Max SR - Surrounds Popping (despite software updates)

12346»

Comments

• Mikey87Mikey87 Posts: 19
    Wow, that would be amazing news! How about the crackling in the subwoofer??????? And is the firmware update in a specially country first, or worldwide?
  • Polk is aiming for Thursday, the 14th, next week. It will most likely be v112.

I confirm, mail today from the the customer support manager :

Hello,

There will be a new firmware version available later this week that will address these issues.

The firmware version is 112.

Thanks,

Kim
    This night the bar got the update to v112. I can confirm; the popping sounds from the sub are GONE! Good news. What was the reason behind the popping sounds? What was the reason?
  • LeeSoFLLeeSoFL Posts: 81
    Any reason to worry if you're happy with the prior version?
  • LeeSoFL wrote: »
    Any reason to worry if you're happy with the prior version?

“Happy” or “happier”?
  • BagiBagi Posts: 7
    Mikey87 wrote: »
    This night the bar got the update to v112. I can confirm; the popping sounds from the sub are GONE! Good news. What was the reason behind the popping sounds? What was the reason?

I have the same positiv effect. The first short test was successfull. No popping sound from the sub and rears.
    Bagi wrote: »
    Mikey87 wrote: »

I have the same positiv effect. The first short test was successfull. No popping sound from the sub and rears.

Hope your build in Chromecast will work further, mine is dead now. I dont' know if it is a combination with the new FW or not, but i have to replace my bar. :-(
    I was one of the two or three original beta testers on the Max SR, since its release in December 2017. It was a tooth-pull for months, with some updates helping, and others making it worse. Once the patch worked for this small group, it was sent out to owners.

I see my v112 was received overnight. I'll give it a try tonight.rzp7xmuetjhg.png
  • kiminkimin Posts: 9
    Finally, v112 and no pops or cracks from the sub anymore :)
  • EclizEcliz Posts: 26
    Tested all weekend. I confirm, the crackles and popping are gone completely.
  • How do you do the update? If it’s automatic mine is still popping. I’m in the UK.
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,835
    edited February 18
    Hello,
    I'll ask for you.
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
  • KennethSwaugerKennethSwauger Moderator Posts: 6,835
    Hello,
    If you are connected to the Internet, you should be able to see the system in the Google home app.

Please give me your MAC ID number found on the rear of the bar. You could send it to me in a PM or post it here.
    "They thought we were too loud, but shoot, I had four army blankets folded over my amp, and the volume level was on 2. I'm used to playin' on 10!" S.R.V.
  • I also have had no issues with 112 so far
    The latest update seems to be working fine.
  • Hello,
    If you are connected to the Internet, you should be able to see the system in the Google home app.

Please give me your MAC ID number found on the rear of the bar. You could send it to me in a PM or post it here.

Managed to update and seems okay so far. Fingers crossed it stays this way.
12346»