Gang rape victim sentenced to jail and lashes.

1234568»

Comments

• Manilaboy
    Manilaboy Posts: 49
    edited November 2007
    No arguments there Snow, I also believe that there is a line seperating right from wrong as far as human rights are concerned. But unless I'm willing to do something about it, like joining a protest march or initiating a move which will lead to the "salvation" of the oppressed in that part of the world, I feel it's more appropriate for me to just respect the way things are and just be thankful that I don't live in that part of the world.... but that's just me. :)
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2007
    jdhdiggs wrote: »
    So by your logic the Isreali's are also Muslim since they both believe that Abraham was a profit and in the old testament laws then right? So Jews, Christians, and Muslims are all one big happy religion.... :rolleyes:

Pretty much... all the world's religions have a common theme:
    Do pretty much whatever you want but, for heaven's sakes, don't kill each other. And, be careful that what you do won't make the other person angry enough to want to kill you.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited November 2007
    heres a quick answer to your long list cause I really have no time to answer it all

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0778562.html

The UN seems to think that our quality of life is a couple steps above yours :)
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2007
    Wow, and we care about what the UN thinks? That alone tells me you know nothing about the US, or even the UN.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • JimBRICK
    edited November 2007
    Homeownership is one of the best wealth building vehicles available to the common man or woman. Question: How many (single) people in Canada are able to become homeowners in their early twenties?
    I own my own house. I'm 32 and this is my third home so yeah our interest rates on homes are 5.7% as well
    Question: What is Canada's educational infrastructure like? Actually after watching many of your own news programming and reading your own statistics you educational infrastructure tends to favor the economically wealthy and tends to weed out the poor. Rich get richer and poor get poorer. Just to let you know my government has our education covered with about 85% of tuition paid for college or university. So anyone regardless of how much money they have has an opportunity to learn and make their life better.
    Question: How easy is it for the "average" citizen to acquire economic security and even wealth? Our economy is great. Seems like our dollar is trumping yours right now. Most rich people in your country are actually investing their money in the Euro cause your dollar has been losing so much ground. The average Canadian earns 35000 dollars a year to your 25000 average.

Question: how easy is it for the average Canadian to build wealth through private business ownership? Actually its pretty easy to start your own business in Canada. With a good business plan and some seed money the government will match dollar for dollar to help you get started

Question: What is the tax structure in Canada like? I pay 22% of my annual income in taxes, But also have hundreds of opportunities to get that money back if need be.
    Question: How mobile is Canadian society? I live in a city of 80000 people we have 7 libraries, 8 high schools. 3 colleges and a university , not to mention the 2 hospitals and other public services. Question: What information infrastructure tools are available to the average Canadian, particularly those who cannot afford subscriptions to Internet Service Providers?everyone has free access to the Internet at various places all over the city, from libraries, the job bank, even the terminals at the mall

Question: What disaster relief resources are available to Canadian citizens in the event of a catastrophe? we take care of our own unlike your government and the people in Louisiana.

Question: Let's pretend that the US military disappeared tomorrow. Would you feel more secure in your country (Canada), less secure, or the same?
    I feel just safe, I was in the Canadian army and we are too well trained. Actually statistics show we are in the top five in he planet for viable fast moning warriors. We have no threats from anyone. But fanatics but there is no way to prevent a fanatic from doing something without any prior knowledge

Yeah were pretty happy with how we take care of our own not to mention the billions of dollars we give other countries.
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • tonyb
    tonyb Posts: 32,950
    edited November 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    heres a quick answer to your long list cause I really have no time to answer it all

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0778562.html

The UN seems to think that our quality of life is a couple steps above yours :)

This has to be the funniest thing you said yet.The UN,IS A JOKE!!
    You claim you were good in school but fail to do your homework before
    spewing out garbage.
    HT SYSTEM-
    Sony 850c 4k
    Pioneer elite vhx 21
    Sony 4k BRP
    SVS SB-2000
    Polk Sig. 20's
    Polk FX500 surrounds

Cables-
    Acoustic zen Satori speaker cables
    Acoustic zen Matrix 2 IC's
    Wireworld eclipse 7 ic's
    Audio metallurgy ga-o digital cable

Kitchen

Sonos zp90
    Grant Fidelity tube dac
    B&k 1420
    lsi 9's
  • JimBRICK
    edited November 2007
    tonyb wrote: »
    This has to be the funniest thing you said yet.The UN,IS A JOKE!!
    You claim you were good in school but fail to do your homework before
    spewing out garbage.

the UN is a joke LOL that is the dumbest thing I ever heard. You are a fool
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    Jim I have a question for you. Why are you continuing with this rhetoric?
    Absolutley no one, even those from you own country agree with your behavior. If you are in a room full of 100 people and voice an oppinion and 99 people disagree with what you said might it be that oppinion is flawed?

A good defintion of insanity is attempting the same thing over and over each time expecting different results. Give it a break, you have voiced your ideas views and oppinions regarding america and politics in a thread that has nothing to do with politics. you continue to alienate yourself and make people dislike you with this behavior. And I am certain if you keep doing this on future threads it will result in some form of admonishment if not a temporary or permenant banning. you have had your say move on and give it a rest.

SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    I'm sure there are organizations that will say Canada sucks if I google it, it doesnt make it true...LOL

stop, and step away from the search engines....:p:p:p:p:p:p

but hey, I'll say Montreal had great food, and no biblical law that I could see, so you know I had a blast there ;)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • phoneisbusy
    phoneisbusy Posts: 867
    edited November 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    I'm sure there are organizations that will say Canada sucks if I google it, it doesnt make it true...LOL

but hey, I'll say Montreal had great food, and no biblical law that I could see, so you know I had a blast there ;)

You talking about the smoked beef sandwiches and St. Catharines St?
    Time is the best teacher. Unfortunately it kills all its students.
  • JimBRICK
    edited November 2007
    snow wrote: »
    Jim I have a question for you. Why are you continuing with this rhetoric?
    Absolutley no one, even those from you own country agree with your behavior. If you are in a room full of 100 people and voice an oppinion and 99 people disagree with what you said might it be that oppinion is flawed?

A good defintion of insanity is attempting the same thing over and over each time expecting different results. Give it a break, you have voiced your ideas views and oppinions regarding america and politics in a thread that has nothing to do with politics. you continue to alienate yourself and make people dislike you with this behavior. And I am certain if you keep doing this on future threads it will result in some form of admonishment if not a temporary or permenant banning. you have had your say move on and give it a rest.

SNOW

banning me for expressing my opinion, now thats freedom
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • jdhdiggs
    jdhdiggs Posts: 4,305
    edited November 2007
    the UN is a joke LOL that is the dumbest thing I ever heard. You are a fool

Maybe for a country like Canada, the UN is a great thing. Lord knows it really helps out the tin pot dictators. However, when it comes to countries like the US, the UN is a complete joke.
    There is no genuine justice in any scheme of feeding and coddling the loafer whose only ponderable energies are devoted wholly to reproduction. Nine-tenths of the rights he bellows for are really privileges and he does nothing to deserve them. We not only acquired a vast population of morons, we have inculcated all morons, old or young, with the doctrine that the decent and industrious people of the country are bound to support them for all time.-Menkin
  • JimBRICK
    edited November 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »

the beers good too, but I like the pizza better in chicago :)
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    You talking about the smoked beef sandwiches and St. Catharines St?

I missed out on the smoked beef sandwiches, but hit as many restaraunts as I could, it was like you couldnt miss in that town.

found one hole in the wall kind of joint with the best Rose' sauce I ever tasted on a pasta, and I'm Italian for god's sake!!
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • JimBRICK
    edited November 2007
    If your inMontreal again go to COSMOS on Sherbrooke

best breakfast on earth ""Mish Mash Omelette",four eggs, bacon, sausage, ham, salami, tomato, onion, cheese and toast"
    2 CHANNEL
    Under construction
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    Actually after watching many of your own news programming and reading your own statistics you educational infrastructure tends to favor the economically wealthy and tends to weed out the poor.

Once again Jim you prove where you get your flawed information "your own news." Keep talking; you prove yourself more and more the imbecile.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    It wont be for voicing your oppinion, it will be for being a **** stirrer that wont stop. Voicing your oppinion is one thing your actions are something entirely different. Im sure a smart fellow like you can see the disparity between the two.

SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007

This forum is not a democracy. It is a private forum and they, Polk Audio, can do anything they want for any reason. You keep putting the negative twist on American and the more and more you post the more and more you prove to be the jealous child.

You could get banned for turning every thread started here into a political discussion or just for what you are the greatest at, stirring up the pot.
  • phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited November 2007

No, it would be for threatening another forum member like you did earlier.

Watch yourself.

As for everyone else, stop feeding the fire. This thread is going down I'm sure. Let it rest......
  • BaggedLancer
    BaggedLancer Posts: 6,371
    edited November 2007
    Wow, after reading this to think I almost went to college in Canada...what a mistake that would have been.

Oh, and hi -justin-, i see you browsin around :D
This discussion has been closed.