MagniFi Max SR - Surrounds Popping (despite software updates)

1234568»

Comments

• EclizEcliz Posts: 35
    edited June 30
    Damian91, its a hardware issue which Polk is trying to fix by software.
    After 115 firmware the sound of my soundbar got a lot better.
    BUT !! Sometimes I still heard some crackles.
    The solution of all my problems: I just took the old Wi-Fi antenna and soldered it directly to the antenna on the signal reception board (rear speakers).
    2 months of testing. Result - any pops or crackles.
    zlr9les4s6r2.jpg
  • nalya07nalya07 Posts: 4
    Ecliz wrote: »
    Damian91, its a hardware issue which Polk is trying to fix by software.
    After 115 firmware the sound of my soundbar got a lot better.
    BUT !! Sometimes I still heard some crackles.
    The solution of all my problems: I just took the old Wi-Fi antenna and soldered it directly to the antenna on the signal reception board (rear speakers).
    2 months of testing. Result - any pops or crackles.
    zlr9les4s6r2.jpg

version 115 is installed. very strong noises and cracking. does it really work if you solder a new antenna? do you have a photo with a soldered antenna that I can show and explain to the master?
  • LeeSoFLLeeSoFL Posts: 102
    Although the snaps and crackles have been gone for a couple of years, I do notice the main bar has a gurgle sound when there's music in a movie. I thought it might be the Vudu or Netflix service, but I tried the same scene on another TV with a Sony soundbar and it was fine. Anyone else hearing the gurgle?
    nalya07 wrote: »
    do you have a photo with a soldered antenna that I can show and explain to the master?
    I do not have a photo, but it is very simple. I soldered the central wire of the antenna to one “horn”, the braid to another.
    Soon I will be repeating with another speaker. I will take a photo for you.
  • Just bought the mag max system last week and I am also experiencing the random crackling in the rear surrounds. I have update 115 currently installed. What's going on here? Is there going to be a solution. I'm not prepared to solder anything on a brand new product that I have just purchased. Pretty annoyed to be honest.
  • edited July 14
    LeeSoFL wrote: »
    Although the snaps and crackles have been gone for a couple of years, I do notice the main bar has a gurgle sound when there's music in a movie. I thought it might be the Vudu or Netflix service, but I tried the same scene on another TV with a Sony soundbar and it was fine. Anyone else hearing the gurgle?

I've heard that periodically aswell. Here I was thinking that Polk was a quality product. I used to have car audio from Polk worth thousands. It appears there quality of workmanship has taken a dramatic dive for the worse. I am baffled that these units have these issues. I'm starting to regret my purchase. It's a shame as the overall sound is as amazing for a soundbar, sub and surround speaker set up. Am I missing something? What is the solution ?
  • chsasha90 wrote: »
    I have 115 and both surrounds have these disgusting sounds. WHO know When we can expect next firmware from Polk? Do they aware that 115 doesnt work? Or maybe they think that everything is OK with 115?!
    I really dont understand that Polk cannot fix it for already 2 years! It is f*cking crazy!!!

Yeah man. I have no idea what the hell is going on here. Polk need to remedy this NOW
    kevtheboilermaker
    Bro, sit down and relax. Polk will not release a new firmware. They tried to fix the bug by releasing a new firmware - they succeeded, but not perfectly. That's all.
    You have two options:
    1) return the soundbar to the store and buy something else
    2) buy 2 wifi antennas and solder them to the boards
  • papapau22papapau22 Posts: 2
    Hey guys.

Im a newbie here. Aside from the occasional sound pops, Just wondering if you have issues with respect to connecting to 5GHz wifi.. Not sure but ive done a couple of resets but my signifi max sr cant detect the 5Ghz band.. any ideas? if its worth noting - I live in Philippines btw.

Thanks!
    Guys, I was wrong. Polk has released a new firmware v132. An update came tonight. I don’t know what they fixed, but I hope it will put an end to the problems.
  • Ecliz wrote: »
    Guys, I was wrong. Polk has released a new firmware v132. An update came tonight. I don’t know what they fixed, but I hope it will put an end to the problems.

How to update?
    I dont know. My device has updated itself.
    But this thread has instructions on how to manually update.
    I dont know. My device has updated itself.
    But this thread has instructions on how to manually update.

Have you updated? What changes? Has the problem been solved? Or have you already solved your problems with new antennas?
  • LeeSoFLLeeSoFL Posts: 102
    I see I'm now on 132 also. If you're connected by ethernet, the Polk will update automatically. If you're on Wi-Fi, you need to get the Google Home app. It will search for the device, couple of quick settings and then will update.
    Have you updated? What changes? Has the problem been solved? Or have you already solved your problems with new antennas?
    Yes, last version is 132. I don't see any changes.
    Additional antennas have already solved my problems. Very rarely, there may be clicks or crackles at the beginning of a movie. Solved by rebooting the soundbar.
    Yes, last version is 132. I don't see any changes.
    Additional antennas have already solved my problems. Very rarely, there may be clicks or crackles at the beginning of a movie. Solved by rebooting the soundbar.

updated, no changes, still clicks. I'll make antennas like yours