Post a picture... any picture

1415416418420421599

Comments

  • Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,358
    Maybe it's a small person who likes a big door looking window
    TV room- B&W 703, SVS PB10 NSD, Marantz NR1607, Parasound 1500a, Pro-Ject Debut Carbon (Yellow) with Acrylic platter, Pro-Ject phono pre, MIT AVT 2 speaker cables, MIT AVT 1 and AVT 2 ICs, XLO Jumpers, Signal Dig Coax, Signal Cable Magic Power Cables x3, Samsung QN75Q7DR Qled 75" tv, Harmony 1100, Sony BDP-S6200, Marantz DV-4200 (as Transport), Cambridge Audio DAC Magic100, Monster 3600MKII, Nintendo Switch and Xbox 360 Family room Samsung 55JS7000 Android Mi Box3 and Apple TV, Polk Magnifi Max. - Pool /Gazebo Yamaha RX-A1010, Polk Patio 25x4, Rotel RDV 1045 (as CDP) MIT AVT3 ICs - Work - Spotify Premium, Neutron App or Amazon Music to my FiiO Kunlun into my Grado SR125e

  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,502
    Viking64 wrote: »
    That's a pretty solid fire escape.

    We were looking at it from the wrong perspective.
    Good eye Jim!
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 9,771
    :o 4'x4'x4' almost and a whopping 1,800 lbs! :)

    Oh yea, .1 ohm capable.

    the watts it outputs?... as many as you will ever need. :p

    inputs?... as many as you need. :p

    I believe that amp is the biggest and baddest on the planet . B)

    How much does it cost though?

    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,344
    edited May 2020
    ^^^^ Cost is astronomical!
    h8tor2wp8kjy.jpg
  • OleBoot
    OleBoot Posts: 823
    Tony M wrote: »
    :o 4'x4'x4' almost and a whopping 1,800 lbs! :)

    Oh yea, .1 ohm capable.

    the watts it outputs?... as many as you will ever need. :p

    inputs?... as many as you need. :p

    I believe that amp is the biggest and baddest on the planet . B)

    How much does it cost though?

    If you need to ask.......
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,344
    5bn3elfizgmu.jpg
    A rare photo of the Omaha 5/6/1975 F4 Tornado. This is facing west across 72nd Street just north of West Center Rd. My parents home was about three blocks to the left of the funnel in this photo. My mother and younger brother were home at the time. I had just left for work at the Post Office about 20 minutes before it struck. My parents were very lucky their home only sustained about $10K in damages. I was working in the main post office building downtown and the supervisors didn't say anything to us college kids working until after 10pm. I left as soon as I heard. It was like a war zone in our neighborhood. Hard to believe it was 45 years ago.
    https://dataomaha.com/bigstory/weather/tracking-a-beast
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,268
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    5bn3elfizgmu.jpg
    A rare photo of the Omaha 5/6/1975 F4 Tornado. This is facing west across 72nd Street just north of West Center Rd. My parents home was about three blocks to the left of the funnel in this photo. My mother and younger brother were home at the time. I had just left for work at the Post Office about 20 minutes before it struck. My parents were very lucky their home only sustained about $10K in damages. I was working in the main post office building downtown and the supervisors didn't say anything to us college kids working until after 10pm. I left as soon as I heard. It was like a war zone in our neighborhood. Hard to believe it was 45 years ago.
    https://dataomaha.com/bigstory/weather/tracking-a-beast

    Wow, that gives me chills.
  • Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,254
    edited May 2020
    I lived in Dallas when one hit there in 1957, I'll never forget that day as long as I live. I watched it coming towards our house, it was just a few miles away. My mother and I were getting ready to get in her car and leave, but It turned and missed our neighborhood. I was 6 yrs old at the time. My father was at work. It was not as big as the one above, if it had been the death toll would have been much higher.

    https://1957dallastornado.net/

    Some story that Cop from Omaha had as he followed the tornado to warn people about the path it was taking.

    Yamaha RX-A2070, Music Hall A70.2 integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, HSU VTF-2 MK5, LSiM705, LSiM704, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Fluance RT85, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 2,344
    Milito wrote: »
    I lived in Dallas when one hit there in 1957, I'll never forget that day as long as I live. I watched it coming towards our house, it was just a few miles away. My mother and I were getting ready to get in her car and leave, but It turned and missed our neighborhood. I was 6 yrs old at the time. My father was at work. It was not as big as the one above, if it had been the death toll would have been much higher.

    https://1957dallastornado.net/

    Some story that Cop from Omaha had as he followed the tornado to warn people about the path it was taking.

    It was a very sad day in Omaha. My mother and brother said it sounded like a extremely loud train running right over the house. They were in the basement hiding under the steps. You're lucky you were missed in '57. The Omaha cop at 23 was just three years older than me at the time. My parents had a large yard maybe 18,000 sf. Over the following two weeks the City of Omaha hauled 27 large dump truck loads of debris from the back yard. It was incredible. No electricity for a couple of weeks. On the first night the neighbors set up an outside bar (a large cooler) in their garage/driveway. Around two am that night I went two doors away to get a couple of cold ones. As I turned around in the driveway with the beers, a National Guard jeep pulled up and the guards asked me what I was doing? They actually walked me home, two doors away. Couldn't sleep with helicopters overhead all night. We made it through okay.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 3,412
    Being from Iowa and Kansas I learned to expect and respect tornadoes. Now I live in a place where if we get to hear thunder once a year, it's headline news. Oh sure once in 50,000 years a mountain blows up. Big woop. I miss thunder storms.
    Cambridge Audio 851N Streamer/DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables


    There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

    by Dr. Sardonicus
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 27,550
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Speaking of cops and speed...

    31d2b6vgvgfl.png

    ...


    Speaking of which -- a famous and somewhat similar tale from some time ago...

    https://oppositelock.kinja.com/favorite-sr-71-story-1079127041
    ...Somewhere, 13 miles above Arizona, there was a pilot screaming inside his space helmet. Then, I heard it. The click of the mic button from the back seat. That was the very moment that I knew Walter and I had become a crew. Very professionally, and with no emotion, Walter spoke: "Los Angeles Center, Aspen 20, can you give us a ground speed check?" There was no hesitation, and the replay came as if was an everyday request. "Aspen 20, I show you at one thousand eight hundred and forty-two knots, across the ground."
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 9,771
    edited May 2020
    2119.7 mph. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :DB) But the SR71radio tech said he was reading 1900mph on the money. What a plane! B)<3 Go USA!
    5iqerkpni61o.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueBirdMusic
    BlueBirdMusic Registered User Posts: 1,502
    ^^^^ Beautiful photo Ken. Did you take it? Wonderful skills required.
    If the telephone doesn't ring ......... it's me
    Harry / Marietta Georgia
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 7,659
    Thanks, BlueBirdMusic. Yes, I took it this afternoon.tytaqap4t8t6.jpg
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,264
    I think you missed your calling Ken, that there is magazine quality. People get paid for photos like that.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

    Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

    Kitchen

    Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • NotaSuv
    NotaSuv Posts: 3,228
    miss the dogwoods..none down here in Fl
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,268
    udafgogorblb.jpg

    That's pretty amazing shot. All the details and shadows. Nice shot man!
Sign In or Register to comment.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!