Game of Thrones

Comments

• westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    chumlie wrote: »
    Didn't disappoint, Looking forward to more.
    Yeah, a good opener
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • gurot1
    gurot1 Posts: 519
    Don't have HBO anymore :( might get it for a few months just for this show :)
    lsim705,lsim706c,lsif/x(4)+mc80(atmos)
    rti6,csi5,fxi5
  • Nightfall
    Nightfall Posts: 10,042
    The first 4 episodes of season 5 have already leaked online if you know what you're doing.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • vcwatkins
    vcwatkins Posts: 1,993
    Thanks Nightfall. I'm taking care of that right now.
    Please don't judge me. :/
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Master: WiiM Pro * Dayens Menuetto * Zu Libtec * Dynaudio Audience 50
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • Nightfall
    edited April 2015
    No judgement. If they'd make it easier to pay for the episodes, I would. I'm not going to pay for cable and HBO on top of that just for one show and I'm sure many others are in the same mindset. I'd gladly get the HBO Now thing that just came out but it's only on Apple devices. Put it on Xbox and you have a customer. Same for Roku type devices and Playstation.

The 4 leaked episodes have already been downloaded over a million times.

• Nightfall
    codyc1ark wrote: »
    Nightfall wrote: »
    I'd gladly get the HBO Now thing that just came out but it's only on Apple devices. Put it on Xbox and you have a customer. Same for Roku type devices and Playstation.

• vcwatkins
    I actually get HBO thru DirecTV and binge watched GoT on HBOgo thru FireTV over the past few weeks. I'm hooked and just couldn't resist.
    Beach Audio: Rega RP6 (mods) - AT33PTG/II - Parks Budgie SUT - PSAudio NPC * Eversolo DMP-A6 * Schiit Yggy * Joule-Electra LA-100 mkIII * Pass Aleph 30 * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 2.3tl (mods) * PSAudio PPP3
    Beach Study: Pro-Ject Stream Box S2 Ultra & Pre Box S2 * Pass ACA * DH Labs SS Q10 * Brines Folded ML-TQWT RS 40-1354 * PSA Dectet
    Beach Den: Bluesound Powernode 2i * DH Labs SS Q10 * Zu Omen DWII * Richard Gray RGPC
    Town Study: WiiM Pro * Chord Qute (Pardo) * Elekit TU-8600 * MIT S3 * Revel M22 * Beyer DT-990 * Shunyata Hydra 2
    Town Den: Music Hall mm5.1se - Denon DL-103r - Jolida JD9ii (mods) * WiiM Pro * Cary xCiter * Rogue 99 Magnum * Schiit Aegir * MIT S3 * Polk SRS 1.2tl (mods) * Dectet * Bottlehead Crack - Senn 600
    Town Porch: WiiM Pro Plus * Sunfire Sig II * Canare 4S11 * Magnepan 1.6 * Dectet
  • txcoastal1
    txcoastal1 Posts: 13,119
    HBO now with Apple TV is 14.99mo
    2-channel: Modwright KWI-200 Integrated, Dynaudio C1-II Signatures
    Desktop rig: LSi7, Polk 110sub, Dayens Ampino amp, W4S DAC/pre, Sonos, JRiver
    Gear on standby: Melody 101 tube pre, Unison Research Simply Italy Integrated
    Gone to new homes: (Matt Polk's)Threshold Stasis SA12e monoblocks, Pass XA30.5 amp, Usher MD2 speakers, Dynaudio C4 platinum speakers, Modwright LS100 (voltz), Simaudio 780D DAC

erat interfectorem cesar et **** dictatorem dicere a
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    Tywin lives - he's with me B)
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    HBO Now is exclusive to Apple for 3 months, and some cable internet companies, apparently. Expect it to be available for Roku and others after that, but of course, GoT will be pretty much over for this season by then.

I read some time ago that some cable companies will let you pay for HBO even if you don't subscribe to cable tv, that way you can use HBO Go. But apparently, you have to know some special way of asking for it and it's different for different providers.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,961
    Hey Nightfall, what if I don't know what I'm doing?
  • Ron-P
    Ron-P Posts: 8,516
    We have Fire TV via Amazon and they recently added the HBO Go app. With our friends go code we get everything HBO. We also added their Sling TV, for $25 a month it includes about 25 live TV channels. So long cable, in another year you will not exist. We will be able to pay, cheaply and monthly for what we want instead of having to buy "packages" via cable companies.

If...
    Ron dislikes a film = go out and buy it.
    Ron loves a film = don't even rent.
  • vcwatkins
    edited April 2015
    drumminman wrote: »
    Okay, confession time: I've been looking at your avatar for, what, 6 months now, thinking "This guy looks cool, has an infectious positive, if dominating, intensity about him." The whole time I was looking at Tywin, LOL! Assumed the guy on the left was a nice looking band mate or something, hehe. What an idiot.

Never put it together until my son happened to notice the avatar yesterday and said, "Who's the guy with Tywin". Then I remembered the "Tywin is with me" post and realized it must have been you. Took my son about 2 seconds to realize what I had not figured out in 6 months. (headslap)
  • Polkie2009
    Polkie2009 Posts: 3,834
    Ok, you guys have finally talked me into checking this series out. I've never seen a single episode ever, so I ordered the Season One blu ray since Amazon has it on sale for $19.99.
  • dromunds
    Last night was good. Going to have to watch it again.
  • drumminman
    vcwatkins wrote: »
    Okay, confession time: I've been looking at your avatar for, what, 6 months now, thinking "This guy looks cool, has an infectious positive, if dominating, intensity about him." The whole time I was looking at Tywin, LOL! Assumed the guy on the left was a nice looking band mate or something, hehe. What an idiot.

Never put it together until my son happened to notice the avatar yesterday and said, "Who's the guy with Tywin". Then I remembered the "Tywin is with me" post and realized it must have been you. Took my son about 2 seconds to realize what I had not figured out in 6 months. (headslap)

I posted this last summer when I returned from vacation: http://forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/163694/game-of-thrones-fans-guess-who-i-met#latest

In the first pic we took he seemed a little out of sorts. As I thanked him and turned to walk back to my table he insisted we do another, and that's the one in my avatar. Once you know who he is you realize how many movies and mini series he has been in.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • drumminman
    GOT is seriously departing from the books this season. Interesting . . . wonder if G.R.R. Martin was involved in the scripts?
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,341
    I read the first four books before the series was produced for HBO. The fifth book, A Dance with Dragons, had a lot of well deserved criticism from fans. I couldn't make it all the way through that one even after picking it up a few times to try. One of the criticisms was the book had very little happen in it in a linear way compared to the others with a whole lot of aimless wandering. So, it's not surprising that the fifth season departs from the fifth book as it would not make for good TV to follow it. The sixth book was supposed to bring some of the many threads in book five together. I suspect the sixth season will be on HBO before that volume appears in print! From what I understand the author has already shared the "end" of the story with the producers so they can figure out what direction the author intended the story to go in to its conclusion. Hard to tell how long this series could go on for at this point. Could be one more season, could be five. Could be a self limiting series if they kill off a major character every couple episodes.
  • Jimbo18
    Emlyn wrote: »
    I read the first four books before the series was produced for HBO. The fifth book, A Dance with Dragons, had a lot of well deserved criticism from fans. I couldn't make it all the way through that one even after picking it up a few times to try. One of the criticisms was the book had very little happen in it in a linear way compared to the others with a whole lot of aimless wandering. So, it's not surprising that the fifth season departs from the fifth book as it would not make for good TV to follow it. The sixth book was supposed to bring some of the many threads in book five together. I suspect the sixth season will be on HBO before that volume appears in print! From what I understand the author has already shared the "end" of the story with the producers so they can figure out what direction the author intended the story to go in to its conclusion. Hard to tell how long this series could go on for at this point. Could be one more season, could be five. Could be a self limiting series if they kill off a major character every couple episodes.

I agree completely about the fifth book. I have been "reading" it for over a year now. The first 4 went pretty quickly, considering their size, but this last one just doesn't hold my interest for very long.

Supposedly, HBO would like 10 years from the series but the creators say it's going to end with season 7. They have the timeline in place now based on, as you said, the authors intended conclusion. I love the series but would rather see it end well rather than drag on because HBO needs a flagship show.

• drumminman
    Anyone else wonder about the fight scene at the end of episode 4 ? You have asassins, sons of the Harpy, armed with daggers facing off against the best fighters in the world, the Unsullied, armed with spears, shields and helmets. The tactics used by the Unsullied were, ummmm, pretty unbelievable. Why didn't they turn around and go back the way they came?

Why didn't they put their shields together, close ranks and form a bulwark?

A bit too hollywoodish for me.
  • Jimbo18
    Anyone else wonder about the fight scene at the end of episode 4 ? You have asassins, sons of the Harpy, armed with daggers facing off against the best fighters in the world, the Unsullied, armed with spears, shields and helmets. The tactics used by the Unsullied were, ummmm, pretty unbelievable. Why didn't they turn around and go back the way they came?

Why didn't they put their shields together, close ranks and form a bulwark?

A bit too hollywoodish for me.

Yeah, I agree. I thought The Unsullied looked more like The Untrained.

• dromunds
    Can somebody explain the bit with the Bolton boy marrying Sansa, where the gimp uses his real name when giving away the bride? What was the significance of that? And then when he makes him watch the scene at the end (which I assume was an act not in consumation of the marriage, if you know what I mean).
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited May 2015
    My guess is Ramsay just torturing them both for a little for fun.
  • dromunds
    Boy oh boy, Sansa will get even greater joy out of the death of Ramsay and his lineage. I guess they just don't like weddings on GOT. Thought for a minute Theon might actually kill him in the act. Wonder where Brianne is? Good episode.
  • drumminman
    My guess is Ramsay just torturing them both for a little for fun.

I think you're right. He rivals Joffrey for sheer sadistic evil.

I only hope that the Bolton's get what they deserve, and that Sansa has a hand in bringing 'em down. C'mon Stannis . . .
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited May 2015
    Cersie not very happy now. Stannis in the snow and Ramsay get's the last laugh again.
  • Jimbo18
    Cersie not very happy now. Stannis in the snow and Ramsay get's the last laugh again.

So far, it's turning into a very good season. And you forgot, Tyrion finally met "the Queen".

• dromunds
    Don't forget the prophesy was that Cersei would see all her children die before her.
  • dromunds
    What also struck me as weird was the Cersei seemed to please the High Sparrow when she first met him and gave him authority, as she was talking about how the crown and religion have to work together, etc etc. I was surprised when she was arrested. I would guess that she will not be not imprisoned that long. For one thing, the Iron Bank is due a LOT of money that they'll be out if the Lannister's cannot function and how can they function with a kid on the throne, the Imp in Merreen and Jaime in Dorne? I can't see the Iron Bank allowing that. Everybody's hoping Ramsay gets flayed, including me. Maybe Sansa will use that shank on him soon.