What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,973
    @Mike Reeter Now THAT is a listening room B)
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Very nice room Mike.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited November 2021
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Got up early and did some much needed wire management. It isn’t perfect as I have my Fono off to the side as it gets extremely noisy in the rack (still very noisy off to the side like this). But it’s a million times better than it was wiring wise

Now enjoying the fruits of my labor with some Tom Petty on Vinyl

jemyaj27obky.jpeg
    ez5vbxnpie0m.jpeg

VERY NICE I would imagine the new SE150 is rocking' your world real good ;)

Loving me a little TP myself B)

8ef2ievwxt3c.png

• Mike Reeter
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Dude. This is one of the finest rigs/rooms on this forum. You should be very proud of yourself. One day (and I am not inviting myself but laying down a seed), I would love to meet you and put my ears on this rig.
    Job well done broskizzle. Well done!

Tom

If this was aimed at me, thank you! Anytime you might possibly be close to Mid Missouri, give me a shout, my door is always open to any long time CP member. The Music is always a little too loud and the Beer is always ICE COLD!
    Gerres26 wrote: »
    Absolutely beautiful room...but how do you change the record without getting footprints on the carpet? ;)

What kind of rack is that by the way?

The carpet never stays fresh very long, lol. I made the racks that you see in the pics.
    jdjohn wrote: »

Thanks for all the comments, being retired I spend a lotta time there :)

• Gerres26
    Gerres26 Posts: 857
    Dude. This is one of the finest rigs/rooms on this forum. You should be very proud of yourself. One day (and I am not inviting myself but laying down a seed), I would love to meet you and put my ears on this rig.

Tom

If this was aimed at me, thank you! Anytime you might possibly be close to Mid Missouri, give me a shout, my door is always open to any long time CP member. The Music is always a little too loud and the Beer is always ICE COLD!
    Absolutely beautiful room...but how do you change the record without getting footprints on the carpet? ;)

The carpet never stays fresh very long, lol. I made the racks that you see in the pics.

Any chance you want to share the details on your rack build? I’m really digging them...the whole damn room fits my style to be honest
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    Yes, Mike. My comment was directed at you sir.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,905
    Great room Mike!
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Made a new Rack to combine two into one and moved gear to the side of the room. This cleaned up the center image more than I expected B)

nby342s9dkbd.png

Before

obx66o0r63v6.png

After, mo better :)

39lq7vgb0awl.png

@Mike Reeter

How did I miss your new arrangement. You know i have always loved your room and setup.

Magnificent! You have a way of doing things right!

I'll save the new picture next to the old one in my photos.
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,482
    Indeed. It even looks like you had an MLB grounds crew tend to your rug.
  • Mike Reeter

Tom

Any chance you want to share the details on your rack build? I’m really digging them...the whole damn room fits my style to be honest

p.m. sent

• Mike Reeter
    maxward wrote: »
    Indeed. It even looks like you had an MLB grounds crew tend to your rug.

I have them mow the lawn :D

lt58t7tchyu3.png

• SCompRacer
    SCompRacer Posts: 8,342
    Been a long time since I've done anything two channel wise. Today was update Linux on the Sonore music server so roon version 1.8 would work.

h8s1kc8sf02d.jpg
    v86rq2pw2uf5.jpg

Salk SoundScape 8's * Audio Research Reference 3 * Bottlehead Eros Phono * Park's Audio Budgie SUT * Krell KSA-250 * Harmonic Technology Pro 9+ * Signature Series Sonore Music Server w/Deux PS * Roon * Gustard R26 DAC / Singxer SU-6 DDC * Heavy Plinth Lenco L75 Idler Drive * AA MG-1 Linear Air Bearing Arm * AT33PTG/II & Denon 103R * Richard Gray 600S * NHT B-12d subs * GIK Acoustic Treatments * Sennheiser HD650 *
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,526
    @stangman67 is this rack DIY? Looks cool!
    jemyaj27obky.jpeg
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,188
    New - In the box too....and a post from Mark? Mr. Vintage himself? Wait a....
    *Falls over*

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647 wrote: »
    iqtgi9ddgqk3.jpg

Same!

re71tmmj7s8j.jpg
    SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200
  • stangman67
    stangman67 Posts: 2,172
    Clipdat wrote: »
    jemyaj27obky.jpeg

Kinda sorta. I bought the shelves from timber nation and sourced the all thread and nuts myself as it was a lot cheaper to do it that way
    2 Channel in my home attic/bar/man cave

2 Channel Focal Kanta 3 I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Modwright PH9.0X I Modwright KWA-150SE I VPI Prime Signature w/ Soundsmith Zephyr MIMC I Lumin U2 Mini I North Star Designs Intenso DAC I Audience OHNO ICs/Audience Furutech FP-S55N and FP-S032N Power Cables/Acoustic Zen Satori I Isotek Sirius
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,973
    stangman67 wrote: »
    Clipdat wrote: »
    jemyaj27obky.jpeg

Kinda sorta. I bought the shelves from timber nation and sourced the all thread and nuts myself as it was a lot cheaper to do it that way
    Nicely done! It's like a Salamander Archetype rack on steroids :) Might need some proper feet, though.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    phipiper10 wrote: »
    Doing a demo of this amp by some guy name Pass.

I also see a Lumin file player, and a Shunyata power conditioner, along with the Pass. Good job.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Ha, yes. Good reminder to update the signature. Looks like I have a couple of the younger siblings of gear in your rig. I'm sure it sounds amazing! Looks like I should read some Magico reviews and start planning my next move. ;) You have fine taste sir!

Curious which came first, the Pass gear or the speakers and was it a "process" going through gear to find that special match?
    Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Curious which came first, the Pass gear or the speakers and was it a "process" going through gear to find that special match?

To be honest, I don't remember which came first since its been a few years. However, it was around the same time. I also bought a Lumin S1 at that time before getting the X1. Yes it was a process since I went through an upgrade spree for some reason. While everything during the process sounded great I just kept upgrading. Since I am now retired, and the system sounds great, I won't be upgrading very much in the future.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    Doing a demo of this amp by some guy name Pass.6q9onfbl7p4s.jpeg
    izmd75jsu0fn.jpeg

Think about how disconcerting it could be to work in QC for that guy's namesake company. The cognitive dissonance of having to Fail Pass.

B)
  • Mike Reeter
    edited November 2021
    izmd75jsu0fn.jpeg

Very good looking and I'm sure great sounding set-up B) I would certainly be interested in your thoughts between the St.100 and the Pass, these are two amps that I'm looking at.

The St.100 "Dark" and the X150.8, both around the same money and I'm sure both with a distinctive sound of their own.

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    lw7xnb591tzf.gif
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    izmd75jsu0fn.jpeg

I'm curious of the comparison as well. If I were to ever upgrade my amps it would be either be the PL's or the Rogue.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,482
    Curiouser and curiouser.
  • I think that Pass guy might be onto something.
    See my profile for list of gear.