Game of Thrones

Comments

• chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited June 2014
    Heartwarming seen with The Boltons I thought. Poor Jorah finally gets the boot. Sansa grows up. And how about the ending. Great show last night.
  • drumminman
    drumminman Posts: 3,396
    edited June 2014
    The ending last night - holy **** ! ! ! Can't get that scene out of my mind. It has been awhile since I read the book, but I'm pretty sure it was not that, um . . . . graphic. I think he was "only" strangled.
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • Pycroft
    Pycroft Posts: 1,960
    edited June 2014
    A-maz-ing
    2 Channel/HT:
    Sony SS-M9 P's (ES version)
    Sony SS-M1CN Center Channel
    Polk RT800 Surround Speakers
    Odyssey Stratos Dual Mono Amplifiers
    TAD 150 Signature Tube Preamp
    Harman Kardon HK354
    Sony SACD Player
  • xjghost
    xjghost Posts: 1,080
    edited June 2014
    But I like the imp! He cannot die! On a side note, the M12's really sounded good last knight while watching this episode. IDK why but for some reason I could hear the dialogue through them more then the center. Sound great to me!
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

Bedroom system: Carver CT-24, Parasound HCA-800II, Monitor 10's

Additional projects: RTA 12c's
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited June 2014
    I know they can't show some of the sexual encounters do to the age of the charators, but it appears little finger rung Sansa bells and now she has the woman look about her now. And how are they going to have Arya miss seeing Sansa or will they?
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • chumlie
    chumlie Posts: 8,658
    edited June 2014
    Loved it when Ayra starts laughing at news of her Aunts death.
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, I thought the Hound was gonna kill her on the spot. Maybe Arya will ride a dragon someday. I also liked Sansa's freshly F'd look, and since she never did it with the Imp, that can be annulled if he in fact survives. That ending was awesome, oh boy. Next week should be good. Haven't heard much on several of the sub-plots that will be coming up now I'm sure....
  • Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    edited June 2014
    dromunds wrote: »
    since she never did it with the Imp, that can be annulled if he in fact survives. That ending was awesome, oh boy.

He's my favorite character. Please no spoilers as I have not read the books, but if he doesn't survive, they could replace his character with John Oates. Did anyone catch him on the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame this past weekend? I knew he wasn't a NBA player, but I swear he shrunk over the last twenty years. He looked like a munchkin. Dig his music though.
  • dromunds
    edited June 2014
    Yes, I saw Hall & Oates on the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame show. Hall has some road miles on him for sure. Vulgarities in his acceptance speech also unnecessary. But put him up against anybody in Kiss, though, and he looks like a schoolboy. Whoa. Maybe Ace Frehley could be on deck for the Imp's role if Hall begs off... even if he hasn't shrunk quite as much.
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    edited June 2014
    chumlie wrote: »
    Loved it when Ayra starts laughing at news of her Aunts death.

I think that was more at the hound for he would not get the reward for returning her.

I have one question about the fight, what happens if both combatn's die from thier wounds? The mountain was down for the count and it appeared with his last bit of strength he killed the prince.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • codyc1ark
    codyc1ark Posts: 2,530
    edited June 2014
    Man, I really liked the prince. What a sham!
  • dromunds
    edited June 2014
    Just watched it again. That ending is something else. Doesn't matter if they both die, the Prince died first.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    edited June 2014
    Ok, now I dug how the Prince bought the farm but the fight scene itself sucked....thought they could have done way better. Also, was it just me, or was I hearing shades of "The Princess Bride" ?

You killed my sister, prepare to die.....The Prince kept saying it and I immediately drew that comparison.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited June 2014
    tonyb wrote: »
    Ok, now I dug how the Prince bought the farm but the fight scene itself sucked....thought they could have done way better. Also, was it just me, or was I hearing shades of "The Princess Bride" ?

You killed my sister, prepare to die.....The Prince kept saying it and I immediately drew that comparison.
    I thought the same thing, I kept saying "my name is Inigo Montoya, prepare to die" during that scene. :lol:
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Face
    edited June 2014
    4donZaz.jpg
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • drumminman
    edited June 2014
    That is one large human being! 6'9", 420 lbs!
    "Science is suppose to explain observations not dismiss them as impossible" - Norm on AA; 2.3TL's w/sonicaps/mills/jantzen inductors, Gimpod's boards, Lg Solen SDA inductors, RD-0198's, MW's dynamatted, Armaflex speaker gaskets, H-nuts, brass spikes, Cardas CCGR BP's, upgraded IC Cable, Black Hole Damping Sheet strips, interior of cabinets sealed with Loctite Power Grab, AI-1 interface with 1000VA A-L transformer
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    edited June 2014
    Actually, he is 7'1" and 420lbs. :eek:
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • ZLTFUL
    ZLTFUL Posts: 5,639
    edited June 2014
    Nevermind...there have actually been 2 actors who have played The Mountain. Ian Whyte is 7'1" and Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson who is 6'9".
    "Some people find it easier to be conceited rather than correct."

"Unwad those panties and have a good time man. We're all here to help each other, no matter how it might appear." DSkip
  • drumminman
    edited June 2014
    There have been 3 actors who've played the Mountain: the two listed above and Conan Stevens, who is also 7'1". Björnsson is the heaviest, and I'm guessing the strongest!
  • Face
    edited June 2014
  • Jstas
    Jstas Posts: 14,699
    edited June 2014
    I could do that.

I just choose not to 'cause...you know...wouldn't want to ruin the guy's film career!
    Expert Moron Extraordinaire

You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • codyc1ark
    edited June 2014
    Holy crap. Great episode.
  • dromunds
    edited June 2014
    You don't know nothin', Jon Snow
  • xjghost
    edited June 2014
    Ugh Good episode but I want to see what happens with Tyrion.
    HT/2Channel: Emotiva MMC-1, Adcom GFA-555II, Polk SDA 3.1's, Teac TN-300 TT, Polk Center and Sub.

• dromunds
    edited June 2014
    Now I gotta go and re-watch the episode where Jon Snow does it with the red head in the cave and she drops the furs. This last episode oughta be pretty good: you have lots of stuff converging on the Eyrie; Brienne and Podrick, the Mountain and Arya, then you have Sansa and Littlefinger already inside with the momma's boy. Plus, Daenerys is out there and of course the matter with Tyrion and his father. And what about Stannis? Haven't forgot about him. Fer cri yi.
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,901
    edited June 2014
    Kinda disappointed the whole frickin' episode was about the battle at the wall. Wasn't expecting so many of that clan to bite the bullet though.

Speaking of John Snow, have they ever mentioned who his mother is ? Ned was suppose to tell him but he had a problem with keeping his head on his shoulders.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • drumminman
    edited June 2014
    John's mother is disclosed in book #4 IIRC. I don't know why they're including Dany in the season ending episode as there's so much going on in King's Landing. The death of one of the major players (which happens in the book) would make a great season ending exclamation mark !

Got to sign off now as I feel the urge to disclose major spoilers . . . . :evil:
  • xjghost
    edited June 2014
    drumminman wrote: »
    John's mother is disclosed in book #4 IIRC. I don't know why they're including Dany in the season ending episode as there's so much going on in King's Landing. The death of one of the major players (which happens in the book) would make a great season ending exclamation mark !

Got to sign off now as I feel the urge to disclose major spoilers . . . . :evil:

How many episodes are left?

• Hermitism
    Hermitism Posts: 4,190
    edited June 2014
    The next episode in the season finale, I think.
  • codyc1ark
    edited June 2014
    Hermitism wrote: »
    The next episode in the season finale, I think.

It is. :(