What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,567
    Echo Harry’s sentiment.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u

HT - Panasonic BDP/Tivo Bolt - Marantz SR5013 - Def tech C and In ceiling - Sony XBR 75"
  • Mike ReeterMike Reeter Posts: 3,934

d61s6kyl0x48.jpg

Mike that room looks so great, I'll post it again for you.

I remember the front view with the panels which I saved, but I don't remember seeing the turntable to the right.

I'm sure it is relaxing to sit there even without music and enjoy what you have accomplished.
    Harry

Thank you Harry, very kind of you. Being Retired, I'm afforded the time to set and enjoy anytime I feel the 'need', which is about every day :)

SDA SRS 2.3TL's/SDA SRS 3.1TL's/SDA CRS+4.1TL's and some other stuff
  • LoStringsLoStrings Posts: 38
    tratliff wrote: »
    I have been told that the 2m bronze I now have on this turntable needs about 50 hours to break in. I put about 8 on it today. I think it has about 15 now and seems to be opening up.

jhynwnd1kwzt.jpeg

I have the same table, and also had a 2m Bronze on it..but I ended up going to a Denon DL-103 LOMC, and for me, it just opened up a whole new ear opening experience. It just took that table up a few notches..these Denon’s are special.

• butterbeanbutterbean Posts: 234
    You’re my hero!
    LoStrings wrote: »
    I have been told that the 2m bronze I now have on this turntable needs about 50 hours to break in. I put about 8 on it today. I think it has about 15 now and seems to be opening up.

jhynwnd1kwzt.jpeg

I have the same table, and also had a 2m Bronze on it..but I ended up going to a Denon DL-103 LOMC, and for me, it just opened up a whole new ear opening experience. It just took that table up a few notches..these Denon’s are special.

I have a Denon DL-103R that is potted in a Paradox Pulse Guard. A very good Cartridge for the price of admission.

When she wears down, I have plans on sending it to SoundSmith for their Ruby Cantilever upgrade. Owners have stated this takes the 103R to a whole different level.

• nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,771
    verb wrote: »
    Maiden voyage on the Acoustat Spectra 1100’s! 😀
    g8b778p3648z.jpeg

first impressions?
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • verbverb Posts: 10,203
    edited March 28
    Well John, I must say thanks for your recommendation! I love a great deal, and I think I got one with these babies! Only 3 hundie! :smile:

First impressions:
    Exquisitely detailed highs! Airy, in fact. Mid's a bit less body, as compared to the SRS's (expected) and definitely in need of a sub! I knew the lower bass response would never match that of the SRS, just based on the specs, but still what was there had good attack and was never boomy. I'll play around with the placement a bit, but if you like bass, then this would be a great pairing with a good sub.

Very sensitive to toe-in. In fact, the manual recommends an equilateral triangle arrangement between the listening position and spacing between the speakers.

Overall, I am very happy! I like them very much. Sure, not the SRS big rig performance, but an excellent performer (and great value) overall.

Thank you sir! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • halohalo Posts: 5,568
    verb wrote: »
    Well John, I must say thanks for your recommendation! I love a great deal, and I think I got one with these babies! Only 3 hundie! :smile:

First impressions:
    Exquisitely detailed highs! Airy, in fact. Mid's a bit less body, as compared to the SRS's (expected) and definitely in need of a sub! I knew the lower bass response would never match that of the SRS, just based on the specs, but still what was there had good attack and was never boomy. I'll play around with the placement a bit, but if you like bass, then this would be a great pairing with a good sub.

Very sensitive to toe-in. In fact, the manual recommends an equilateral triangle arrangement between the listening position and spacing between the speakers.

Overall, I am very happy! I like them very much. Sure, not the SRS big rig performance, but an excellent performer (and great value) overall.

Thank you sir! :smile:

Do they recommend using a flashlight (from your listening position of course) to shine on the panels to make sure you are in the sweet spot?
  • verbverb Posts: 10,203
    Nope but I have a tape measure! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS,Cary SLP-05 Pre,Enlightened Audio Designs CD Transport,Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC,Cambridge 851N streamer,Marantz SA-14 SACD,McIntosh MC300 Amp,Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Digital Cable,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Pangea Power Cables,Wireworld Oasis 8 RCA IC's,MIT Shotgun S3 IC's,MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC,EAR Acute CD Player,EAR 834L Pre,Northstar Designs Intenso DAC,PASS ACA Monoblocks,Denon UDR-F10 Cassette,Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers,SVS SB12 Plus sub,MIT AVt2 speaker cables,IFI Purifier2,AQ Cinnamon USB cable,Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Antique Sound Labs Wave AV-8 Monoblocks,Tisbury Mini Passive Pre,Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38),Analysis Plus Oval 9's,Zu Jumpers,AudioEngine B1 Streamer,Klipsch RB-61 v2,SVS PB1000 sub,Blue Jeans RCA IC's
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated,Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer,Rotel RCD-1072 CD player,Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner,Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers,Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
  • stangman67stangman67 Posts: 1,328
    Bought a few things to prepare for my (eventual) return home!
    2 Channel - Dual Purpose system in the works

Polk LSIM707 I Polk LSIM 706C I Modwright SWL9.0 Anniversary Pre I Marantz AV7707 I B&K Ref 200.7 I Rega P6 w/ Ania MC I Rega Fono MC I Audience Ohno ICs/Audience Forte F3 Power Chord/Acoustic Zen Satori I Cambridge 851N

• dromundsdromunds Posts: 8,861
    What kinda LP rack is that? Nice
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 9,115
    edited April 2
    It's the Walmart version of the Ikea Kallax. I believe it's branded Better Homes & Garden. 8 square, there's two empty squares under the picture because new records are expensive but I'm getting there.

afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • displaynamedisplayname Posts: 676
    Nightfall wrote: »
    It's the Walmart version of the Ikea Kallax. I believe it's branded Better Homes & Garden. 8 square, there's two empty squares under the picture because new records are expensive but I'm getting there.

Bold choice leaving the bottom empty, but sounds like it's pretty solid if you have it that top heavy and don't have any swaying issues.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Usher T-515 or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 1,049
    dromunds wrote: »
    What kinda LP rack is that? Nice

I have 5 of the Kallax. They are these:

gi5q61nmkdz4.bmp

I laid them on their side and stacked them. I also left out two of the shelves when I built them. Gives more room to flip through the records. Very sturdy. I also like how I get to use the top. The stack of three has my R2R on top. And the 2 to the left serve as my working area for sleeves of records currently in play.

jd3mkveak7n5.jpg

2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, 2 REL Carbon Limited, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Denon DP-59l w/Ortofon 2m Bronze, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Technics RS-1500, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 25,758
    Nightfall wrote: »

Bold choice leaving the bottom empty, but sounds like it's pretty solid if you have it that top heavy and don't have any swaying issues.

e11bw99hkttv.png

(actually, the above-pictured catastrophe is, as most of y'all know, the result of "pilot error" -- to wit, assembling the shelving 90 degrees out of phase ;) with respect to the correct configuration)

^^^Looks like the Turntable took a hit :# ^^^
  • motorstereomotorstereo Posts: 1,497
    ^^^^Sad as all it would've taken to stop that is one 45 degree brace in one of the squares
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 25,758
    ^^^^Sad as all it would've taken to stop that is one 45 degree brace in one of the squares

Or assembling the shelving correctly.

I reassembled one of mine after we moved and carelessly did it wrong -- someone noticed my gaffe when I posted the photo (me?! imagine that?!?) someplace on teh interwebs -- so I took it apart & put it together again the right way.
    The horizontal shelves are full-width as designed. Put it together that way and all's well.
    Assemble it with the full-width shelves vertically oriented and, sooner or later, hilarity ensues. :|

ooyhdsq7ownl.png
  • zarrdosszarrdoss Posts: 2,551
    I turned it on and listened to it.
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,928
    edited April 6
    Of the Expedit now Kallax IKEA shelves would the 4X4 be more stable than the 5X5, if full of albums? I would have no issues buying more than one if needed. I currently have about 45 milk crates of albums. Thank you.
  • tratlifftratliff Posts: 1,049
    aprazer402 wrote: »
    Of the Expedit now Kallax IKEA shelves would the 4X4 be more stable than the 5X5, if full of albums? I would have no issues buying more than one if needed. I currently have about 45 milk crates of albums. Thank you.

I am not sure how you can get more stable than the singles stacked like I have. A 4x4 is as easy as buying 4.
    2 Channel
    Legacy Focus SE, 2 REL Carbon Limited, McIntosh C50, McIntosh MC601's, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Parasound Halo JC3, Denon DP-59l w/Ortofon 2m Bronze, Marantz SA-14s1, Oppo BDP-105, Technics RS-1500, Furman Elite 15PFi, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Interconnects, Douglas Connection (Furutech) Alpha Speaker Cables, Pangea Power Cables
  • aprazer402aprazer402 Posts: 1,928
    edited April 6
    aprazer402 wrote: »

I am not sure how you can get more stable than the singles stacked like I have. A 4x4 is as easy as buying 4.

Thanks. I meant to say I would possibly buy two 4X4 units or two 5X5 units, to accommodate all I have. Just wondering if the smaller 4X4 unit was more stable if full of albums vs. the 5X5. I do like your stacked piece configuration as that is a possibility for a small listening room I have.
    Post edited by aprazer402 on
  • hochpt21hochpt21 Posts: 5,279
    My first was a 4x4 Expedit that I put corner braces in each shelf and a backing board on. Extremely solid. It now holds toys :D

Now I have a pair of 2x4’s Kallax for the records that work great.

Overall, really great solution.
    Speakers - GoldenEar Triton 2
    Man Cave
    Turntable - Pro-Ject 2.9 Wood/Grado Gold
    Integrated Amplifier - Rogue Audio Cronus Magnum II
    CD: Cambridge Audio
    Speakers - LSiM 703; SDA 2A; Epos Epic 2
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 22,771
    steveinaz wrote: »
    New and old technology, working together. Very cool.

Kind of like an 80 year old man marrying a 24 year old...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Krell Evolution 505 SACD Player, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds.

I swear by my life and my love of it that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine.” .

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 4,567
    You will like
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AS-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u

HT - Panasonic BDP/Tivo Bolt - Marantz SR5013 - Def tech C and In ceiling - Sony XBR 75"