Post a picture... any picture

Comments

• sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,555
    I'm sure they were a lot safer at speed than a motorcycle.
    Safety was their only real asset. A Corolla was a much better
    car for the mpg and practical minded. There's a junkyard I
    drive by sometimes that has a whole section dedicated to these cars.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    For just a minute I felt like I was in a 1950s Cadillac land yacht. Until I pulled back out into traffic and was reminded, nope my car is still tiny, just not ultra tiny.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    sucks2beme wrote: »
    I'm sure they were a lot safer at speed than a motorcycle.
    Safety was their only real asset. A Corolla was a much better
    car for the mpg and practical minded. There's a junkyard I
    drive by sometimes that has a whole section dedicated to these cars.

1) That is true (re: safety), now that you mention it (I had conveniently forgotten that!) -- but the wheelbase is so short, and they seem so (comparatively) tall and narrow. I have to imagine (??) they're a bit skittish at speed (or in a crosswind).

2) I am trying to understand why any junkyard could have acquired a whole section's worth" of them :p
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,481
    Yesterday
    zuqfxc2czcau.jpg

Today
    p59w3qixhzxw.jpg
    nn65ddnzmb7l.jpg

• NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,811
    CH46E wrote: »
    Yesterday
    zuqfxc2czcau.jpg

Today
    p59w3qixhzxw.jpg
    nn65ddnzmb7l.jpg

I would guess y'all will be working Wed ;)
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,297
    edited May 2020
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    ...2) I am trying to understand why any junkyard could have acquired a whole section's worth" of them...

I agree - you’d think the junkyard could keep their “Smart” car inventory in a couple file cabinets...

Seriously though, I would think that most wrecked Smart cars end up in the cemetery, as it is probably impossible to extract the driver from the wreckage. It DOES save money on a coffin though...
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• CH46E

[/quote]

I would guess y'all will be working Wed ;)[/quote]

Nope! Traffic is someone else's problem. I'm CBP, and I think you are thinking of our CBP Air and Marine guys. I only get to go out with them a couple times a year. They come up from Ft Pierce.

For Wed I think I may go out in my father in laws boat. If not we will just watch from our roof. Traffic is going to be crazy and insane.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    olg7jodr89cx.jpg

Topping out phase 1 of the new parking garage at PDX (Portland's airport) expansion. If you zoom in you can see the iron worker sitting on the beam. Basically they shinny up the column like a monkey up a tree, then I bring in the beam and they bolt up one side. Then walk across it to connect the other side. Pretty sure they aren't afraid of dying from Covid 19.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • sucks2beme
    sucks2beme Posts: 5,555
    The interior shell was pretty crushproof.
    The rest of the car was poo. So non-running ones
    would be the norm.
    "The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg." --Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,189
    OMG, is she really THAT stu.....

Does she not know that air will take the path of least resistance and that if you have crocheted holes in the mask, it's basically useless?

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,297
    treitz3 wrote: »
    OMG, is she really THAT stu.....

Does she not know that air will take the path of least resistance and that if you have crocheted holes in the mask, it's basically useless?

Tom

That mask is a perfect example of virtue signaling....
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• mhardy6647
    meanwhile... our neighbor to the north (or south, if you live in Detroit) is a tinderbox.

3cc970j1u13w.png
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,469
    Another copperhead 7rfvtkt1x88q.jpg
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

"All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • CH46E
    edited May 2020
    audioluvr wrote: »
    Just took this one. My back yard. Lupine in the foreground. Mt. Adams
    in the background.

e94lbtjda97a.jpg

Wow! I really miss WA.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Posts: 2,061
    ^^^^
    A diy project?
    "Sometimes you have to look to the past to understand where you are going in the future"

Harry / Marietta GA
  • mhardy6647
    Good canine moniker, there, @KennethSwauger
    :)
  • CH46E
    edited May 2020
    daddyjt wrote: »
    lqheaylh5in7.jpeg

Looks like the CA High Desert.