Gang rape victim sentenced to jail and lashes.

Comments

• fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited November 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    eh, if thats true, then I'll begrudgingly give the king a point or 2 for the attempt. I'll be happy with any change in the right direction for women's rights in that country, and this is coming from me? a macho chauvanitic pig? go figure :D

Found it. Here's the link.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/10/26/africa/26saudi.php

I wonder if this investment in education is the result of reports that they're running out of oil?
  • bobman1235
    bobman1235 Posts: 10,822
    edited November 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    thats what your not seeing. THEIR laws say a women cannot be with a man not related to her in public. She broke that law (I dont agree with) but its not our place to say their laws are wrong. The ironic thing is if she would have followed their law this wouldn't have happened. Showing they have those laws for a reason

There is no way a thinking person can agree with you. Just put down the PC Bible for one second, and think. Not about cultures or governments, or US vs Iraq. You are a human being. You understand (I hope) that oppression of women or minorities or any group of people is inherently wrong. It doesn't matter what culture you're in. It's WRONG. Just because in some culture it is culturally ACCEPTED doesn't make it not WRONG. Laws that promote evil against any group of people are WRONG. In the same way that murder and rape and anything else is WRONG. Our culture here used to say that blacks were not humans, and could be treated as property as slaves. A scant 200 years ago this was true of our VERY OWN CULTURE. Does that mean, at the time, it was any less WRONG than it is now? Nope. We just eventually realized it.

You're trying too hard to be understanding of "other cultures". Understanding is fine - I do understand why they are the way they are - but that doesn't mean you can't discern right from wrong, and good from evil. If you can't see that, you're a slave yourself, because it means you won't fight or stand up for what you believe in.

You seem to think we're all closed-minded for not accepting that some cultures are differnet than ours; I like to think we're open-minded enough to look past that kind of excuse and apply what we know to be right and wrong to any situation, regardless of what someone tells us is right or wrong.
    If you will it, dude, it is no dream.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited November 2007
    wodom1 wrote: »
    I always stay away from these arguments, but I have to respond to this one. Is's funny then how in the 22 years that I lived in the deep South (South Louisiana), I never saw one lynched black person nor one burned church. I've been to every state in the south multiple times and have never witnessed any of this stuff. You make it sound like there's a body hanging from every tree limb down there.

you couldnt have left your house alot then, look at the stats

http://www.fbi.gov/ucr/hc2005/table14louisiana.htm

3rd highest rates in the country for louisiana
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    Silverti wrote: »
    Ya'll need to remember that this is Muslim part of town and just like you and your beliefs, they take them very seriously and many of them directly conflict with yours. From their perspective, you are the heretic Satan worshiper and they don’t want anything to do with your Gods (by and large even though they say that everyone is a Muslim in a way). Hey… wow… much in the same way that you feel about them.

You know... this country 100+ years ago wasn’t all that much different. We hung blacks and beat our women just the same for the same reason.

Simple fact, this is an extreme example of extreme culture clash, and yes, we can all sit here and think their culture sucks **** (I admit, I think so to) and we are NOT going to convert them (isn’t Iraq proving that?). Ask yourself if a Muslim came to your church if he could convince you all to switch over. However we can try to help them follow our own path of “civilization” and get them to change some of these extreme views like we did ourselves over the past 300 years. This kind of thing has been working in the world but usually follows industrialization, education and globalization of the population in the country. But to sit in your computer chair and wonder why these people with completely different world histories, religions and cultures don’t embrace your religion, your culture and the American way is ridiculous. A lot of people in the USA fail to realize that this country is just about as fundamental fanatical Judeo-Christian as they are Muslim.

It’s too bad we have a small set of extreme cultural bigots in the USA who will refute this and hide behind "Im just not PC".

If a Muslim walked into a church or carried a copy of the Koran here he would be welcomed. If a Christian walked into a mosque or carried a copy of the Bible he would have his head sliced off.

Here is a very veiled, rhetorical attempt at trying to shove your politically correct, anti religion "slanted" BS down our throats as well as putting down the Judeo-Christian majority like you are famous for here.

You've accused me of shoving my beliefs down this forums throat and you have not come up with one shred of evidence of that on my part. You've called me a hypocrite and not shown one shred of evidence as to my hypocrisy. Nope you made your big statements behind the words, "I'm just trying to show HIs hypocricy" and cut and ran!

Well this exposes yours! You come on here in different threads smiling and taking a stand with the majority and then flip-flop down the road into your true colors.

I'm calling you on the carpet now! I have exposed you several times. I even put my hand out to make a truce but you slapped it away well HYPOCRITE, TWO FACE, here you go.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited November 2007
    bobman1235 wrote: »
    There is no way a thinking person can agree with you. Just put down the PC Bible for one second, and think. Not about cultures or governments, or US vs Iraq. You are a human being. You understand (I hope) that oppression of women or minorities or any group of people is inherently wrong. It doesn't matter what culture you're in. It's WRONG. Just because in some culture it is culturally ACCEPTED doesn't make it not WRONG. Laws that promote evil against any group of people are WRONG. In the same way that murder and rape and anything else is WRONG. Our culture here used to say that blacks were not humans, and could be treated as property as slaves. A scant 200 years ago this was true of our VERY OWN CULTURE. Does that mean, at the time, it was any less WRONG than it is now? Nope. We just eventually realized it.

You're trying too hard to be understanding of "other cultures". Understanding is fine - I do understand why they are the way they are - but that doesn't mean you can't discern right from wrong, and good from evil. If you can't see that, you're a slave yourself, because it means you won't fight or stand up for what you believe in.

You seem to think we're all closed-minded for not accepting that some cultures are differnet than ours; I like to think we're open-minded enough to look past that kind of excuse and apply what we know to be right and wrong to any situation, regardless of what someone tells us is right or wrong.

theres the attitude again, the US way is right and they are wrong. You would you have reacted 50 years ago if another country came into your country and started bombing and pushing you around because of the way minorites were being treated? You would push back as well. Its no countries RIGHT to push your morals or laws on any other country. Int time like the US they will evolve into a better society. We are not the parental watchdogs of the world. We have to let them grow as a people in their own way.
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited November 2007
    Tonight i'm going to participate is some of our f***ed up Western Culture by spinning tunes at the stripclub. I can assure you that the furthest thing from my (and the other patrons) mind will be to cover these girls with all those f***ed up black sheets (or whatever you call them).

Sorry, their culture is just plain F***ed up!!!

America ROCKS!
    No excuses!
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    Everyone should just become Atheists. When was the last time you heard of someone killing or harming another in the name of no god?
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SolidSqual
    SolidSqual Posts: 5,218
    edited November 2007
    This post is essentially useless. what is the definition of Hate Crime? How many of those were lynchings? Let me know those stats

• Strong Bad
    edited November 2007

Very well said Bob! Agreed!

Just because it's their way, doesn't make it right. EVERYONE is born free and deserves to live that way.
    No excuses!
  • fatchowmein
    fatchowmein Posts: 2,637
    edited November 2007
    Face wrote: »
    Everyone should just become Atheists. When was the last time you heard of someone killing or harming another in the name of no god?

Queue the music...

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...
  • wodom1
    wodom1 Posts: 1,054
    edited November 2007

You're right. I was a hermit. I should have been born in canada.
    "I got into the music business thinking it was really radical, that it wasn't really a business at all, that it was a lot of people being artistic and creative. Not true, and it made me very depressed."

Thom Yorke of Radiohead

SOPA. Bow down before me, ****. Want a cookie?

Polk Audio LSi15
    Polk Audio LSiC
    Polk Audio FXi30
    Samsung LN-T4061F 40" 1080P LCD HDTV
    Sony Playstation 3
    Outlaw Model 990 Pre/Pro
    Rotel 985 MK II
    Rotel 1072 CDP
    Soundstage Vacuum II tube pre
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    Strong Bad wrote: »
    Tonight i'm going to participate is some of our f***ed up Western Culture by spinning tunes at the stripclub.

GLORIOUS!!!!!

and if you lash them, it should be for the simply delightful crime of being naughty naughty girls..........and it should be done with a featherduster....LOL
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • bobman1235
    edited November 2007
    theres the attitude again, the US way is right and they are wrong. You would you have reacted 50 years ago if another country came into your country and started bombing and pushing you around because of the way minorites were being treated? You would push back as well. Its no countries RIGHT to push your morals or laws on any other country. Int time like the US they will evolve into a better society. We are not the parental watchdogs of the world. We have to let them grow as a people in their own way.

It has nothing to do with the US way, or the Canadian way. It has to do with what I, as a human with my own brain, think of what they are doing. What I, as an educated and moral person, know of humanity and inherent rights of ALL people. I don't believe in pushing the American CULTURE of McDonalds and movies and fast cars and fake **** around the world, I just believe in the rights of human beings. I don't want to see millions of people murdered or beaten at the hands of an oppressive regime just because you want to "wait for them to find the right way" on their own. If you took any young woman from that Saudi culture, told her she was free to say anything she wanted and wear anything she wanted, (and could actually convince her of that), do you think any of them would say "no thank you, I'd much rather be beaten for not covering my face in public. I'd much rather be raped at a whim, have no rights, be stoned to death for accepting my own sexuality, and be treated as a half human?" Do you really think that?
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    yes he does, dude, why argue? :)
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • Systems
    Systems Posts: 14,873
    edited November 2007
    SolidSqual wrote: »
    I had nothing to do with creating that crap and neither has this country.

This country has just about everything to do with what created that crap in the middle east (well before any Iraq war)

Again, historical perspecitve.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • bobman1235
    edited November 2007
    This country has just about everything to do with what created that crap in the middle east (well before any Iraq war)

?? The middle East has been in turmoil since the age of Christ, over the possession of "Holy Lands". That's 2000 years, for those of you keeping score. The US has been around for what, 230 years? And we've had any say on world events for what, 100? Wow are some of you delusional.
  • Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    Wow are some of you delusional.
    I agree, I can't believe some of the **** I'm reading in this thread. We started the trouble in the middle east, there's still lynchings on a regular basis down south, what's next?
    This thread has run it's course.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007

Unbelieveable!!! :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• phuz
    phuz Posts: 2,372
    edited November 2007
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    If a Muslim walked into a church or carried a copy of the Koran here he would be welcomed. If a Christian walked into a mosque or carried a copy of the Bible he would have his head sliced off.

Here is a very veiled, rhetorical attempt at trying to shove your politically correct, anti religion "slanted" BS down our throats as well as putting down the Judeo-Christian majority like you are famous for here.

You've accused me of shoving my beliefs down this forums throat and you have not come up with one shred of evidence of that on my part. You've called me a hypocrite and not shown one shred of evidence as to my hypocrisy. Nope you made your big statements behind the words, "I'm just trying to show HIs hypocricy" and cut and ran!

Well this exposes yours! You come on here in different threads smiling and taking a stand with the majority and then flip-flop down the road into your true colors.

I'm calling you on the carpet now! I have exposed you several times. I even put my hand out to make a truce but you slapped it away well HYPOCRITE, TWO FACE, here you go.

Stop hiding behind the term "PC" to rationalize your cultural bigotry.

Frankly Hearing, I fully enjoy taking on positions of Cultural, religious and social harmony like I have on this board and really enjoy it when you attack me on them. It’s amazing what cultural bigots rationalize to make themselves feel better.

I’m pretty sure any rational who reads my statements in this thread would agree.

Keep on trolling around my posts on the Polk forums…
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    ?? The middle East has been in turmoil since the age of Christ, over the possession of "Holy Lands". That's 2000 years, for those of you keeping score. The US has been around for what, 230 years? And we've had any say on world events for what, 100? Wow are some of you delusional.

Again, lack of historical perspective, fire up google and search middle east for the past 100 years, especially after WW2. To much info there for me to educate you here.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    Stop hiding behind the term "PC" to rationalize your cultural bigotry.

Frankly Hearing, I fully enjoy taking on positions of Cultural, religious and social harmony like I have on this board and really enjoy it when you attack me on them. It’s amazing what cultural bigots rationalize to make themselves feel better.

I’m pretty sure any rational who reads my statements in this thread would agree.

Keep on trolling around my posts on the Polk forums…

News flash! All the rational people here are shaking their heads in disbelief at what you write. Can you possibly be more asinine!?!
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Systems
    edited November 2007
    F1nut wrote: »
    News flash! All the rational people here are shaking their heads in disbelief at what you write. Can you possibly be more asinine!?!

I've noticed you've been a lot more "PC" since your last round of attacks on me, are you starting more? F1 and HEaring thread trolling my posts with attacks, nothing new here... move on...

I gotta admit, I have your buttons and they are easy to punch. I don’t even have to directly make a reference you. All I gotta do is show up in a thread and talk about things such as "getting along with other cultures" and you come out firing at me. Gotta love the position I have in the arguments
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    You are the one who throws around "cultural bigots" again I say put up the evidence, you can't so shut up!

The only thing I've done on this forum concerning my beliefs is to put up threads that prove that the politically correct crowd is taking away my freedoms like banning Halloween in my sons school, teaching sexuality to 4th graders etc. Cultural bigot, I think not . . . you are so steeped in PC that you have been blinded by the "let's make everyone feel good" BS. Get lost!!!

Political Correctness is one big LIE!
  • Strong Bad
    edited November 2007
    ohskigod wrote: »
    GLORIOUS!!!!!

and if you lash them, it should be for the simply delightful crime of being naughty naughty girls..........and it should be done with a featherduster....LOL

HAHAHAHAHA, right on man!

Might I suggest to the rest of you to go out tonight or this weekend and practice some other form of "F***ed up Western Culture."

Ya know, if you think about it, those women in Saudi Arabia are walking around in 100+ degree heat all covered up in black. Jesus H Christ they must smell like a healthy Russman toilet torpedo after a sweet Texas BBQ!

It's no wonder all the men over there think about murder and suicide bombing. Nothing else much to do.

Tonight, guess what I'll be thinking about? :D
    No excuses!
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    You are the one who throws around "cultural bigots" again I say put up the evidence, you can't so shut up!

I’m not sure who you are trying to convince here? I've clearly called you out enough to get you to thread troll all my posts.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007

The only thing I've done on this forum concerning my beliefs is to put up threads that prove that the politically correct crowd is taking away my freedoms like banning Halloween in my sons school, teaching sexuality to 4th graders etc. Cultural bigot, I think not . . . you are so steeped in PC that you have been blinded by the "let's make everyone feel good" BS. Get lost!!!

Political Correctness is one big LIE!

That means you!
  • bobman1235
    edited November 2007
    I’m not sure who you are trying to convince here? I've clearly called you out enough to get you to thread troll all my posts.

Passive Aggressive baiting is a real admirable position to take. Is this how you "win" arguments, by making light vaguely insulting comments until people get irrationally angry at you, and lose track of their original point?

Maybe I should try.

*clears throat*

Historical perspective, Silverti. Your history of absurdity is well-documented on the Club Polk forums, I don't have time to educate you here.
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Ha ha ha, trolling!!! Reel in your PC ego boy and note that I don't troll. I am a regular reader of any thread that interests me. I noticed not too long ago you disappeared for a while untill you felt things cooled off then came back lecturing us uneducated cultural bigots talking out both sides of your mouth especially in the Hershey thread!!!

Go away boy you bother me . . . Foghorn Leghorn
  • Systems
    edited November 2007
    I fully understand that Hearing and F1 have a set of buddies and each one of you will now pop out to take the usual pot shots, I expect that, nothing new.

I’m the new guy here and I was amazed at the crap that gets posed by your very small set of guys here. Shocking stuff. This isn’t "PC" material, this is material on the order of bigotry posted right here on the Polk forums. I started making comments early and it pissed ya'll off and now your small group of guys troll me, intimidate me and fill my PM box up with crap. It’s like a big pack of dogs.

You ask me, what’s wrong with America today is you guys. America has become a lot more understanding country over time. Most people treat everyone else with respect independent of race, sex or religion. It’s amazing how absolutely hypocritical your stands are on these issues in the middle east as compared to the USA. You guys have the exact same mantality of these people in the middle east.

Again, lets continue the attacks on my stand of cultural understanding.

Bunch of computer arm chair pussys if you ask me.
    Testing
    Testing
    Testing
This discussion has been closed.