Game of Thrones

Comments

• dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    One more thing: I thought Sam threw down the dragonglass when he killed the Walker and then he took off. How can he have dragonglass to give to Jon? And that baby of Gilly's was born a couple seasons ago, aina?
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    Don't know about the storyline but for some reason the sand snakes become much more interesting after last night... >:)
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    Sami wrote: »
    Don't know about the storyline but for some reason the sand snakes become much more interesting after last night... >:)

Amen to that.

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    Holy Crap !!! Walkers in the house.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited June 2015
    Looks like we have zombies too. Apparently they can be killed, but can also be resurrected by the WW's. Question: can the zombies turn those they attack into zombies by wounding them ala WWZ, or do they have to kill their victims? If the former, the giant may be trouble!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • chumlie
    They must be dead to turn. Simple bite will not do. Beside, these are killing zombies. Not flesh eating slow moving Walking Dead zombies.
  • drumminman
    Looks like Valyrian steel works as well as dragon glass (which btw is obsidian) on the WW's.

Winter is coming here!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    Man, it's about time the WW's showed up. Zombie or not, they are the slowest walkers I've ever seen. Last season ended with them coming, now it's like 2 years later and they still aren't to the wall yet.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    Well...when you have to throw yourselves off of every cliff you encounter...
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    ZLTFUL wrote: »
    Well...when you have to throw yourselves off of every cliff you encounter...

LMAO !!

You owe me some windex and paper towels chief.

HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Jimbo18
    Awesome episode. Loved the encounter between Danaerys and Tyrion for one thing. And, Jon became the much better character he has slowly been building up to be. Great battle. Oh, and seeing Cersei locked up will always be fun.
  • drumminman
    Agree, great episode. I watched it again tonight. The army of undead is some bad motor scooters!
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    drumminman wrote: »
    Agree, great episode. I watched it again tonight. The army of undead is some bad motor scooters!
    "bad motor scooters"...you watched the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony this weekend, didn't you??? :)

• drumminman
    I confess
  • dromunds
    I watched this episode three times now. Lots of subtle stuff going on that went over my head the first viewing. That devil leader of the walkers is one seriously evil dude. Now they'll probably lock Jon out when he gets back. Nice finding out about the Valerian steel, but they left a whole bunch of dragon glass behind. Really good episode, hard to believe only two left before I heebie-jeebie again for another year.
  • Jimbo18
    dromunds wrote: »
    I watched this episode three times now. Lots of subtle stuff going on that went over my head the first viewing. That devil leader of the walkers is one seriously evil dude. Now they'll probably lock Jon out when he gets back. Nice finding out about the Valerian steel, but they left a whole bunch of dragon glass behind. Really good episode, hard to believe only two left before I heebie-jeebie again for another year.

I assume it was the Valerian steel also, but could it have been something to do with Jon himself? We still don't know his real origin/parents. It was almost certainly not Ned Stark.
  • dromunds
    I guess I'm assuming it was the Valerian steel, could be wrong. The look on that Rider of the Apocalypse's face when the Valerian Steel wasn't shatter to pieces by his weird blade was priceless. Also priceless was the look of the King-devil walker when he gave Jon Snow that show of power by raising the dead. Frickin' creepy, and it portends that Jon Snow is gonna have to fight his own resurrected Watchers. Was disappointed when that good looking Wilding female was chewed up by the zombie children, thought Jon Snow was going to have himself another fling.
  • trav0810
    trav0810 Posts: 1,056
    Yeah, I thought she was going to have a bigger role. But when the kids got on a boat and she stayed, I knew it was going to end badly for someone.
    The difference between genius and stupidity is; genius has its limits.” -Albert Einstein

Sony Playstation 3 for CD and Streaming
    Thorens TD320
    Modified Carver C-1
    Carver TFM 42 and 45 Amplifiers
    Polk RTA15TL Speakers w/Decato mods
    White Lightning Moonshine DIY Speaker Cables and Interconnects
  • chumlie
    Just have Bran warg into Drogon. Problem solved.
  • dromunds
    Bran gonna ride a dragon.
  • drumminman
    [/quote]

I assume it was the Valerian steel also, but could it have been something to do with Jon himself? We still don't know his real origin/parents. It was almost certainly not Ned Stark. [/quote]

Ned was Jon's father, who his mother was I can't remember, but it was a short fling Ned had.
    dromunds wrote: »
    I guess I'm assuming it was the Valerian steel, could be wrong.

Indeed it was Valerian Steel. There were references to it in the book. Dragon glass is probably easier to come by since Valeria met its doom probably centuries before.
  • Jimbo18
    I am pretty sure that Jon wasn't Ned's son. Stannis doesn't think so either. Check back to his comments to his wife a few episodes ago when they were watching Jon in the yard below them. I don't remember all the other references, but Ned never came right out and said he was his.

My wild-a$$ guess, he is a Targaryen.
  • drumminman
    edited June 2015
    They addressed this in the book pretty clearly, that Jon has Ned's blood. What isn't quite as clear is who was the mother. This excerpt from Wiki jives with my memory of the books: awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Eddard_Stark See the section titled "Lord Of Winterfell".

Of course, GOT may treat this differently as they've already had several things happen that weren't in the books.
  • Sami
    Sami Posts: 4,634
    So Valerian steel will shatter the white walkers but has no effect on the "zombies"?
  • dromunds
    Or will it just shatter the kings of the white walkers?
  • Jimbo18
    I hadn't read this before I wrote what I did above, but check out the section on Lyanna Stark.

http://awoiaf.westeros.org/index.php/Jon_Snow/Theories
  • dromunds
  • drumminman
    Interesting. Mr. Martin would you clear this up for us?
  • chumlie
    edited June 2015
    Lord Commander of Nights Watch. This !!!!
    He is the son of Prince Rhaegar Targaryen and Eddard's sister Lyanna Stark.
  • drumminman
    He doesn't even have blond hair.