What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,987
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    New speakers have been set up...the pictures don't do the finish justice. Absolutely gorgeous.
    oogcmazmugto.jpg
    45bk4jvkhulp.jpg
    Looks awesome B) Is that a Kenwood KD-500 tt? Maybe the front badge is missing?
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,640
    edited March 2020
    jdjohn wrote: »
    New speakers have been set up...the pictures don't do the finish justice. Absolutely gorgeous.
    oogcmazmugto.jpg
    45bk4jvkhulp.jpg
    Looks awesome B) Is that a Kenwood KD-500 tt? Maybe the front badge is missing?

KD-550. Good eye. Same TT but the 550 came with a tonearm already installed.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Bud....Do NOT judge right now. The best is yet to come, with the very best happening about 2 weeks from now based upon how much you listen.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    edited March 2020
    Yes, the whole stereo needs to break in again since I turned everything off while the one amp was gone. That’s fine though. Just means I will appreciate it more. However, after listening to a TV music channel with a sound bar, the stereo sounds awesome. :)
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Wait until you retire. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember what day it is, let alone the date. :)

Everyday is Saturday! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • treitz3
    When I got the Canary in? Bliss....faded off to a tad bit less than bliss.Changed the tubes? EXCELLENCE redefined until about a week in when the entire system sounded like crap.

Two weeks later? Better than I had ever thought possible. Good things come to those who wait.

While we may be on completely opposite sides of the WORLD when it comes to other things? You are my brother from another mother when it comes to audio.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,009
    edited March 2020
    I had a BIG Thunder storm roll through here tonight.

I had just plugged the Tritons back in the other day and also my big NAD receiver too.

After hearing a couple BIG booms in the distance and coming my way, I went out in the pouring rain ( with an umbrella ) and unplugged everything. EVERYTHING. They'll live for another session or more.

We get some big bolts down here! No surge protector can protect against these things. >:)
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • BlueFox
    Tony M wrote: »

After hearing a couple BIG booms in the distance and coming my way, I went out in the pouring rain ( with an umbrella ) and unplugged everything. EVERYTHING. They'll live for another session or more.

Your gear is outside?

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M

Your gear is outside?

LOL... :o

NO. Some or most of my stereo stuff is out in an outbuilding at the end of my driveway. 20 ft. away probably from the back of my house. You can see the house's back porch roof on the left in this picture. The water from the deluge tonight put an inch deep water level on the drive. :#
    nnoijzk5hr85.png
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Hooked up a "New to me" Halo A21. Resting on the top shelf atm, until I get around to reworking the Rack to accommodate it.

Short review to follow after I've had some time with it.

58hk25pez022.png

Nice to see it has a happy new home!
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • Dr_Wu
    Dr_Wu Posts: 305
    Thanks to @sgmsmg I've been falling for the sound of my SDAs connected to my Halo A21 by a like new pair of Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7s. First thing I had to do is lower the gain on my sub! Great bass. Improved clarity and articulation in all ranges. Feeling very fortunate tonight.
  • sgmsmg
    sgmsmg Posts: 542
    Dr_Wu wrote: »
    Thanks to @sgmsmg I've been falling for the sound of my SDAs connected to my Halo A21 by a like new pair of Wireworld Eclipse Silver 7s. First thing I had to do is lower the gain on my sub! Great bass. Improved clarity and articulation in all ranges. Feeling very fortunate tonight.
    Happy you are enjoying them!
    2 Channel
    Pre:Bryston BP173
    Amp:Bryston 14B3
    Speakers: Golden Ear Triton Reference
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Bryston BDA-3, Bryston BDP-3, Bryston BCD-3, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 Speaker, Wireworld Gold Eclipse 7 XLR, AQ Diamond USB/HDMI
    Power: PS Audio P10 Regenerator, AC12, AC10 and AC5 Cables
    Display: Sony XBR65Z9F

Home Theater
    Pre: Anthem AVM90/JBL SDP-55
    Amps: Parasound A31, A51x2
    Speakers: Polk LSiM 707 (FL/FR), Polk LSiM706 (Center), LSiM 703 (SL/SR/SBL/SBR), Polk 900-LS (Atmos)
    Subwoofers: SVS SB16 x 4
    Source: Oppo UDP-205, Apple TV, Amazon Fire
    Cables: AQ Meteor/Rocket 88, AQ Niagara/Sky
    Power: Torus AVR20, Shunyata Denali, Shunyata Delta, Cullen, PangeaAC9SE Cables
    Display: Sony XBR85Z9G
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,557
    Hooked up a "New to me" Halo A21.

Replacing your tube amps, or just to have on hand as a SS option to switch to occasionally?
  • treitz3
    Unplug everything.

Lightning storm. first in a while...

T
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    edited March 2020
    Clipdat wrote: »
    Hooked up a "New to me" Halo A21.

Replacing your tube amps, or just to have on hand as a SS option to switch to occasionally?

First intention was to find an SS Amp for a back-up. After listening to the A21 for a short while, I may rethink that position ;)

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    verb wrote: »
    Wait until you retire. Sometimes it takes me a while to remember what day it is, let alone the date. :)

Everyday is Saturday! :smile:

Like that ol' I Dream of Jeannie episode!
    ... although that was Sunday -- but same idea. :)

https://youtu.be/i4Pf1IVnpjA
  • displayname
    displayname Posts: 1,126
    a3sz5nxqzu2i.jpg
    oogcmazmugto.jpg
    45bk4jvkhulp.jpg
    i6e41ch5vvl5.jpg

Very nice! I'm so jealous of all this new gear people are getting during lockdowns. Can't wait to get into a new place and get everything set up again.
    Analog: MoFi MasterTracker > MoFi UltraDeck > Sutherland 20/20
    Digital: Cambridge CXC / Streaming > Cambridge CXN v2
    MastersounD Dueventi > Rosso Fiorentino Certaldo or Arcam rHead > Hifiman HE4XX
    Discogs
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Got really tired of coming on here and only reviewing the Beer Flu thread.
    Thank you all of you for getting me back on the audio - I need to pull my head out of my ...

I have been on the fence @Mike Reeter about the Parasound A21+ as it would take some work to rearrange the setup to accommodate a hot amp (Class D's run quite cool)
    I'll be looking for your impressions (even though it's the previous run) on it soon!

Ryan, beautiful setup my man, bet it sounds glorious.

• Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    joecoulson wrote: »
    Thank you all of you for getting me back on the audio - I need to pull my head out of my ...

I have been on the fence @Mike Reeter about the Parasound A21+ as it would take some work to rearrange the setup to accommodate a hot amp (Class D's run quite cool)
    I'll be looking for your impressions (even though it's the previous run) on it soon!

Ryan, beautiful setup my man, bet it sounds glorious.

I was in talks with a Dealer about a new A21+. But, being as we have been hemorrhaging cash every day, I decided to go the least expensive route. I ended up with a VERY nice A21.

For my current wants/needs this Amp takes care of that inch very well.

• BlueFox
    joecoulson wrote: »

I don’t think anyone was forcing you to read the flu thread.

Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Tony M
    Going to plug it all back in. :p
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,420
    edited March 2020
    up2shbj5ntbl.png

Hey good job! One step closer to just 2 speakers and a chair between them! Also like the disinfectant spray...

Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • Tony M
    409 is the BEST. ;)
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    Added a second pair of Analysis Plus ICs to the system. Like the results.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    indyhawg wrote: »
    Added a second pair of Analysis Plus ICs to the system. Like the results.

The Crystal ovals ? Which ones dog ? :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,862
    solo crystals
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,902
    marvda1 wrote: »
    solo crystals

I figured Marv, just wanted to see if he wasn't drunk enough yet to remember. :)
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable