What did you do to your stereo rig today?

1127128130132133162

Comments

  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    Yes,The oppo205's don't have atmosphere channels so i'll use its rear left and right surrounds for the modules,thinking i will have to add their positions distance in the line of the reflection from the ceiling! If it doesn't sound right,'ll just leave it disconnected until a later date.
    dromunds wrote: »
    Interested to hear your thoughts after break-in, especially the height modules.

  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 22,099
    The oppo205's don't have atmosphere channels
    I'm sorry mate I do not understand this?
    Oppo 205 do send those to the pre/pro or receiver.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    edited January 2022
    Hey Pitdogg2.Yes, all oppo205's can forward all the digital information to a preamp/processor which includes atmos capable equipment.
    I use the oppo205 directly from its 7.1 "analogue outputs" and connect them directly to amplifiers. The oppo205 doesn't output atmos channels in analogue !
    Be careful doing this as the oppo's volume has to be set to variable when using this method !
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    The oppo205's don't have atmosphere channels
    I'm sorry mate I do not understand this?
    Oppo 205 do send those to the pre/pro or receiver.

  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 22,099
    Gotcha. Never crossed my mind to run it that way.
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,348
    edited January 2022
    Put the psaudio stellar gain cell DAC/pre back into the system. Had a bad channel on the input board. Psaudio replaced the entire board. Fast turn around. 👍👍

    Shout out to @Clipdat (I bought it from him) for doing the legwork to see if it would be covered under warranty. It was. Thanks Drew!
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 367
    Moved the 1Cs back to the closet to declutter the fun side on my home office.

    Before
    ysbnutaojj18.jpg

    After
    uj6ahe3k2il7.jpg

    I need to clean up the wires next. It doesn't really bug me, but looking at this picture I can see why it drives my wife nuts.

    Polk Audio: SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200 || Zu Audio Omen dirty Weekend MKII
    Marantz: NR-1509, ND-8006 || Anthem Pre-1L || Yamaha WXC-50 || NAD 7175
    Technics: SL-1710, SL-Q2, SL-QD33 || Sony UDP-800 || Xbox One || Vincent Pho-8
    Parasound HCA 1500a || Adcom GFA-535 || Crown XLS-2002 || AkitikA GT-102 || Appj Miniwatt
    FX Audio P1 Tube Preamp || Fosi Audio Tube Phono Preamp || TEC Phono/Line Passive Pre
  • DaveHo
    DaveHo Posts: 3,348
    I'm jealous. My home office is a corner of our dining room. Looks great!
  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 826
    stangman67 wrote: »
    MAd some tweaks upstairs to get ready for the kanta's incoming. Moved the tv over a few inches, widened out the sub and component rack so I could 8ft separation between the speakers. Put up a few treatments behind the speaker locations (should have 9-10 ft from speaker to listening position). I am going to rewrap these in black I think eventually, I have 6 more, I think I am going to do a matrix of at least 4 on the attic sloped surface behind the couch as I imagine I will gave some nasty reflections off that. I never really cared with the LSIM's but I need to get the room as good as I can for the Kanta's. The room has a 7 foot ceiling unfortunately so either way I am going to struggle a bit but the Kanta's are a long haul speaker for me and I won't be in this attic forever

    vsghspcr38wx.jpeg

    Zach, where did you find all thread in that diameter and finish? I really dig that look!
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 1,788
    edited January 2022
    Post edited by stangman67 on
    2 Channel - 2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

    Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Cambridge 851N I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius


  • Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 826
    Sweet, thanks man!
  • muncybob
    muncybob Posts: 2,766
    NICE!!!!
    Yep, my name really is Bob.
    Parasound HCA1500A(indoor sound) and HCA1000(outdoor sound), Dynaco PAS4, Denon DP1200 w/Shure V15 Type V and Jico SAS stylus, Marantz UD7007, modded Polk SDA 2B, Rythmik L12 sub.
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 367
    They look minty! Odd configuration with the tweeters facing outward just a bit. How do they sound?
    Polk Audio: SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200 || Zu Audio Omen dirty Weekend MKII
    Marantz: NR-1509, ND-8006 || Anthem Pre-1L || Yamaha WXC-50 || NAD 7175
    Technics: SL-1710, SL-Q2, SL-QD33 || Sony UDP-800 || Xbox One || Vincent Pho-8
    Parasound HCA 1500a || Adcom GFA-535 || Crown XLS-2002 || AkitikA GT-102 || Appj Miniwatt
    FX Audio P1 Tube Preamp || Fosi Audio Tube Phono Preamp || TEC Phono/Line Passive Pre
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 1,849
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    They look minty! Odd configuration with the tweeters facing outward just a bit. How do they sound?

    I was really hoping to mimic the wide and detailed soundstage of the Polks. It didn't happen so I'll swap them to the inside and hopefully gain some center imaging. They have a touch more low end than the 1.2tl's and also have a pleasant non fatiguing sound.
  • Looks great!
    Oh, Listen here mister. We got no way of understandin' this world. But we got as much sense of this bird flyin in the sky. Now there is a lot that bird don't know, but it don't change the fact that the world is happening to him all the same. What I am tryin to say is, is that the course of your life, well its changing, and you don't even see it- Forest Bondurant
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 367
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    They look minty! Odd configuration with the tweeters facing outward just a bit. How do they sound?

    I was really hoping to mimic the wide and detailed soundstage of the Polks. It didn't happen so I'll swap them to the inside and hopefully gain some center imaging. They have a touch more low end than the 1.2tl's and also have a pleasant non fatiguing sound.

    Oh, got it. More bottom end than 1.2tl is no joke. For some reason I have always liked the look of the larger end of that ADS line. I have been looking to audition something a little different than my collectin of SDAs. Just curious what I am missing...

    I just missed a pair of Vandersteen 2CI for $250 and a pair of Infinity RS4 for $200 over the last few weeks. I will remain on the look out.
    Polk Audio: SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200 || Zu Audio Omen dirty Weekend MKII
    Marantz: NR-1509, ND-8006 || Anthem Pre-1L || Yamaha WXC-50 || NAD 7175
    Technics: SL-1710, SL-Q2, SL-QD33 || Sony UDP-800 || Xbox One || Vincent Pho-8
    Parasound HCA 1500a || Adcom GFA-535 || Crown XLS-2002 || AkitikA GT-102 || Appj Miniwatt
    FX Audio P1 Tube Preamp || Fosi Audio Tube Phono Preamp || TEC Phono/Line Passive Pre
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 780
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    They look minty! Odd configuration with the tweeters facing outward just a bit. How do they sound?

    I was really hoping to mimic the wide and detailed soundstage of the Polks. It didn't happen so I'll swap them to the inside and hopefully gain some center imaging. They have a touch more low end than the 1.2tl's and also have a pleasant non fatiguing sound.

    Oh, got it. More bottom end than 1.2tl is no joke. For some reason I have always liked the look of the larger end of that ADS line. I have been looking to audition something a little different than my collectin of SDAs. Just curious what I am missing...

    I just missed a pair of Vandersteen 2CI for $250 and a pair of Infinity RS4 for $200 over the last few weeks. I will remain on the look out.

    Which Infinity RS4s? (i.e. with planar tweet/midrange dome/two woofers, or the 2-way with waveguide tweeter).

    I don’t care for the latter, and haven’t heard the former.

    The Vandersteen 2CI would’ve been a steal at that price.

    Are you anywhere near St. Louis area? Lots of goodies on CL today.
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 367
    jbreezy5 wrote: »
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    They look minty! Odd configuration with the tweeters facing outward just a bit. How do they sound?

    I was really hoping to mimic the wide and detailed soundstage of the Polks. It didn't happen so I'll swap them to the inside and hopefully gain some center imaging. They have a touch more low end than the 1.2tl's and also have a pleasant non fatiguing sound.

    Oh, got it. More bottom end than 1.2tl is no joke. For some reason I have always liked the look of the larger end of that ADS line. I have been looking to audition something a little different than my collectin of SDAs. Just curious what I am missing...

    I just missed a pair of Vandersteen 2CI for $250 and a pair of Infinity RS4 for $200 over the last few weeks. I will remain on the look out.

    Which Infinity RS4s? (i.e. with planar tweet/midrange dome/two woofers, or the 2-way with waveguide tweeter).

    I don’t care for the latter, and haven’t heard the former.

    The Vandersteen 2CI would’ve been a steal at that price.

    Are you anywhere near St. Louis area? Lots of goodies on CL today.

    The RS4s were the two 8inch woofer, dome mid, EMIT tweeter variety. They looked great.

    DC and Baltimore are close for me. I believe those 2 were in Alexandria and Silver Spring. Honestly I was more excited about the RS4s. I will remain on the look out for a decent set of RS line Infinities, Dahlquist DQ-10 or 20, and Vandersteen 2ci (sig if I am lucky). I may pull the trigger on a pair of Magnapan LRS at some point, who knows.
    Polk Audio: SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200 || Zu Audio Omen dirty Weekend MKII
    Marantz: NR-1509, ND-8006 || Anthem Pre-1L || Yamaha WXC-50 || NAD 7175
    Technics: SL-1710, SL-Q2, SL-QD33 || Sony UDP-800 || Xbox One || Vincent Pho-8
    Parasound HCA 1500a || Adcom GFA-535 || Crown XLS-2002 || AkitikA GT-102 || Appj Miniwatt
    FX Audio P1 Tube Preamp || Fosi Audio Tube Phono Preamp || TEC Phono/Line Passive Pre
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,704
    I have some Kappa 8’s I may be putting up for sale but you are half way across the country from me.
  • jbreezy5
    jbreezy5 Posts: 780
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    jbreezy5 wrote: »
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    Navy_Goat wrote: »
    They look minty! Odd configuration with the tweeters facing outward just a bit. How do they sound?

    I was really hoping to mimic the wide and detailed soundstage of the Polks. It didn't happen so I'll swap them to the inside and hopefully gain some center imaging. They have a touch more low end than the 1.2tl's and also have a pleasant non fatiguing sound.

    Oh, got it. More bottom end than 1.2tl is no joke. For some reason I have always liked the look of the larger end of that ADS line. I have been looking to audition something a little different than my collectin of SDAs. Just curious what I am missing...

    I just missed a pair of Vandersteen 2CI for $250 and a pair of Infinity RS4 for $200 over the last few weeks. I will remain on the look out.

    Which Infinity RS4s? (i.e. with planar tweet/midrange dome/two woofers, or the 2-way with waveguide tweeter).

    I don’t care for the latter, and haven’t heard the former.

    The Vandersteen 2CI would’ve been a steal at that price.

    Are you anywhere near St. Louis area? Lots of goodies on CL today.

    The RS4s were the two 8inch woofer, dome mid, EMIT tweeter variety. They looked great.

    DC and Baltimore are close for me. I believe those 2 were in Alexandria and Silver Spring. Honestly I was more excited about the RS4s. I will remain on the look out for a decent set of RS line Infinities, Dahlquist DQ-10 or 20, and Vandersteen 2ci (sig if I am lucky). I may pull the trigger on a pair of Magnapan LRS at some point, who knows.

    Yeah, the RS4s would’ve been the most fun of that bunch.

    The LRS’ sound like a good alternative if you have the power to drive’em.

    Good luck with your search.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,449
    dromunds wrote: »
    I have some Kappa 8’s I may be putting up for sale but you are half way across the country from me.

    Bring those Kappa’s down to Texas and I’ll buy em.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE's, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 5000 w/Hurricane and Thunder Power Cables

    Vintage
    Pioneer SA-9800, Pioneer TX-9800, Pioneer PL-630 w/Ortofon 2m Bronze, PSB Imagine T2's
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,704
    We need a Polkie Express. Who knows, maybe I’ll be driving down south later in spring.
  • rebelsoul
    rebelsoul Posts: 614
    Hooked the Yamaha px-3 to the carver c-19 .
  • PSOVLSK
    PSOVLSK Posts: 4,745
    Love it! I once had an HT with navy blue walls all around. It was pretty awesome IMO.
    Things work out best for those who make the best of the way things work out.-John Wooden
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 367
    That color looks like a cross between deck grey and navy blue. I like it! I suspect the TV screen will blend in to the wall very well. Also, it sounds like your wife is a keeper! Audio room with tasty cold beverage dispenser, yes please....
    Polk Audio: SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200 || Zu Audio Omen dirty Weekend MKII
    Marantz: NR-1509, ND-8006 || Anthem Pre-1L || Yamaha WXC-50 || NAD 7175
    Technics: SL-1710, SL-Q2, SL-QD33 || Sony UDP-800 || Xbox One || Vincent Pho-8
    Parasound HCA 1500a || Adcom GFA-535 || Crown XLS-2002 || AkitikA GT-102 || Appj Miniwatt
    FX Audio P1 Tube Preamp || Fosi Audio Tube Phono Preamp || TEC Phono/Line Passive Pre
  • motorstereo
    motorstereo Posts: 1,849
    I think that's a great looking color stangman67 for a listening-fun room. How about a pic of the kegerator?