My Center Channel Project

westmassguy
westmassguy Posts: 6,850
edited April 2014 in DIY, Mods & Tweaks
This has been a journey, more than just a project. The question is asked frequently, "Which Center Speaker matches the Vintage Polk Models". Polk has recommendations, and I believe some of them now qualify as vintage too. This all started when I bought my Monitor 10s. The center I was using in no way matched the timber of the 10s. I've since used CRS+ and now use my SDA 2A-TLs as my fronts, for 2 channel and Home Theater use. I initially built a proto type center, for experimentation, never intending for it to be permanent. I used many different combinations of Polk drivers, Crossovers etc. It's been vented, PR'd, and actually sounded quite acceptable, even though it was undersized and aesthetically challenged.

100_1407.JPG
100_1409.JPG

Since I've now completed all the upgrades to my 2As, and have re-configured my 5.1 to a 7.1 system, using my Modified Monitor 5s and 4.6s, it was time to get serious and build a proper Center, that will match the 2A-TLs, and look professional.
Home Theater/2 Channel:
Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
Post edited by westmassguy on

Comments