What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 375
    edited January 2022
    That looks awesome! Pouring what looks like a delicious Hazy IPA. Breweries are one of very few things I miss about San Diego.
    Post edited by Navy_Goat on
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,179
    Plenty of good breweries almost everywhere now. I lived in San Diego for a few years. Norfolk now and the microbrewery scene is great
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Navy_Goat
    I lived in Norfolk a long time ago. I do remember the beer scene being pretty good even then. I recall a few nice tap rooms in Ghent.
  • stangman67
    I live in Colonial Place which is in the same area as Ghent. I can walk to three breweries and there’s 7-8 more within a 5 minute drive

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • Toolfan66
    Toolfan66 Posts: 16,832
    I like dark and light colors, I got tired of anything brown/tan or gold/brass, everything in my house has been replaced or painted that had anything with those colors..
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Feenstra, a good Dutch name there.
  • stangman67
    Dutch indeed!

• motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 2,042
    edited January 2022
    Thanks for the pics; That's a beautiful room all the way around and I could see spending a lot of hours in there.
  • kevhed72
    kevhed72 Posts: 4,949
    Right choice of NFL teams....
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 747
    Changing belts and cleaning the Yamaha px-3
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    edited January 2022
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,490
    Mmmmmm, Woodford Reserve Double Oaked.
  • stangman67
    maxward wrote: »
    It’s one of my faves!

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,969
    maxward wrote: »

Oh yeah, I’ll second that. Triple distilled!
  • Navy_Goat
    Today was new stylus day in my house. The Signet cartridge was installed on a Technics SL-Q2 that I picked up last summer. The Shure was on a Dual 1229 that my wife drug home from a recent trip to some local thrift stores. I thought the stylus on the signet was worn, installing the new stylus confirmed it. The Shure V15 sounds about the same leading me to believe the "old stylus was in at least decent shape. The poor Dual was trashed so that was a surprise.

ATN-120eb for a signet 5e cartridge downstairs in the sitting room.
    hrk4bcuncjg6.jpg

Jico VN35E for a Shure V15 type III in the office.
    1d21sagmnck1.jpg
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    Looks great!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Got the room mostly sorted now. New paint, Sonos stuff all in place and ready to go. Ready for the kantas to come up tomorrow and join the party!

jwdg0q9bc3an.jpeg

That color is just a little too dark. You should repaint it before it's too late. ;)
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,033
    The room looks great, but what is up with the two outlets under the tv?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • stangman67
    The Outlet on the right is part of a hidden tv wiring kit. Actually pretty nifty. Made by LEGRAND

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/legrand-in-wall-flat-screen-power-and-cable-concealment-kit-white/1501144.p?skuId=1501144

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,907
    I'm probably going to get one of those kits if we ever mount the TV on the wall. It got good reviews.
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • stangman67
    Milito wrote: »
    I'm probably going to get one of those kits if we ever mount the TV on the wall. It got good reviews.

I think it is awesome, I bought the variant with USBs in the outlet so I could power my LED strip lights and Roku without having to use power bricks. Super easy to install and very functional

• joebass3
    joebass3 Posts: 243
    The Outlet on the right is part of a hidden tv wiring kit. Actually pretty nifty. Made by LEGRAND

So is it a short extension cord that just takes power from the left outlet (existing outlet) to the right outlet that then runs up behind the wall to an outlet for the TV? Seems like a cleaner more hidden look could be achieved by just installing an outlet behind the TV and then dropping a wire to the back of the existing outlet.
  • stangman67
    Yup that is exactly what it is. And yes I could have just put an outlet back there, but I’m his was easier and I like the result. You can also run additional a/v cables from the lower outlet and through the main box behind the tv without cutting additional holes.

Many ways to do it, this is a good option that I like

• joebass3
    joebass3 Posts: 243
    Yup that is exactly what it is. And yes I could have just put an outlet back there, but I’m his was easier and I like the result. You can also run additional a/v cables from the lower outlet and through the main box behind the tv without cutting additional holes.

Many ways to do it, this is a good option that I like

Just found an item on the Legrand site that will work good for a project I'm doing. Thanks!
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    edited January 2022
    Swapped out the Aric Audio Unlimited preamp for the Prometheus TVC in the basement system,and playing with some weights on my equipment. (Heavy door stops) A tiny bit more focus. More pronounced in my main system on suspended floors.
    x2bvblrq16v7.jpeg

Post edited by TEAforONE on
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    My generous aunt freely gave me an electric fireplace/mantle.

Swapped out the old audio rack and floor speakers for a simpler and better match (dark browns, tan, and bright reds) in my office room:

Before:

jqn4y54i92dw.jpeg

After:

5x1ntc472l03.jpeg
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.
  • GlennDog
    GlennDog Posts: 3,084
    jbreezy5 wrote: »
    My generous aunt freely gave me an electric fireplace/mantle.

After:

5x1ntc472l03.jpeg

yer Auntie's got audiophile in her!
    AC Regenerator PS Audio PerfectWave Power Plant 10
    Source Lumin U1 Mini into Lampi Baltic 4
    Pre Cary SLP-05
    Power Rogue M180 Dark monos
    Mains Salk HT2-TL
    Rythmik F12
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 1,141
    edited January 2022
    Well, i supplied the equipment, but she does have a keen aesthetic sense.

Her gift pulled the room together like The Dude’s area rug.

The limited real estate on the mantle forced me to do what I always intend to do, KISS, but somehow I always find a way to muck that up. 😂

My workspace is off to the side at an angle from this set-up. The balance control on my Arcam integrated is a much appreciated adjustment capability for the first time since 2004, when I purchased it. Glad this feature exists.
    CD Players: Sony CDP-211; Sony DVP-S9000ES; Sony UDP-X800M2 (x2); Cambridge Audio CXC

DACs: Jolida Glass FX Tube DAC III (x2); Denafrips Ares II (x2)

Streamers: ROKU (x3); Bluesound Node 2i and Node N130 w/LHY LPS // Receivers: Yamaha RX-V775BT; Yamaha RX-V777

Preamps: B&K Ref 50; B&K Ref 5 S2; Classe CP-800 MkII; Audio Research SP16L (soon)

Amps: Niles SI-275; B&K ST125.7; B&K ST125.2; Classe CA-2300; Butler Audio TDB-5150

Speakers: Boston Acoustics CR55; Focal Chorus 705v; Wharfedale Diamond 10.2; Monitor Audio Silver-1; Def Tech Mythos One (x4)/Mythos Three Center (x2)/Mythos Two pr.; Martin Logan Electromotion ESL; Legacy Audio Victoria/Silverscreen Center; Gallo Acoustics Reference 3.1; SVS SB-1000 Pro; REL HT-1003; B&W ASW610; HifiMan HE400i

Turntable: Dual 721 Direct-Drive w/Audio Technica AT-VM95e cart

Cables: Tripp-lite 14ga. PCs, Blue Jeans Cable ICs, Philips PXT1000 ICs; Kimber Kable DV30 coaxial ICs; Canare L-4E6S XLR ICs; Kimber Kable 8PR & 8TC speaker cables.