Comments

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited April 2014
    And the plot thickens.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited April 2014
    He He He . . . thought the death scene was exactly as descibed in the book. Great Special effects and Jack Gleason did a good job with it. The three most evil characters IMO: Cersei, Joffrey and Ramsey Snow. Everyone else show both good and evil natures.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    edited April 2014
    About time that little bastage got it. I was hoping for something a little more cruel though, like chopping off his head.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • marvda1
    marvda1 Posts: 4,853
    edited April 2014
    I was hoping one of the dragons would take him out.
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Preamp: deHavilland Ultraverve 3
    Dac: Sonnet Morpheus 2, Musical Paradise mp-d2 mkIII
    Transport: Jay's Audio CDT2 mk2, Lumin U1 mini
    Speakers: Rosso Fiorentino Volterra II
    Speaker Cables: Organic Audio Organic Reference 2
    Interconnects: Argento Organic Reference 2, Argento Organic 2
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    edited April 2014
    The Lanisters aren't the only ones who pay their debts
  • drumminman
    edited April 2014
    Winter is coming - beware the Wight Walkers. :eek:
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • drumminman
    edited April 2014
    Watched episode 2 again last night looking for clues as to who poisoned Joffrey. From reading the book I know who did it, but there is a clue in the episode that's plain to see. The director did a great job of distracting viewers though; he played kind of a shell game.

So . . . who do you think placed the poison?
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    edited April 2014
    drumminman wrote: »
    Watched episode 2 again last night looking for clues as to who poisoned Joffrey. From reading the book I know who did it, but there is a clue in the episode that's plain to see. The director did a great job of distracting viewers though; he played kind of a shell game.

So . . . who do you think placed the poison?

Now I want to watch it again..... I was thinking the bride or her mom.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • marvda1
    edited April 2014
    is the bride really the queen now since they never made it to the bedroom?
    Amplifiers: Norma IPA 140, MasterSound Compact 845, Ayre v6xe, Consonance Cyber 800
    Power Cables: Argento Organic Reference, Synergistic Research Foundation 10 and 12 ga.
    Puritan PSM156
  • xjghost
    edited April 2014
    marvda1 wrote: »
    is the bride really the queen now since they never made it to the bedroom?

I wondered that. So who would be heir? A brother?
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

• chumlie
    edited April 2014
    xjghost wrote: »
    I wondered that. So who would be heir? A brother?
    Brother is next in line.
  • drumminman
    edited April 2014
    Tommen is the heir. Get ready for the coming struggle as the Queen Regent attempts to regain her power. Gotta love the Queen of Thorns, played by Diana Rigg, one of the hottest women on TV in the 60's in a show called The Avengers.

Loved her in those black jump suits.
  • dromunds
    edited April 2014
    Maybe the Jester killed Joffrey? I never read the books. I seem to have a vague memory of the Red Witch or whatever her name was had those leeches and she put them on that guy who then named about four people who would die, and wasn't Joffrey one of them?
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited April 2014
    dromunds wrote: »
    Maybe the Jester killed Joffrey? I never read the books. I seem to have a vague memory of the Red Witch or whatever her name was had those leeches and she put them on that guy who then named about four people who would die, and wasn't Joffrey one of them?
    Nope. I caught onto what happened, don't want to spoil it for others here. Watch it again if you can, it's subtle...
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Face
    edited April 2014
    M3iDouy.gif
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • dromunds
    edited April 2014
    You saying Jaimie did it while he was "helping" him? Was he just choking and then he got poisoned? I'll watch it again tonight if that's not it.
  • Face
    edited April 2014
    I'm not saying that at all.
  • dromunds
    edited April 2014
    Guess I'll have to watch it again. I thought perhaps the dwarf's wife slipped something in the cup when she picked it up, plus the jester tried to scurry her out of there real quick like, the other person close was his new wife. I also suspected Cercei but that would so cold... she does want to regain power though ...
  • marvda1
    edited April 2014
    was that really his cup of wine on that end of the table?
    Puritan PSM156
  • drumminman
    edited April 2014
    The director did a great job with this scene partly by distracting the eye.
  • chumlie
    edited April 2014
    A little different in the book with Jamie and Cersie. Looks like Arya is a liitle upset with The Hound. Good to see Khaleesi back.
  • dromunds
    edited April 2014
    That scene with Cercei and Jamie next to Joffrey's dead body was pretty weird and can't portend good. And right when I thought Arya was gonna get tight with the Hound he steals after claiming every man needs a code. Khaleesi is hot. I need to get a better grip on some characters. Next week should be killer. lol
  • xjghost
    edited April 2014
    The director did a great job with this scene partly by distracting the eye.

Rewatched it but I didn't see anything. I'm not good with keeping up with people. So did the guy on the ship mastermind the poisoning? Cannot wait to see where this goes and what is up with the kid and the dragons. I see him ruling the dragons, or at least ridding one.

• drumminman
    edited April 2014
    xjghost wrote: »
    So did the guy on the ship mastermind the poisoning?

Nope, though Littlefinger is a good guess. Talk about a heartless, scheming **** . . .
  • westmassguy
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    edited April 2014
    Nope, though Littlefinger is a good guess. Talk about a heartless, scheming **** . . .
    So someone put Littlefinger up to it?
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • xjghost
    edited April 2014

Either that or someone approached him for help with it. I guess he knew it was going to happened and didn't want to see her die. IDK I'm lost on this one. Excited to see where it goes though. This show makes me want to read the books.

• drumminman
    edited April 2014

Nope, but it's one of the now one of the major players.
  • drumminman
    edited April 2014
    Nope, but it's one of the now major players.

. . . and the answer from tonight's episode: Olenna, Queen of Thorns.
  • dromunds
    edited April 2014
    Yeah, with the help of littlefinger I guess. How about that head-honcho high priest or whatever he was giving the sacrificed baby the blue-eye on the altar inside the stone circle? And here I thought they were just eating them .... and so I guess that's why that other one was going after the boy baby when he got stabbed in the back by the glass blade?
  • xjghost
    edited April 2014
    dromunds wrote: »
    Yeah, with the help of littlefinger I guess. How about that head-honcho high priest or whatever he was giving the sacrificed baby the blue-eye on the altar inside the stone circle? And here I thought they were just eating them .... and so I guess that's why that other one was going after the boy baby when he got stabbed in the back by the glass blade?

Yea so how many baby's have they gotten and how many have they turned? So that is what the army is made of I guess...