Game of Thrones

Comments

• recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited June 2014
    Quick question for those that have read the book

Is Ramsey and Jon Brothers (same mother) or is the sir name snow used to show that your a **** child?
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • shawn474
    shawn474 Posts: 3,047
    edited June 2014
    Quick question for those that have read the book

Is Ramsey and Jon Brothers (same mother) or is the sir name snow used to show that your a **** child?

Snow refers to all **** children....
    Shawn
    AVR: Marantz SR-5011
    Center Channel: Polk LsiM706c
    Front: Polk LsiM703
    Rear: LSI fx
    Subwoofer: SVS 20-39pci
    Television: Samsung UN58NU7100FXZA
    DVD Player: Sony PS4
  • recoveryone
    edited June 2014
    gotcha, I notice those two are the only ones that have been call by that name. If I remember in season 3 they did not call the blacksmith kid snow (**** son of Robert Barathen)
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • DMara
    DMara Posts: 1,434
    edited June 2014
    gotcha, I notice those two are the only ones that have been call by that name. If I remember in season 3 they did not call the blacksmith kid snow (**** son of Robert Barathen)

http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Bastardy
    Gears shared to both living room & bedroom:
    Integra DHC-80.3 / Oppo BDP-105 / DirecTV HR24 DVR /APC S15blk PC-UPS
    Living room:
    LSiM707's / LSiM706c / LSiM702 F/X's / dual JL Audio Fathom F113's / Parasound Halo A51 / Panasonic 65" TC-P65VT50
    Bedroom:
    Usher Dancer Mini 2 Diamond DMD's / Logitech SB Touch / W4S STP-SE / W4S DAC-2 / W4S ST-1000 / Samsung 52" LN52B750
    Other rooms:
    Audioengine AP4's / GLOW Audio Sub One / audio-gd NFB-3 DAC / Audioengine N22
    audio-gd NFB-10.2 / Denon AH-D7000
  • recoveryone
    edited June 2014
    Thanks for that info link
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited June 2014
    Great wrap-up last night. Sure gonna miss Ayra & The Hound, good fight seen. Still missing one pesky dragon. Need a new Hand of the King. Tyrion gets his first kill, and second. Lord Varys didn't look so good when he heard the bells. Stannis saves The Wall. And Bran gets to meet The Children. Now the long wait begins for next season.
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    edited June 2014
    How long.... UGH!
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited June 2014
    Good season ending show. Not sure why they spent all that time on Danerys, didn't seem to move her story forward. Do . . . Not. . . Mess. . . With. . . the . . . Dwarf! In the book he shot him in the bowel - while he was taking a dump. The smell was described as awful!

Still hard for me to believe that Brienne could best the Hound in hand to hand combat, which of course didn't happen in the book.

Now the wait until next season . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    edited June 2014
    Have to agree ^^. They really pussified the Hound.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • chumlie
    edited June 2014
    tonyb wrote: »
    Have to agree ^^. They really pussified the Hound.
    Yaeh, but really looking forward to Franken-Moutain next season.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    edited June 2014
    I was out of town for the finale and couldn't find HBO anywhere, even got a lecture from a lady in a hotel bar who said the series was full of shame and disgust. Okay, Mrs. Nietsche, whatever you say. Finally, saw it a couple times now. Good ending with Arya sailing north, I'll bet she eventually rides a dragon along with the crippled Stark kid. Maybe the chubby kid with the Wilding girl at the wall will be the third. Anybody who's read the books and wants to PM me, I wouldn't be adverse to knowing. Kind of figure the crippled kid would be a dragon rider as the Children said he would never walk again but he'd fly. Pretty good speech by the Hound. I didn't think he came off as a **** in the fight scene, that Amazon killed a real tough guy way back in the beginning IIRC. Although I thought it was a weak moment in the plot when she just took off real quick-like looking for Arya, and then the Hound is yelling, "Kill me! Kill me!" real loud and she doesn't hear anything at all. Also, it was great that the Hand, who was always railing on the Imp about the ****, ends up with her, and she calls his name when she hears a noise causing the Imp to kill her. And then him. Couldn't quite make out if the Imp came through some secret passage to the Hand's living quarters. Its also so nuts that HBO always makes you wait so long for the next season.
  • recoveryone
    edited June 2014
    I thought Arya went South, She asked to go North and the Captain said no! No one wants to go north.
  • dromunds
    edited June 2014
    I could be wrong but after she whipped out the coin and mumbled the secret phrase I thought the captain did her bidding.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    edited June 2014
    dromunds wrote: »
    I could be wrong but after she whipped out the coin and mumbled the secret phrase I thought the captain did her bidding.
    I think the Capt. mentioned that he was going to Braavos and that is what Arya decided she wanted to do rather than go north.

She has wanted to go there because her "dancing master" was from there. Also, the killer Jaqen H'ghar is the one who gave her the coin and he offered to take Arya back to Braavos with him to teach her the secret ways of killing. She could end up a killing machine in time.
  • chumlie
    edited June 2014
    Damn rite the captain did her bidding. She could have been Jaqen H'gar for all he knows.
  • chumlie
    Looking forward to April.
  • Jimbo18
    chumlie, if you are looking forward to it, don't read any of the quotes from GRRM. Just sayin'.

We dropped cable but I read that the HBO streaming service is going to be released in conjunction with the return of GoT, so that will be a must-have for me, for a while at least.
  • chumlie
    Never thought about GRRM quotes till now. Season 4 will be in my hands tomorrow. May do the steaming too if not to spendy. Cut the cable years ago. One way or another I will be watching it. o:)
  • dromunds
    Me too! Frickin' long time me waits.
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Always such a long time between seasons. I wonder which season the show will get ahead of the books!
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • recoveryone
    saw a clip from the up coming season, Jimmy Kimmel had Arya on his show and they showed a short clip. she made it to Braavos and was at a Black and white door trying to get in, but the guy told her to go away.
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Can't wait for new season!
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    If the show follows the books, she gets in. And hold on . . .
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Jimbo18
    I read that this season is where they start making the biggest departures from the books, basically because they already veered some, and because they are starting to pass what has already been published. Doesn't look good for the next book to be completed this year.

However, I actually think that's a good thing. I am in the middle of the last book and would prefer not knowing everything that is going to happen.
  • pglbook
    pglbook Posts: 2,161
    I have watched all 4 seasons on DVD but do not have HBO. How can I watch Season 5 without having to add HBO to my Time Warner cable account? Thanks.
  • chumlie
    pglbook wrote: »
    I have watched all 4 seasons on DVD but do not have HBO. How can I watch Season 5 without having to add HBO to my Time Warner cable account? Thanks.

If you know anyone with HBO. Get there HBO go code.
  • chumlie
    Didn't disappoint, Looking forward to more.