What did you do to your stereo rig today?

18586889091148

Comments

  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 4,370
    Tony M wrote: »
    Still re-arranging and liking what I'm doing. Still have a long way to go though.
    0e976r2x6dqe.png

    Give me a dumpster and 8-12 hours and I can make that place look and sound STELLAR!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)


    There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

    by Dr. Sardonicus
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,253
    LOL. +1
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

    Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

    Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 4,370
    Tony knows I'm just F**king with him. He's making great progress.
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Belles 350A Reference modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)


    There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January.

    by Dr. Sardonicus
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 23,656
    Are the Maggies for sale? :p
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Arcam AVR21, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Yamaha CD-S2100 SACD Player.

    In retirement...TriangleArt Reference SE with Walker Precision Motor Drive,

    “Every record has been destroyed or falsified, every book has been rewritten, every picture has been repainted, every statue and street building has been renamed, every date has been altered…History has stopped. Nothing exists except the endless present in which the party is always right” — George Orwell

    “If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 10,745
    Are the Maggies for sale? :p

    One of my life's regret was selling them. Needed money so to speak at that time.

    I think they were 2.8R's.

    The fellow actually called me back a few years later and asked if I wanted to buy them back. He said for less than he paid of course. I wanted to soooo bad but I think I had just bought the Triton Ones and didn't have any spare hundreds lying around anymore.

    I LOVED those things! True ribbon tweeters. B)
    They almost didn't need a sub for most music.
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,398
    edited April 2020
    butterbean wrote: »
    4lbwdnb3j88a.jpeg
    I got my Marantz CD 6006 today! My initial impressions are wow! What a difference! Been listening to various CDs today started out with dire straits. I had a really good soundstage with my SDA 1-b’s, but it made it even wider it really brings out the individual instruments really well. Really adds a lot of depth to the music. And then switch to a remastered copy of Jeff Beck‘s blow by blow. Jeez that was even better! It really brings out a lot of hidden percussion, sounds you name it! The drums on that CD are incredible they really came to life with the Marantz. I listen to Apple Music on my phone and it leaves a lot to be desired if you know what I mean. The Marantz has a USB plug on the front of the unit I hooked my phone up to that and played some fav tracks. It added so much warmth and depth I was really surprised! Still some of the recordings leave a lot to be desired but they still had improved clarity and soundstage. Right now I’m listening to an old CD Elton John’s yellow brick road it’s not remastered or anything but it really brings it to life! This is a great player For Anyone that just listens to CDs I’m very happy! It’s gonna be a great weekend!

    The Marantz players are very nice. Congrats.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE's, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 5000 w/Hurricane and Thunder Power Cables

    Vintage
    Pioneer SA-9800, Pioneer TX-9800, Pioneer PL-630 w/Ortofon 2m Bronze, PSB Imagine T2's
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,582
    Tony, I used to have that exact couch in your photo above only black but had to sell it when I moved from Madison. Loved that couch. Bought it new during a past recession at an unbelievable price.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 10,745
    It is very comfortable indeed. :p It sits a little low but I can lay on it and fall asleep easily. <3

    I traded a new in the box Sony DVD & VHS player for it. The player could record VHS to DVD. It was a "safe driver gift" from one of those little fliers you can pick from. It's value at the time was 180.00 at Best Buy.

    So...I really got my couch for free. :D One of the best trades I've ever made! ;)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • machone
    machone Posts: 1,341
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Today I put the finishing touches on my rack for my HT. I could not find what I really wanted, and I figured even if I did, I’d never be able to afford it.

    I wanted a minimalist cantilevered type design, that gave the appearance of floating shelves. I designed the supports out of some 3/4” oak plywood scrap I had left over from a previous project:

    mkgfsq1tzlqp.jpeg

    9em09qq2dx6e.jpeg

    xbdth1py6s55.jpeg

    4duqnpskviak.jpeg

    lg861tjoedaa.jpeg


    Then came the shelves - three total, 17”x60”. They are 3/4 MDF, painted black, then cover with glitter-infused Stone Coat epoxy, for a “galaxy” look:

    8hx4ve96noff.jpeg

    zz6dt636prhg.jpeg

    92b08iky3r1b.jpeg

    caa1i4pgs97g.jpeg

    qhsmi46302kf.jpeg

    The whitish lines in the shelves are actually the reflection of the Sheetrock tape joints in my garage ceiling, lol:

    it8ku01nx8r9.jpeg

    I plan to move it into position tomorrow and load it up - more pictures to follow...



    Wow!
    Very nice frame work and the finish on the mdf is great!. How did you get it so smooth?
    Mojo Audio Illuminati v3>>Quantum Byte w/LMS>>Rpi/PiCoreplayer>> Starlight 7 USB >> Mojo Audio Mystique v2 SE>>ModWright SWL 9.0 SE Signature>>Hafler DH-500 Amp+ (Musical Concepts Fully Modded)>>
    SRS 2.3TL (Fully Modded)...Velodyne Optimum 8 subwoofer
    1KVA Dreadnought

    Marantz SA 8005
    Pioneer PLX-1000 Turntable - Shure SC35C/N35X - V15III/VN35HE
    Yamaha TX-540 Tuner...Sony BDP-S570
    Sony PS4

    Separate subpanel with four dedicated 20 amp circuits.
    1. Amplification 2. Analog 3. Digital 4. Video

    "All THAT IS LOST FROM THE SOURCE IS LOST FOREVER"
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,123
    butterbean wrote: »
    4lbwdnb3j88a.jpeg
    I got my Marantz CD 6006 today! My initial impressions are wow! What a difference! Been listening to various CDs today started out with dire straits. I had a really good soundstage with my SDA 1-b’s, but it made it even wider it really brings out the individual instruments really well. Really adds a lot of depth to the music. And then switch to a remastered copy of Jeff Beck‘s blow by blow. Jeez that was even better! It really brings out a lot of hidden percussion, sounds you name it! The drums on that CD are incredible they really came to life with the Marantz. I listen to Apple Music on my phone and it leaves a lot to be desired if you know what I mean. The Marantz has a USB plug on the front of the unit I hooked my phone up to that and played some fav tracks. It added so much warmth and depth I was really surprised! Still some of the recordings leave a lot to be desired but they still had improved clarity and soundstage. Right now I’m listening to an old CD Elton John’s yellow brick road it’s not remastered or anything but it really brings it to life! This is a great player For Anyone that just listens to CDs I’m very happy! It’s gonna be a great weekend!

    Very nice! Congrats brother! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 1,767
    machone wrote: »
    daddyjt wrote: »
    Today I put the finishing touches on my rack for my HT. I could not find what I really wanted, and I figured even if I did, I’d never be able to afford it.

    I wanted a minimalist cantilevered type design, that gave the appearance of floating shelves. I designed the supports out of some 3/4” oak plywood scrap I had left over from a previous project:

    mkgfsq1tzlqp.jpeg

    9em09qq2dx6e.jpeg

    xbdth1py6s55.jpeg

    4duqnpskviak.jpeg

    lg861tjoedaa.jpeg


    Then came the shelves - three total, 17”x60”. They are 3/4 MDF, painted black, then cover with glitter-infused Stone Coat epoxy, for a “galaxy” look:

    8hx4ve96noff.jpeg

    zz6dt636prhg.jpeg

    92b08iky3r1b.jpeg

    caa1i4pgs97g.jpeg

    qhsmi46302kf.jpeg

    The whitish lines in the shelves are actually the reflection of the Sheetrock tape joints in my garage ceiling, lol:

    it8ku01nx8r9.jpeg

    I plan to move it into position tomorrow and load it up - more pictures to follow...



    Wow!
    Very nice frame work and the finish on the mdf is great!. How did you get it so smooth?

    It’s a “Stone Coat” epoxy finish - I did 3 coats to get max shine, depth and durability. I will post the fully assembled frame photos today - got sidetracked the past few days with an extended family death and funeral (Funeral during the Wuhan Virus outbreak - that’s a story for another time).

    Any way, back on track, and more to come...

    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow


    “Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 21,280
    voltz wrote: »
    I opened up my Modwright LS100 preamp to remember what 6sN7's I was using in it!

    I got a quad pair of this Sivlertone's...(think it just relabeled Sylvania) like the Baldwin's? Brock? but anyways love the sound over the others I have tried!

    this is what I got
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVERTONE-6SN7-GTB-CHROME-TOP-SYLVANIA-6SN7GTB-VERY-RARE-Matched-Quad-NOS-/202860758378

    I got them for $25 for the quad :) as no one else bidded on them ..thought the seller would get mad and pull them but he was honest and shipped them to me! Kudos to the Honest sellers out there!

    just took another look..at the ebay add and he says they are Sylvania's from the 1950's B)
    I just like the looks of them :p who cares how good the sound right? that isn't why I bought them..heck I'm tone deft ;)

    you stole those. I love small victories like that

    yep those are Sylvania from the 50's Date codes on the side should confirm down to the week they were made.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,123
    Wow! Congrats @voltz ! 😀
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • ptrooper
    ptrooper Posts: 501
    noice <3 When listening to each set ,do you have to breech positive and negative on surrounding, non used speakers?
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    voltz wrote: »
    I opened up my Modwright LS100 preamp to remember what 6sN7's I was using in it!

    I got a quad pair of this Sivlertone's...(think it just relabeled Sylvania) like the Baldwin's? Brock? but anyways love the sound over the others I have tried!

    this is what I got
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/SILVERTONE-6SN7-GTB-CHROME-TOP-SYLVANIA-6SN7GTB-VERY-RARE-Matched-Quad-NOS-/202860758378

    I got them for $25 for the quad :) as no one else bidded on them ..thought the seller would get mad and pull them but he was honest and shipped them to me! Kudos to the Honest sellers out there!

    just took another look..at the ebay add and he says they are Sylvania's from the 1950's B)
    I just like the looks of them :p who cares how good the sound right? that isn't why I bought them..heck I'm tone deft ;)

    you stole those. I love small victories like that

    yep those are Sylvania from the 50's Date codes on the side should confirm down to the week they were made.

    my 1 shinning moment :) glad he actually ship them to me...
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

    HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    butterbean wrote: »
    4lbwdnb3j88a.jpeg
    I got my Marantz CD 6006 today! My initial impressions are wow! What a difference! Been listening to various CDs today started out with dire straits. I had a really good soundstage with my SDA 1-b’s, but it made it even wider it really brings out the individual instruments really well. Really adds a lot of depth to the music. And then switch to a remastered copy of Jeff Beck‘s blow by blow. Jeez that was even better! It really brings out a lot of hidden percussion, sounds you name it! The drums on that CD are incredible they really came to life with the Marantz. I listen to Apple Music on my phone and it leaves a lot to be desired if you know what I mean. The Marantz has a USB plug on the front of the unit I hooked my phone up to that and played some fav tracks. It added so much warmth and depth I was really surprised! Still some of the recordings leave a lot to be desired but they still had improved clarity and soundstage. Right now I’m listening to an old CD Elton John’s yellow brick road it’s not remastered or anything but it really brings it to life! This is a great player For Anyone that just listens to CDs I’m very happy! It’s gonna be a great weekend!

    been using a Marantz SA8005 SACD for a few years and love the sound! Rock on!!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

    HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • Navy_Goat
    Navy_Goat Posts: 349
    Ordered some Zu Audio DW as the starting point for a 2 channel rig a few weeks ago. Now I'm on the look out for an tube amp that wont break the bank. The DWs should be delivered by mid May.
    Polk Audio: SDA SRS 2.3tl, SDA 1C, SDA 2B (TL mod), Reserve 200 || Zu Audio Omen dirty Weekend MKII
    Marantz: NR-1509, ND-8006 || Anthem Pre-1L || Yamaha WXC-50 || NAD 7175
    Technics: SL-1710, SL-Q2, SL-QD33 || Sony UDP-800 || Xbox One || Vincent Pho-8
    Parasound HCA 1500a || Adcom GFA-535 || Crown XLS-2002 || AkitikA GT-102 || Appj Miniwatt
    FX Audio P1 Tube Preamp || Fosi Audio Tube Phono Preamp || TEC Phono/Line Passive Pre
  • voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    I took a look, but can't find my old seller. who I got a Dared 300B Amplifier from... love these monoblocks but can't find any available!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

    HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,944
    I’d take Tony’s listening space over high end & lady gaga any day.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,552
    marvda1 wrote: »
    got my lumin u1 mini today, skip is welcoming me into the 21st century :D

    Send it on to me once you hate it (you won't). ;)
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

    "Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip