Candy store for OPPO owners?

Comments

• https://youtu.be/6otRfa0XfEE
    Another company called Clones Audio also makes an upgrade power supply for the Oppo's.
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    edited October 2019
    Whoa did you see the cost?
    400 for standard
    600 for deluxe
    Half the cost of my player no thank you
  • https://www.clonesaudio.com/accessories-1

Clones audio also makes an upgraded power supply for the Pioneer UDP-LX500 and 800 players.
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    I was pretty sure I was going to sell my unopened 205 but now this might be fun too.
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Whoa did you see the cost?
    400 for standard
    600 for deluxe
    Half the cost of my player no thank you

Wait, is this your first exposure to the audiophile product model?

;)
  • Mikey081057
    Mikey081057 Posts: 7,127
    Oppo 203's and 205's are going for sick money right now.

My New Year's resolution is 3840 × 2160

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Patio | Polk Atrium 8's | Yamaha R-N303BL |

Office BlueSound Node| KEF LS50 | Peactree Nova 125SE |

Bedroom | Focal 905's | Chromecast Audio |

Garage | Polk Monitor 5B's

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mhardy6647
    Oppo 203's and 205's are going for sick money right now.

That started approximately the moment OPPO announced that they were gettin' out of the hardware business, as I recall. :|
  • Mikey081057
    $5K for a NIB 205?

Family Room| Marantz AV7704| Usher Dancer Mini - 2 DMD Mains |Usher Dancer Mini-x DMD's Surrounds | Usher BE-616 DMD Center | SVS Ultra Rear Surrounds | Parasound Halo A21 | Parsound Halo A52+ | MIT Shotgun S3's | Dual SVS SB 4000 Ultras | Oppo UDP 203 | Directv Genie HD DVR | Samsung 75" Q8 QLED | PSAudio Stellar GCD | Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ | Lumin U1 Mini | HP Elite Slice PC | ROON'd for life |

ManCave: HT:Polk LSiM 706VR3 LSiM 703's LSiM 702's|| Marantz AV7002 AV PrePro Sunfire TGA-7401| Sony PS4 Pro| Sony PS4 Pro|SVS PB13 Ultra| Oppo UDP 203 | Music Hall MMF 5.3se TT w/ Soundsmith Carmen | Samsung 55" SUHD TV | Sony PS4

Closet Yamaha M80 | 2 Polk MP3K subs| Yaqin MC100B with Shuguang Treasures KT 88's & CV181Z's | Tesla E83CC's | Marantz 2252B | Marantz 2385 |Polk SDA SRS 2.3 | LSiM 705's |
  • mhardy6647
    $5K for a NIB 205?

OK, they've appreciated a wee bit ;)

Yeah, well... I mean, remember the Cabbage Patch Doll craze?
  • daddyjt
    daddyjt Posts: 2,305
    I’m surprised no one has moved into the space vacated by Oppo yet. Although maybe I should not be - commentary on the state of physical media?
    "Conservative Libertarians love the country, progressive leftists love the government." - Andrew Wilkow

“Human beings are born with different capacities. If they are free, they are not equal. And if they are equal, they are not free.”
    ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

• pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,477
    daddyjt wrote: »
    I’m surprised no one has moved into the space vacated by Oppo yet. Although maybe I should not be - commentary on the state of physical media?

Pioneer and Panasonic did somewhat.
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    I wonder if anyone tried to buy the DVD player design, and parts used from Oppo. Then they could build an equal, or bettor, player.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314

Evidently not yet anyway, I just sold an OPPO UDP-203 for $1215.00.

• pitdogg2 wrote: »

Pioneer and Panasonic did somewhat.

Yes they both did (especially Pioneer) and both oppomod and clones have upgrades for those players.
  • mhardy6647
    edited February 2020

Probably (mostly) the latter, I would reckon
    What exactly was OPPO's space? My initial impression of OPPO was high-value, high-ish performance digital media players... but they quickly became not inexpensive, and then they were just gone.

• Mikey081057
    I think they were a very good value at their price point and would have paid more for the quality that they delivered.

Their CS was V.Good also.

I just think they saw the market drying up and couldn't foresee profitability.

• afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    The prophecy is fulfilled.
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    $5K for a NIB 205?

Darn I was thinking they topped at 3K
    honestaquarian Posts: 3,186
    Man this Corona Virus!
    I can understand now why the various stock markets are sinking like they're in quicksand.
    The BD-ROM stabilizer from Oppomod is coming from Korea and it FINALLY has made it to these shores in New York according to the tracking information and I'm just waiting for it to make it down the coast to DC.
    The power supply upgrade from Clones Audio was supposed to be coming from China, but he had to have it made in Taiwan instead (or at least part of it maybe as I did not fully understand his e-mail that was not translated very well) So anyway that will be another four weeks he told me.
  • honestaquarian
    Ooooooookay
    The Oppomod BD-ROM stabilizer tracking showed it out for delivery and then later that day when the postal carrier arrives, she doesn't have it. Then the tracking shows it being sent back to Korea?!?!?!?!?!?!
    The seller has it now and is waiting for a good time to ship it back to me because of Covid-19.
    The power supply just arrived from Clones audio in China today.
    I'm about to bleach spray it down and open it up.
  • honestaquarian
    qcqjj2bwwksl.jpeg
    cf8fqc5tpjdm.jpeg
    2b3tmi6njss9.jpeg
    u41beh11olzl.jpeg
    zxhb8kyfnir7.jpeg
    dbwxekxd4h5b.jpeg

Man this thing from Clones Audio is gorgeous! o:)
    Just look at the base plate and how thick it is. B)
    Heavy too ;)
  • honestaquarian
    oxqm895bo9lh.jpeg

This is the Deluxe model power supply upgrade
  • honestaquarian
    Okay lady and gentlemens ;)
    I am going to attempt to PRETEND I am even HALF the expert reviewer that @DarqueKnight is and install this sucker and give you all some before and after impressions.
    Right now I am trying to decide how I can or even should go ahead and do this as part of my upgrade is back in Korea!
    Should I wait until the BD-ROM stabilizer FINALLY actually gets delivered and do this all at once?
    Or should I just put this in and then do this all over again once it it arrives?
    It is NOT a quick or easy proposition trying to pull that somebitch out of the rack. As I have not only an HDMI cable, but a stereo pair of XLR's AND all of the analog audio outs going to my preamp. Nevermind the network cable and huge upgraded power cord.
    I would take a pic of the spaghetti nightmare behind my rack, but I don't want to cause this thread to derail :#;):D
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,034
    Do it and listen for differences, then do it again and repeat the process.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • honestaquarian
    cft3ip4n001c.jpeg
    We have a color match!
    spt1tcvxzrrc.jpeg
    Time for surgery
    @nooshinjohn I blame you for this ju fargon somenomebench!