What did you do to your stereo rig today?

Comments

• codycatalist
    codycatalist Posts: 2,662
    Added some MIT EXPs2 cables. My problem is whenever I do one change or upgrade I also do something else so no idea if the changes I hear are due to the cables or speaker placement. However the length of the cables allowed me to move my rack from between the speakers to outside to the right of them.
    Just a dude doing dude-ly things

"Temptation is the manifestation of desire which equals necessity." - Mikey081057
    " I have always had a champange taste with a beer budget" - Rick88
    "Just because the thread is getting views don't mean much .. I like a good train wreck doesn't mean i want to be in one..." - pitdogg2
    "Those that don't know, don't know that they don't know." - heiney9
    "Audiophiles are the male equivalent of cat ladies." - Audiokarma Member
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    edited May 2019
    maxward wrote: »
    I swapped my old interconnects for the Groneberg I just received from @ALL212. So, apparently nothing much. The old ones (DAC to preamp) we’re Straight Wire Symphony II and too long for the purpose. I was pleasantly surprised with the new ones and told Aaron as much. The Odyssey website showed that they should be connected one way, but Klaus emailed me with the opposite recommendation. So I swapped ends thinking that could hardly make a difference, but i think it did. When I played Pop Pop by famous vocalist/mumbler Rickie Lee Jones, I was able to understand a bit more of the words. This is a nice, mostly acoustic, album that was used by the guy to demonstrate the Joule Electra to me when I bought it. At the time, I had not heard much of it. Thank you, Aaron.

Hey Aaron was reading through some old threads. IIRC, did you ever modify/upgrade your Joule?
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,408
    WOW! Nice! you'll have to start spending more time in the bedroom now!
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • verb
    audioluvr wrote: »
    WOW! Nice! you'll have to start spending more time in the bedroom now!
    Only if the Mrs kicks me out, cause I’ve been a bad boy! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    ^you typically stay for that behavior
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 24,981
    That dresser looks like something from a 1970’s waterbed room set...
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • verb
    So today is day 2 with these little guys, and having fun! They sound great! More critical listening is store for sure, but one thing I noticed almost immediately was the lower end was better, Seemed to be extended and a bit tighter compared to the Antique Sound Labs monoblocks.

Shpongle putting em through the test!
    cnui8fm22n1a.jpg

Another surprise for me was that these little heaters never really got that hot! Warm yes, concentrated toward the center of the heatsink, but not bad to the touch. Even after about 90 minutes of playtime. So, IMO no need for special measures to manage the heat.

Having fun for sure! Loving these little guys! :smile:
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    looks purposeful.

:)
  • nooshinjohn
    jdjohn wrote: »
    Got a used Micro Seiki MA-505 tonearm :) Yeah, it's missing a couple of bits, but those have been procured and are in transit. Bearings are in perfect working order. Ok, it's a little rough around the edges, but I got a good deal on it, and it should clean up enough to suit me. I'm much more about function over form when it comes to cosmetic issues, but that's just me.
    6qahlnd7aqp7.jpg
    jk6ldn44rt3f.jpg
    4g0tesgxnfmt.jpg

Spend some time with a good detailer and the proper tools and it should shine up like new. Good score.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • jdjohn
    jdjohn Posts: 2,973
    edited May 2019
    Thanks! Detailing is my specialty B) I like Peek cream or paste for polishing. It has diamond dust mixed into it. Greased Lightning is my go-to de-grimer for anodized aluminum oxidation as a first step. Unfortunately, I can't fix pitting :( Also need to clean and re-lube the VTA section.
    ev8my7ydfdsd.jpg
    It is all a little sticky, and not working as intended.
    "This may not matter to you, but it does to me for various reasons, many of them illogical or irrational, but the vinyl hobby is not really logical or rational..." - member on Vinyl Engine
    "Sometimes I do what I want to do. The rest of the time, I do what I have to." - Cicero, in Gladiator
    Regarding collectibles: "It's not who gets it. It's who gets stuck with it." - Jimmy Fallon
  • nooshinjohn
    You can take the pitted parts and have them reworked if you want to go that deep taking it apart.

• Willow
    Willow Posts: 10,854
    Willow wrote: »
    I replaced my Rotel transport with my Marantz. The silver face stuck out too much in the sea of black. I ended with cleaner looks and cleaner sound.

kdbrvzmac3ho.jpg
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 32,874
    I replaced my Rotel transport with my Marantz. The silver face stuck out too much in the sea of black. I ended with cleaner looks and cleaner sound.

kdbrvzmac3ho.jpg

I mean, a broad point black Sharpie could've taken care of that problem.

:#
  • gyosa
    gyosa Posts: 666

Tidal HIFI rocks .....

Why buy CD’s ?

Bk

indyhawg wrote: »
    Started a subscription to Tidal...finally. I am wondering WTH took me so long now.

Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Polk SDA 1c’s ( my first love .. ) , Kimber Kable 4TC, Sony 42” - BEDROOM

B&K EX-442 ( it will go in my casket when I die ... ) , PS Audio 4.6 preamp ( old school , but it still jams on ... ) , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - POOL

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Eversolo DMP-A8 , Yamaha wxc-50 , Kimber Kable 4vs , Salk Supercharged Song towers ( difficult choice between these and my family if I had to choose ... 😩 ) , Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED - DEN , MAIN RIG

Cambridge Audio 851n - sitting in the closet , for now

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - PATIO

DAYENS AMPINO ( thanks Verb ! ) , KEiiD streamer ( this was only 60 bucks ?? ) , Polk atrium 8SDi’s - KID’s BEDROOM
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Added a marine amp to the pontoon. It sounds so much better. Great upgrade.
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Not to sound stupid, but what is a ‘marine amp to the pontoon’? It sounds aquatic.
    Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    BlueFox wrote: »
    Not to sound stupid, but what is a ‘marine amp to the pontoon’? It sounds aquatic.

Marine amplifiers are similar to car audio amplifiers but the boards are dipped in an epoxy to seal the components from moisture intrusion.

A pontoon is a type of boat usually a large platform mounted on 2 or more pontoons (of floats) allowing for a large platform for aquatic parties, fishing, "camping" etc.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • BlueFox
    BlueFox Posts: 15,251
    Okay. Thanks. We went from land stereos to boats. :)

Lumin X1 file player, Westminster Labs interconnect cable
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD; Pass XP-22 pre; X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers; SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on source, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • Thorton
    Thorton Posts: 1,324
    Thanks ZLTFUL

jgihppcuca43.png
    yde2p0d4aips.png
    _____________________________________________________________________________________________
    Ethernet Filter: GigaFOILv4 with Keces P3 LPS
    Source: Roon via ethernet to DAC interface
    DAC: Bricasti M1SE
    Pre/Pro: Marantz AV8805
    Tube Preamp Buffer: Tortuga TPB.V1
    Amp1: Nord One NC1200DM Signature, Amp2: W4S MC-5, AMP3: W4S MMC-7
    Front: Salk SoundScape 8's, Center: Salk SoundScape C7
    Surround: Polk FXIA6, Surround Back: Polk RTIA9, Atmos: Polk 70-RT
    Subs: 2 - Rythmik F25's
    IC & Speaker Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, Signal Cable
    Power Cables: Acoustic Zen, Wireworld, PS Audio
    Room Treatments: GIK Acoustics
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633
    JL Audio....nice job @Thorton.
  • cortico
    cortico Posts: 587
    I’m replacing all cables with MIT T2 (period correct), one at a time! :)
  • verb
    Playing with the Acurus A80 after swapping out the power switch last week. Liking it so far! :smile:
    8f2jobewose1.jpeg
  • verb
    Looking good Jeff!
  • nooshinjohn

• voltz
    voltz Posts: 5,384
    edited May 2019
    wtg! very nice ..I have to use amp stand myself....nice!!!

oops this was for what Indyhawg was doin! So ROCK on my Man!!!
    2 ch- Polk CRS+ * Vincent SA-31MK Preamp * Vincent Sp-331 Amp * Marantz SA8005 SACD * Project Xperience Classic TT * Sumiko Blue Point #2 MC cartridge

HT - Polk 703's * NAD T-758 * Adcom 5503 * Oppo 103 * Samsung 60" series 8 LCD
  • indyhawg
    indyhawg Posts: 1,633

Congrats on that acquisition. I caught a demo of the Sugarcube last year at AXPONA. It was the most impressive thing we saw all day. It has been on my wishlist for a.while now.