Post a picture... any picture

Options

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,303
    Options
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Reminds me of Whammerdyne Heavy Industries: http://whammerdyne.com/

Which reminds me of Bottlehead's long-ago Whamodyne loudspeaker concepts -- back when the company itself was still called Electronic Tonalities.

https://archives.bottlehead.com/valve/whamodyne_files/index.html

• mhardy6647
    Options
    I can see some verbal malfunctions with that name, especial when excited. LOL toughsheets

They'll have great cheers.

When I was in college there was an intramural :| softball team called the Nads.
    Folks would cheer 'em on:
    "Go Nads! GO NADS!"
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,303
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    I can see some verbal malfunctions with that name, especial when excited. LOL toughsheets

They'll have great cheers.

When I was in college there was an intramural :| softball team called the Nads.
    Folks would cheer 'em on:
    "Go Nads! GO NADS!"

WALOB
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2023
    Options
    OleBoot wrote: »
    by314qgxujr8.png

It's a very good movie -- and Big T's second best 'OO album, I'd opine (after Who's Next).
    Sting was... pretty darned good as the Ace Face.
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2023
    Options
    In other news -- our son tipped me off last week on a very good sale price from Home Despot on a Milwaukee M18 7-1/4" circular saw with a 5 amp-hour battery (less than half 'list price')... so I ordered one. Got it today.

52962451812_c68d5d121b_b.jpg
    (I am heavily invested in the M18 ecosystem already B) )

I have a beautiful old Craftsman circular saw that belonged to my father-in-law. The saw still works perfectly, but... The only problem with it is that will only take up to a 7-inch blade -- a 7-1/4" blade won't fit. :# 7 inch blades are essentially now extinct as far as I can tell.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,858
    Options
    I like the M-18 the smaller scale M-12 (IIRC)gear. I like that C-saw Doc, those 5amp hour bat'rees are not inexpensive!
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,600
    Options
    But worth it. At least for my DeWalt stuff. It lasts much longer on a single charge. Like, much longer. They aren't cheap though....you are definitely right about that.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2023
    Options
    My son, son-in-law, and I have built up an ecosystem of Milwaukee tools. The former, of course, lives too far away for hot swapping ;) but we co-mingle resources when we're together projecting. The latter and I pool batteries and tools when duty calls; it's a win-win.

'Twas our son-in-law who started it by picking up a Milwaukee 18V cordless drill at a pawnshop in Keene, NH years ago. That drill (and its original battery) live at my house now, and still work fine.

Indeed, our son-in-law managed to get a very short screwdriver bit caught in a 1/4" impact driver. He and I tried to extract it, to no avail. He took it to various resources, including a machinist who advised him to send it back to the mfgr for repair :o Our S-i-L kind of gave up at that point and bought another one ;) (and also a larger Milwaukee impact driver, which is a force of nature, BTW). He passed the 1/4 incher along to me.

So... yeah...I put it in the basement. I'd look at it sometimes, thinking there's gotta be a way to extract that $@# bit. The challenge was purchase -- it was hard to get a grip on the little bit B) of the bit that protruded from the chuck.

June 2020. COVID-times. I was gonna cut the grass, but the weather was bad, so I was in full-on puttering mode. I was in the basement and I looked at the small impact tool -- and I had a thought.
    (see below)
    The power of a (small) Vice Grip comes through! :)
    The trick was... finding my pair of small Vice Grips. I had been been looking for them... and that day (28 June, according to the email I sent to my S-i-L) I managed to locate them... in (of course) my tool chest! :blush:

The Power of Positive Puttering. The impact tool is alive and well. :)

ci1os6sg46kt.jpg

Now -- wasn't that fascinating?- :#

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,125
    Options

gphainiosqmo.png
    Gulf Shores And Orange Beach
    Dubbed Redneck Riviera by Alabama & Oakland Raiders QB Kenny Stabler.

Setting the Record Straight
    I have noticed several references in the media lately where the entire Gulf Coast beach stretching from Panama City Florida to Gulf Shores Alabama was referred to as the Redneck Riviera.

Wrong! I know this area quite well venturing from Panama City Beach Florida to Gulf Shores Beach Alabama and beyond to Dauphin Island Alabama where I saw the ocean (Gulf of Mexico really) and discovered an ocean beach for the first time at age 10-12.

Vacationed with family on beaches of Panama City Florida year after year. Went to Destin Florida, the fishing village, many times with my father and other family members to go deep sea fishing when there were only 2-3 motels exclusively for "fisherman". Still going to all these places after all the years but now with droves of people and massive density of beach properties.

In the past, this bar on the Florida and Alabama state lines always separated the more upscale Florida part of the Gulf Coast beaches from the down home Alabama beaches. The Alabama beaches are the most fun now.
    rqwrui295sgj.png
    9jvsel7lj5r9.png
    Who would really want to get into this mess?

"Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2023
    Options
    saw this at hifihaven -- pretty much no matter how you look at it, it's kind of troubling...

03q6oii6anca.png

sort of like baby oil...? :o

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Well, today (10 June) Google's splash graphic honors scones. I thought it was to hono(u)r National Scone Day. There is a National Scone Day, of course (at least in the UK) -- but it was on 30 May! Perhaps (???) this explains why these two scones are eyeing each other so warily...

d5nhf49chns1.png

They're kind of funny looking scones, too... no wonder they look so suspicious...
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,742
    Options
    14clxv37f7ig.jpeg
    Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,809
    Options
    Some of these speedbumps are overkill.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,026
    Options
    WOW!!!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    Options
    No doubt!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • bcwsrt
    Options
    Supposedly happened in Taiwan sometime in 2010. Crazy.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,303
    Options
    Well, today (10 June) Google's splash graphic honors scones. I thought it was to hono(u)r National Scone Day. There is a National Scone Day, of course (at least in the UK) -- but it was on 30 May! Perhaps (???) this explains why these two scones are eyeing each other so warily...

d5nhf49chns1.png

They're kind of funny looking scones, too... no wonder they look so suspicious...

They certainly are strange looking scones (pr. scones or scons, you decide) as they do not look to be cut
    in half. The wary looks are probably because the guy on the left us a Devon scone (cream then jam) and the guy on the right is a Cornwall scone (jam then cream).
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    14clxv37f7ig.jpeg

Must be the Jeep course...
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,121
    Options
    bw0oxb1gongc.jpg

Emmylou Harris and Gram Parsons

• bcwsrt
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    14clxv37f7ig.jpeg

Must be the Jeep course...

😂😂 I’m in!!

Brian

• mhardy6647
    Options
    Saw this Someplace Else...

ud7btd5hc5ym.png

• mhardy6647
    Options
    this one made me think of @OleBoot
    0gf1y3ze0h1s.png

... and, for some reason this one made me think of @Jstas

42xr5vxkyl1w.png

(despite the fact that it is resolutely not flammulated)

• treitz3
    Options
    That's a pimped out mower that will never see a day of actual duty.

City Boys make me laugh.

Tom
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,026
    Options
    Looks like it belongs at a marina with those boat colors.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Keiko
    Keiko Posts: 764
    edited June 2023
    Options

... and, for some reason this one made me think of @Jstas

42xr5vxkyl1w.png

(despite the fact that it is resolutely not flammulated)

I got the same impression, but it needs to lose the candy@ss blue paint and add in some flames & skulls. B)

• pitdogg2
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Looks like it belongs at a marina with those boat colors.

It's missing the 🌈 flag.....