Game of Thrones

Comments

• TCK
    TCK Posts: 231
    Stunt doubles
    8tbm4dx2x1k3.jpg
    - SDA 2B (1989, Oak Tops, 194s, Spikes)
    - Monitor 7B (1982 Peerless, Sonicaps, Mills, Dynamated, JB Welded, Binding Posts)
    - SVS SB12-NSD (2 in Flat Black)
    - SVS SB 3000 (Gloss Black)
    - Pioneer SC-1222K AVR
    - Marantz MM 7055 (5 Ch Amp)
    - Pioneer PD-D6 SACD Player
    - Marantz NR1403 AVR
    - Sony UBP-X800M2 (4k Blu-ray)
    - Sony UBP-X1100ES (4K Blu-ray)
    - Adcom GFA 555
    - Monitor 5 (194s, Side Surrounds)
    - Monitor 5Jr+ (194s)
    - LG OLED65CXPUA (4K OLED TV)
    - LG 55UN7300PUF (4K HD TV)
    - RT35i (Cherry)
    - CS400 (Center)
    - CS350 (Center)
    - F/Xi A4 (Rear Surrounds)
    - RT25 (Rear Surrounds)
    - Audioquest Cables

" But boy do I remember the strain of her refrain " LG
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    How much blood tomorrow night boys?
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    A-lot - wonder if Ramsey Bolton will take those 20 men and attack Stannis?
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • dromunds
    Die harpies die!
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Tough call for Stannis. Quite a few harpies left when she flew off.
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    Holy feck. That was an awesome episode.
  • dromunds
    Man oh man, where did all those Harpies come from? You'd think they'd have thrown spears at Dany the way they threw them at the dragon. And there sure were a lot left even after the Harpy bake. I have to admit I was surprised they opened the gate for Jon Snow. Will have to watch again because I didn't get the Arya stuff. Wonder what Little Finger is doing? And I thought Jaime was gonna get some nook, maybe still will in Dorne.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Some things in last nights episode didn't make sense to me. The Harpies.....where the heck was her 5,000 Sullies ? Only 20 or so to protect her ? That doesn't compute. When they surrounded her in the open, they clearly outnumbered them but only took them on one at a time ? If everyone of those Harpies rushed in at the same time, it would have been over quick. Should have taken a lesson from the White Walkers.

Also, Jamie, he's writing very well with his left hand, even though he's right handed. C'mon man....
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • drumminman
    Myrcella did comment that the document he was working on looked like it was written by a child.

That scene with the attacking harpies? Didn't happen in the book. Beginning about 2-3 episodes ago, the show has been forging a different path.

It made sense to me that the Harpies would only attack singly rather than in some mass coordinated effort. After all, they're assassins, not soldiers.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    I wish they had taken a different path much earlier. It would have been much more fun to see Oberyn and Tywin go at it behind the scenes. What happened was a bit of a flat liner but hopefully things will pick up. Lady Tyrell hopefully still has some fight left in her.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    drumminman wrote: »
    Myrcella did comment that the document he was working on looked like it was written by a child.

That scene with the attacking harpies? Didn't happen in the book. Beginning about 2-3 episodes ago, the show has been forging a different path.

It made sense to me that the Harpies would only attack singly rather than in some mass coordinated effort. After all, they're assassins, not soldiers.

Yeah, caught that comment, but he was writing way too fluidly with that left hand. He should have struggled some to enforce the hardships of losing that right hand.

Harpies....I dunno man, they attacked as a group when they had a few sullies cornered a couple episodes ago. Even when they were attacking the Sullies in the coliseum, in the stands, more than one Harpie was attacking one Sullie or bystander.

The Harpie clearly missed their golden opportunity when they had them out in the open surrounded and out numbered. Plus, where were the rest of the Sullies ? Must have been spring break. lol
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • drumminman
    The season ending episode should be good. Don't really give a s-h-*-t for Stannis anymore. He lost any moral high ground he may have had with what he did. From the looks on the faces of his men, they're having second thoughts about following him. If he'd do that to his own daughter no one's safe, friend or foe.

Maybe he Ramsey and Roose will kill each other!

I don't believe Elaria Sand is truly repentant either. Doran forced her to bend the knee, but I think she'll get up to a bit of mischief if the opportunity presents itself.

And meanwhile, Brienne and Pod are preparing to rescue Sansa. If only she'll stick that shiv she picked up in Ramsey and do him in . . .
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    I agree about Stannis. I thought he was kind of okay, but the Red Witch has him under her spell. I thought I caught her smiling when his daughter burned.
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    I trying not to read this thread as I havent watched it. Seems like interesting season.
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Best ending for any episode to date
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • drumminman
    Jimbo18 wrote: »
    Here's a deleted scene from this week's episode. Cleveland style.
    http://grantland.com/the-triangle/grantland-channel-lebron-james-torches-the-warriors/

Loved that!
  • chumlie
    Looking forward to the walk of shame.
  • drumminman
    That and the battle for Winterfell. Think Sansa will have a go at Ramsey ? It's about time for her to stop being a helpless victim.
  • chumlie
    Can't kill Ramsay. Who's everyone gonna hate then ? Beside the red witch and a few Stannis haters now.
  • drumminman
    Say it ain't so Jon Snow ! The future's not too bright for Melisandre . . . And Stannis - what were you thinking attacking Winterfell when half your troops deserted during the night. I think burning Shireen was his downfall.
  • drumminman
    And that evil Elaria . . .
  • chumlie
    I believe Melisandra will bring Snow back from the dead.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    I am starting to fear this is going the same way as Twin Peaks did a few years back...
  • D_M
    D_M Posts: 175
    chumlie wrote: »
    I believe Melisandra will bring Snow back from the dead.

Hopefully that happens, because I don't see who is left to root for. His main protector was able to save his friend, but not him. Come on writers, quit killing off the likable characters!!
  • dromunds
    There's something on the internet this morning where Jon Snow says he's not coming back next year. Of course, that doesn't mean he won't come back for the final year, because as you know, dead doesn't always mean dead. Unless they burn Jon Snow's body. Wonder if those dope Bolton's will be burning Stannis and all his men? Maybe the walkers will raise them up?? Killing that sweet Myrcella was hard to watch. Not to mention sweet Arya, she gonna do the Kung Fu blind master thing now or wha? I may as well cancel my HBO for a year I guess, I'm already jones-ing.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    This is the most maddening show I ever liked. Everyone liked Ned. Dead. Everyone liked Robb. Dead. Most liked Catelyn. Dead. Robb and Tyrion the only characters left to like. Robb - dead?

Yeah, I will keep watching next season, but man, it's tough to get behind this stuff.
  • gdb
    gdb Posts: 6,012
    Pardon what might seem like a dumb question. This comes from someone who doesn't read the books or analyze the episodes in great detail, but, how did Jon Snow get to be thought of as a "traitor" ? Consorting with the wildlings, or something else ? I'm beginning to think that the Night's Watch is even less honorable than the Vikings portrayed on that "other" show. :* Oh yeah, Arya ain't aging very well, is she ? Woof !
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    The traitor thing was the brothers of the Watch felt like he betrayed those who died defending against the Wildlings.

I think the White Walkers show up and raise Snow.
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip