Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    Options
    ^^^^ !!! I actually have one in my hall closet. My father's uncle gave it to him. From the Omaha stockyards. I don't dare show a photo of it here. My mother hated the thing!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,104
    Options
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    edited June 2023
    Options
    @OleBoot, That was a good lead in to a restaurant where you can eat Rocky Mountain Oysters.

5jw68u340aqa.png
    If I am in Denver, I go to the BUCKHORN EXCHANGE. I have posted about it previously, and I hope my posting encourages you to visit this place for the first time. I did not find this place on my own, but was introduced to it by some wonderful people in Denver who wished to share it. Truly amazing that this place remains the same. Glance at the history section below and look at the names of the people who have been associated with this extraordinary place throughout its history.

My favorite history item mentioned is a historic moment and most incredible scene recorded in 1938 when Sitting Bull's nephew, Chief Red Cloud, and a delegation of 30 Sioux Blackfeet Indians rode slowly down Osage Street in full battle regalia, and ceremoniously turned over to "Shorty Scout" Zietz the military saber taken from the vanquished General George Custer in the Battle of the Little Big Horn. The sword remains in the Zietz family today.

_______________________________________________________________________________

2lp3rw3044am.png
    kg95idhqacr3.png
    e3irdeae2idx.png
    ipc17v0ebjbo.png
    9qqo5x4j39u0.png

67885wg57spi.png
    p1qx14r30fcb.png
    88vg31gdu0sj.png

pfugy1c8mvar.png
    kc4hm915s5p9.png
    rns6zi6q29nv.png

https://buckhorn.getbento.com/about/
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,608
    Options
    Great looking menu, and nice post. Thanks for sharing this.
  • Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    As seen on hifihaven (for sale, and gone in a - excuse the term - flash)...

ik7z351abi8t.png

:o

a lovely pair of 90 year old Cunningham (RCA) single-plate direct-heat 2A3 power triodes.
    https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/1933-rca-2a3.10440/

Do you know how much they sold for?

Tube prices have gone up quite a bit and glad I got my stash when I did.

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,053
    Options
    Keiko wrote: »
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    As seen on hifihaven (for sale, and gone in a - excuse the term - flash)...

ik7z351abi8t.png

:o

a lovely pair of 90 year old Cunningham (RCA) single-plate direct-heat 2A3 power triodes.
    https://hifihaven.org/index.php?threads/1933-rca-2a3.10440/

Do you know how much they sold for?

Tube prices have gone up quite a bit and glad I got my stash when I did.

I know what the asking price was -- didn't seem outrageous to me (although more than I'd pay for a pair of 2A3s that I'd be too afraid to use) ;)
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,588
    Options
    Why would you be afraid to use them?
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Why would you be afraid to use them?

If anything goes wrong -- or, you know, I drop one taking it out of the box... :#

meanwhile, elsewhere on the wide world of web* ...

lus7kwa7dwo0.png

• mhardy6647
    Options
    52975199469_c808797eec_b.jpg

Bobolink in the backyard today. Two of them (both males) flew out of the back (south) field to that little tree (a nasty but well-placed invasive* that we have let grow because it is well placed for bird cover). Lost track of one of them, but the other one stopped right up on top.
    Closest I've ever seen a bobolink to the house in the nearly a decade (next month!?!) we've been here.

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I didn't know they existed. :o

Your yard is the exact habitat they desire!

The female is sooo common looking, she could be mistaken for a regular finch.

That male...what a head show. :o
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,604
    Options
    dqhfqc8la6iu.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • vmaxer
    vmaxer Posts: 5,116
    Options
    botx4u3rathp.jpeg
    Pio Elete Pro 520
    Panamax 5400-EX
    Sunfire TGP 5
    Micro Seiki DD-40 - Lyra-Dorian and Denon DL-160
    PS Audio GCPH phono pre
    Sunfire CG 200 X 5
    Sunfire CG Sig 405 X 5
    OPPO BDP-83 SE
    SDA SRS 1.2TL Sonicaps and Mills
    Ctr CS1000p
    Sur - FX1000 x 4
    SUB - SVS PB2-Plus

Workkout room:
    Sony Bravia XBR- 32-Inch 1080p
    Onkyo TX-DS898
    GFA 555
    Yamaha DVD-S1800BL/SACD
    Ft - SDA 1C

Not being used:
    RTi 38's -4
    RT55i's - 2
    RT25i's -2, using other 2 in shop
    LSI 15's
    CSi40
    PSW 404
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    vmaxer wrote: »
    botx4u3rathp.jpeg

But are they fresh?
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    botx4u3rathp.jpeg

But are they fresh?

Dunno but it's hard to miss that Edsel corpse behind the hearse. :|

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,082
    Options
    botx4u3rathp.jpeg

Are these the ones being sold?
    6ta898l1ks40.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    Options
    ^^^ eww.
    I do hope that's the college in Cambridge, and not the nice little town of Harvard in central Massachusetts. ;) (No morgue in Harvard, MA, so I am pretty sure that's the case).
    Of course, I am not sure why the college'd have a morgue either -- and there's no "Harvard hospital". B)

meanwhile...

ejoog96t3pl9.png

(from the engineers at ASR)

• aprazer402
    Options
    at7y8iutqhqy.jpg

I just took this photo, ten minutes ago. That's hard to do, I think?
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2023
    Options
    I mean, I would think so -- but this sort of thing, to my mind, illustrates how hard are the jobs of those folks who are paid to idiot-proof a product or interface. :#

I.e., never underestimate idiocy. ;)
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,808
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    at7y8iutqhqy.jpg

I just took this photo, ten minutes ago. That's hard to do, I think?

She'll blame it on her slippers.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,558
    Options
    Around here hitting poles is an everyday thing.
    I saw one where a pickup plowed through two
    and wrapped up around a third. I think he was
    exceeding the 35mph speed limit.
    Street lights are also wiped out pretty regularly.
    Stupid has no limits. I really need a dashcam.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • aprazer402
    Options
    How do you "back up" the guy wire, and from the wrong side of the street too?
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,132
    Options
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    How do you "back up" the guy wire, and from the wrong side of the street too?

Was it a one-way drive?
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    LMAO 🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • aprazer402
    Options
    11acsw906d99.jpg

Not a drive, a two lane street. The guy wire is circled. The star is where I took the photo from my SUV.