Game of Thrones

1222324252628»

Comments

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,007
    edited May 2019
    Tony, are you referring to "Space, Above and Beyond" great series on Fox that got cancel way too soon. I have a box set from a ebay seller, could not find an actual studio copy release.

No, it's not that series. Let me go through the alphabet...

Bingo...Firefly.
    b1war0t5anqa.png

I read that it was GREAT while it lasted. I just read...ONE SEASON... :s

9.1/10
    TV.com
    9/10
    IMDb
    85%
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • mdaudioguy
    mdaudioguy Posts: 5,165
    Tony M wrote: »
    Bingo...Firefly.

I read that it was GREAT while it lasted. I just read...ONE SEASON... :s
    Yeah, that was a fun watch, but man..., you sure can get off track! :p
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    Firefly was a lot of fun. It was written by Joss Whedon, who also did Buffy the Vampire Slayer. There was also a movie, Serenity, which tried to help put an ending on the series storyline.
  • joecoulson
    joecoulson Posts: 4,943
    Firefly was a fantastic show. Such a shame it was aired on Fox and not Sci-fi
    Would probably still be around if so.
  • Emlyn
    Emlyn Posts: 4,341
    For Firefly, the Director's original plan was for a seven year run. Lots of lost potential. Too bad it was in an era before cable channels started producing the best TV. What separates HBO and other pay channels from the rest is they don't have to please advertisers with watered down programming with phony looking violence, no bad words, and no ****.
  • Jimbo18
    Jimbo18 Posts: 2,306
    Emlyn wrote: »
    For Firefly, the Director's original plan was for a seven year run. Lots of lost potential. Too bad it was in an era before cable channels started producing the best TV. What separates HBO and other pay channels from the rest is they don't have to please advertisers with watered down programming with phony looking violence, no bad words, and no ****.

One of the other things that different about pay channel produced TV shows, is no commercials. Not just in the sense that you have to wait through them, but they don't have to write the show with a commercial break in mind. Broadcast TV shows always go about 10 mins. then there's some type of obvious break in the action to allow for the commercial time. They also don't have to conform to 44min. time limits.
  • recoveryone
    recoveryone Posts: 885
    The Sci-fi channel did air the full season a few years back, around the time of the movie release.
    Family Room HT 7.2/i]:Vizio Oled55h1 Pioneer Elite SC-LX502 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Eversolo DMP A6 Panamax M5300-EXSpeakers Fronts Fluance XF8L Center Polk Audio S35 Side Surrounds Optimus LS30's Rear Surrounds Optimus LS30's Subs SVS PB4000 x2 Living room 2ch: Crown Xli 1500 amp Teac EQ MKII FX Audio X6 Mk II DAC Squeezebox Touch Fluance Signature Tower Speakers Panamax M5100-EXOffice media room:Vizio M50Q6 50" Pioneer Elite VSX LX103 Squeezebox Touch Polkaudio R50 Towers Polkaudio CS 10 Panamax M4300 Monoprice 12" subMaster bedroom:Vizio M55Q7 Pioneer Elite VSX LX302 Pioneer Elite BDP 85FD Squeezebox Touch Polk audio RTi 6 fronts, Rears Dayton B652 Polk Audio CS10 center Monoprice 12" sub Panamax M5300-EX
  • dromunds
    dromunds Posts: 9,960
    I watched the final episode again last night. Every time I watch any episode my appreciation increases.