What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,926
    Wardsweb wrote: »
    Home theater time. Went with a 75" Samsung. Put a Diva Seduction 2A3 on the horns and a Behringer NU6000 on the bass bins.

denhometheater.jpg

To paraphrase Roy Scheider’s famous line in Jaws.
    I think you're gonna a bigger pair of horns.

B)

https://www.cinemablend.com/new/Hilarious-Way-Jaws-Came-Up-With-Its-Most-Famous-Line-116997.html

• tratliff
    tratliff Posts: 1,651
    joecoulson wrote: »
    @tratliff nice. I have that same center too. Love Def Tech for HT purposes. What do you have for surrounds?

I have the Def Tech BP-2X and Def Tech Pro-Monitors. I also have two pair of Def Tech towers that are not in use.
    2 Channel Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II, 2 REL Carbon Limited, Norma Revo IPA-140B, Lumin U2 Mini, VPI Prime w/SoundSmith Zephyr MIMC, Modwright PH 150, Denon DP-59l w/Denon DL-301MKII, AudioQuest Thunderbird Speaker and Interconnect Cables, AudioQuest Niagara 7000 w/Dragon and Hurricane Power Cables
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,230
    Oh, I'd bet you and the family thoroughly enjoy that! Nice, as always.

I think my favorite looking room you had was the LR? The rig where you had dual ML's or dual Quad's stacked on top of each other with some really nice gear associated with it. IIRC, this was about 10 years ago? Cool looking rig, to say the least...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • Mike Reeter
    Mike Reeter Posts: 4,314
    halo wrote: »
    Swapped out the KEF Q150's for the Polk Legend L200's

Hey Victor, glad to hear that they made it to your place.

• BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Turned the amps on last night (Monday) before I went to bed. This gives them almost 24 hours to warm up so they will sound best for a Tuesday night music session.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • treitz3
    I will be installing a "Little Birdie" today...

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    mhardy6647 wrote: »

The interesting question'll be if you (ever) want to switch back. ;)

Mark, at the price of admission ($1799) they are, unfortunately, beyond my means at this time :( So, even if I wanted to swap them out permanently, it would be a long time before that would happen.
    Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • mhardy6647

The interesting question'll be if you (ever) want to switch back. ;)

Mark, at the price of admission ($1799) they are, unfortunately, beyond my means at this time :( So, even if I wanted to swap them out permanently, it would be a long time before that would happen.

I hear you, sir.
    They still strike me as a bit pricey for what they are... but I am probably not their target market, anyway :)
  • CH46E
    CH46E Posts: 3,521
    phipiper10 wrote: »
    Brought home a pair of Harbeth 30.1 for a one week demo!

Nice! I absolutely love the finishes they use on thier cabinets.
  • lightman1
    lightman1 Posts: 10,776
    Turned it up to 11. Life is good
  • Gardenstater
    Gardenstater Posts: 4,136
    @phipiper10 please do a review and compare them to Polk M5 and M7s if you have that ability to get your hands on one of those. Always interested in how the old Polks stand up to pricey but similarly sized well regarded speakers like Harbeths.
    George / NJ

Polk 7B main speakers, std. mods+ (1979, orig owner)
    Martin Logan Dynamo sub w/6ft 14awg Power Cord
    Crown D150 amp
    Logitech Squeezebox Touch Streamer w/EDO applet
    iFi nano iDSD DAC
    iPurifier3
    iDefender w/ iPower PS
    Custom Steve Wilson 1m UPOCC Interconnect
    iFi Mercury 0.5m OFHC continuous cast copper USB cable
    Custom Ribbon Speaker Cables, 5ft long, 4N Copper, 14awg, ultra low inductance
    Custom Vibration Isolation Speaker Stands and Sub Platform
  • TEAforONE
    TEAforONE Posts: 999
    phipiper10 wrote: »
    Brought home a pair of Harbeth 30.1 for a one week demo!

Nice! Is this a potential purchase,or just a test drive? Or both??
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • It's a test drive with the idea being if they best the Tylers I will purchase them.

I will post some thoughts in few days. My Polk experience however, is limited to RT800i, rt55, lsi15 and those were more than 10 years ago.
    Analog Source: Rega P3-24 Exact 2 w/GT delrin platter & Neo TT-PSU Digital Source: Lumin T2 w/Roon (NUC) DAC: Denafrips Pontus II Phono Preamp: Rega Aria MK3 Preamp: Rogue RP-7 Amp: Pass X150.8 Speakers: Joseph Audio Perspective 2, Audio Physic Tempo Plus Cables: Morrow M4 ICs & Audio Art SC-5 ePlus, Shunyata PCs Misc: Shunyata Hydra Delta D6, VTI rack, GIK acoustic panels
  • mhardy6647
    Out of curiosity: do you use that Behringer amp for subwoofage, @wardsweb? Do you use their on-board DSP ?

One notes, in the context of @Wardsweb's post, that, in the interim, Behringer conservatized the cosmetics of their Class D amps, and also deleted the -- umm -- charming -- iNuke moniker. ;)
    https://www.parts-express.com/Search.aspx?keyword=behringer nx&sitesearch=true

abmmlbxr2h5e.png

That said, and FWIW, I remain perversely fascinated by these amps -- and the similar Crown "DriveCore" [2] amplifiers with DSP.
  • Wardsweb
    Wardsweb Posts: 899
    edited January 2020
    Out of curiosity: do you use that Behringer amp for subwoofage, @wardsweb? Do you use their on-board DSP ?

One notes, in the context of @Wardsweb's post, that, in the interim, Behringer conservatized the cosmetics of their Class D amps, and also deleted the -- umm -- charming -- iNuke moniker. ;)
    https://www.parts-express.com/Search.aspx?keyword=behringer nx&sitesearch=true

That said, and FWIW, I remain perversely fascinated by these amps -- and the similar Crown "DriveCore" [2] amplifiers with DSP.

This amp is used to drive the bass bins on the Klipsch Jubiliee speakers. I use a Behringer EP4000 for my Danley DTS-10 sub.

This is a NU6000. It is a straight 2 channel amp. I did consider the NX3000D, but I don't need the built in DSP processing. I use a EV DX-38 crossover.
  • mhardy6647
    edited January 2020
    Funny you mention the EV XOs... some day... I am gonna get up the gumption to configure & try these on the Frankenaltecs...

44483319062_904cddcd3e_b.jpgEV XOs by Mark Hardy, on Flickr

fully analog, though, are these.
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,559
    edited January 2020
    Very nice, I like the design. How's the action/noise of the slot loading CD mechanism? Is it quiet?

Edit: Pretty tidy design inside too:

6000CDT-inside.jpg
  • treitz3
    I bet it was Mike. LOL

Nice.

Tom