Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,905
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • bcwsrt
    bcwsrt Posts: 1,518
    @BlueBirdMusic that is awesome and thanks for posting. I was not aware of it. I plan on building near Cookeville in a few years, so that venue will definitely be on the bucket list.

Curious if you have heard of and been to https://www.thecaverns.com/? Also looks like a “must do” in the Chattanooga area.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,664
    Milito wrote: »

Very different sound to the rest.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,060
    edited June 2023
    bcwsrt wrote: »
    @BlueBirdMusic that is awesome and thanks for posting. I was not aware of it. I plan on building near Cookeville in a few years, so that venue will definitely be on the bucket list.

Curious if you have heard of and been to https://www.thecaverns.com/? Also looks like a “must do” in the Chattanooga area.

@bcwsrt I have not been to "The Caverns" but know about it. For several years my woman and I have been keeping a list of "One-day & Two-day Trips" from Marietta, and "The Caverns" would fit the criteria.

Chattanooga is a nice place to visit. On an overnight two-day trip, we saw "Little Big Town" (Pain Killer Tour) in 2015 at Soldiers and Sailors Memorial Auditorium which was dedicated on November 11, 1922. Not as impressive and comfortable as Tennessee Theater in Knoxville.

An expected surprise was Chris Stapleton and band was the opening act for the concert. My friend and I had never heard of Chris Stapleton but he was known by many of the concert attendees by the repeated applause. We remarked to each other how great the band was; but never noted the name of the singer. We confirmed it was Chris Stapleton a few months later.

As a kid, I visited Lookout Mountain/Rock City (see seven states) and Ruby Falls which is deep inside Lookout Mountain to see the tallest and deepest underground cave waterfall open to the public in the United States. You descend 260 feet by glass-front (not when I was a kid) elevator to see ancient cave formations along the cavern trail to the thundering waterfall.

Ruby Falls was accidentally discovered by Leo Lambert in 1928 deep within Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga, Tennessee. Leo named the waterfall and cave after his wife, Ruby.
    Average Length of Cave Walk: 1 hour - 1 hour 20 minutes, depending on date and time of visit with 1-mile round trip walk. Social distancing is not possible during the cave tour or in the elevator. (FUNNY!)

https://www.rubyfalls.com/gallery/entry/cave-and-falls
    jdheelen1ly5.png
    tmoadrmyoyxw.png
    zfyn2njr6d5u.png
    (Stalactites and Stalagmites)

Here is another place that is wonderful: Booth Western Art Museum
    https://boothmuseum.org/upcoming-exhibitions/
    It is in Cartersville GA. It has musical related exhibits from time to time. As an example, the one in the picture below is this weekend. The Kenny Rogers photography exhibition was here last year.
    vkvdzmufv5yy.png
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420
    edited June 2023
    F1nut wrote: »
    I had to read up on this a bit...I like it. Now, if Nascar would race a car like this on tracks like this all the time and even in the rain I'd likely become a fan. Going 'round and 'round in drafting packs is boring as hell.

I've always had a problem with nascar not racing in the rain. Just how much of a problem could it be to have rain tires along as well? If you know there's a chance for rain BRING'em! I've heard all kinds of excuses over the years. From the open Windows to it's too dangerous a multitude of excuses. Well hey the Indy car the F1 they don't have no windows and their face is getting pelted by the rain at least those guys have a windshield on that NASCAR.
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    I had to read up on this a bit...I like it. Now, if Nascar would race a car like this on tracks like this all the time and even in the rain I'd likely become a fan. Going 'round and 'round in drafting packs is boring as hell.

I've always had a problem with nascar not racing in the rain. Just how much of a problem could it be to have rain tires along as well? If you know there's a chance for rain BRING'em! I've heard all kinds of excuses over the years. From the open Windows to it's too dangerous a multitude of excuses. Well hey the Indy car the F1 they don't have no windows and their face is getting pelted by the rain at least those guys have a windshield on that NASCAR.

Going around in circles on a slick, high-banked track does not work well in rain. On many tracks, the cars need speed and hot tires to stick in the turns. Without that, the cars would be all over the place and uncontrollable.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,420

Going around in circles on a slick, high-banked track does not work well in rain. On many tracks, the cars need speed and hot tires to stick in the turns. Without that, the cars would be all over the place and uncontrollable.

I'm well aware of that. There are also tracks where they may never go over 100mph ( Bristol is like high 80's). You can still race around the bottom at a slower pace in the rain. It's called driver performance and skill.

• bcwsrt
    I forget where they were at a few weeks ago but there were drivers saying the traction was better in the rain with the rain tires than on a dry track with slicks when they were going back-and-forth during qualifying.

I’m sure it’s track-dependent, but they are running rain tires and wipers at more tracks now than ever in the past, not just road courses. I like it, because it definitely adds more driver skill to the equation.

Brian

One-owner Polk Audio RTA 15TL speakers refreshed w/ Sonicap, Vishay/Mills and Cardas components by "pitdogg2," "xschop" billet tweeter plates and BH5 | Stereo REL Acoustics T/5x subwoofers w/ Bassline Blue cables | Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum III integrated tube amp | Technics SL-1210G turntable w/ Ortofon 2M Black LVB 250 MM cart | Sony CDP-508ESD CD player (as a transport) | LampizatOr Baltic 4 tube DAC | Nordost & DH Labs cables/interconnects | APC H15 Power Conditioner | GIK Acoustics room treatments | Degritter RCM
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874

[emphasis added]

Which would, if we're honest with ourselves, boost viewership numbers through the roof. :#
  • bcwsrt
    Diatone VS-100F speakers. Never heard of ‘em.

iksb7dau2fsw.jpeg

Brian

• mhardy6647
    edited June 2023
    Diatone was/is the high-end audio brand (in Japan and most of the world, though not AFAIK in the US) for Mitsubishi.
    Many of the Diatone loudspeakers have been outstanding (although not all).
    https://audio-heritage.jp/DIATONE/unit/index.html

The little Diatone P-610 fullrange driver family (which used leather surrounds) was/is nigh on legendary -- and not without reason. :)

0c42i75450pg.png

https://audio-heritage.jp/DIATONE/unit/index.html

u5711swvw4gv.png
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,524
    Absolutely gorgeous.
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,053
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

The demise of the wooden dashboard has been the single greatest failure in the automotive industry since the Edsel.
  • Clipdat
    @VR3 approved number of subwoofers
    immnt8j16k3u.png
  • VR3
    VR3 Posts: 27,935
    I'd like to see two more personally but he's getting close!
    - Not Tom ::::::: Any system can play Diana Krall. Only the best can play Limp Bizkit.
  • mhardy6647
    edited June 2023
    HAM RAM MR

If you say that three times, does it summon Beelzebub?
  • Clipdat
    Reminds me of Whammerdyne Heavy Industries: http://whammerdyne.com/
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,628
    Bolton Wanderers?

Did the Wolverhampton Wanderers move?
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 2,053
    Wanderers will wander.
  • soundfreak1
    soundfreak1 Posts: 3,373
    I can see some verbal malfunctions with that name, especial when excited. LOL toughsheets
    Main Rig:
    Krell KAV 250a biamped to mid/highs
    Parasound HCA1500A biamped to lows
    Nakamichi EC100 Active xover
    MIT exp 1 ic's
    Perreaux SA33 class A preamp
    AQ kingcobra ic's
    OPPO 83 CDP
    Lehmann audio black cube SE phono pre, Audioquest phono wire (ITA1/1)
    Denon DP-1200 TT. AToc9ML MC cart.
    Monster HTS 3600 power conditioner
    ADS L1590/2 Biamped
    MIT exps2 speaker cable