Gang rape victim sentenced to jail and lashes.

Comments

• Face
    Face Posts: 14,340
    edited November 2007
    cfrizz wrote: »
    That's just it! None of them are correct! All have been slanted & interpreted & reinvented to suit whatever majority thought it should be. All of them are decidely favored toward men & women get the short end of the stick in all of them.

All of them have been used to justify man's inhumanity against man with the understanding that they were doing it for God. All religions have been used to try to coerce people into doing whatever their version or slice of the bible/koran thinks they should do.

The entire world would be a better place if religion simply didn't exist, because then no one could claim that God was on THEIR side!
    Welcome to post #70.
    http://www.polkaudio.com/forums/showpost.php?p=734889&postcount=70
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. And when you gaze long into an abyss the abyss also gazes into you." Friedrich Nietzsche
  • cfrizz
    cfrizz Posts: 13,415
    edited November 2007
    What's sad is that it is the womans fault for tempting the men to act like dogs if she isn't buried under a blanket.

But then I've seen men on here condemn girls in HS for dressing scandalously to somehow justify or mitigate some boys bad behavior. One behavior is just as bad as the other.

But until everyone is willing to no longer tolerate all the double standards in this country & everywhere else, this crap will continue.

So much for progress!

madmax wrote: »
    Its sad everyone does not have the rights we do today but I'm guessing if you have to cover up the women to keep them from getting raped then our rights wouldn't work for them.
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • hearingimpared
    hearingimpared Posts: 21,137
    edited November 2007
    The problem here is that their state is run by their holy book. Our's is not!

Religion and Spirituality as a whole for humanity is good. Of course you are going to have people and groups twisting up the words in the books to fit their agenda . . . period! People who follow the Bible without a human agenda are forgiving loving persons. For every attrocity commited in the name of some god. . . there are millions who do the opposite in the name of God. We as humans are incapable of running our lives with out laws. Take the law, twist the wording around and the law becomes the enemies of a group of people. Look how the KKK twisted up the Bible to make Blacks and Catholics inhuman in the early 1900s!

It is not religion that is at fault. It is the sick twisted humans who take beautiful true texts and pervert them.

This is my humble opinion.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,982
    edited November 2007
    The entire world would be a better place if religion simply didn't exist, because then no one could claim that God was on THEIR side!
    Absolutely sad in every way, but in today's world it is becoming more and more a reality and fact, so it seems. All this and then Hearing Impaired coming close to saying that he likes digital over analog.......

The apocalypse is close! :eek: :rolleyes: ;):p:p
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »
    Absolutely sad in every way, but in today's world it is becoming more and more a reality and fact, so it seems. All this and then Hearing Impaired coming close to saying that he likes digital over analog.......

If you are referring to me hearimpared;

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA I'm being misquoted again!!!
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    But not from lack of trying Joe! Everywhere you turn someone is trying to drag religion or prayer back into public schools. The priests in the Catholic Church are INSTRUCTING their parishoners on HOW the should VOTE. They want to take away MY right to decide if I want to have a baby or abort it. The church says that I shouldn't even use birth control!

This is MY life, and I'm going to do whats best for ME! And it is NOT by letting some book written a hundred times over by MEN dictate how I should live it.
    The problem here is that their state is run by their holy book. Our's is not!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 channel 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony XBR-49X800E TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Polk ES30 Center Channel, Polk S15 Surround Speakers SVS SB12-NSD x2
  • ND13
    ND13 Posts: 7,601
    edited November 2007
    JimBRICK wrote: »
    they feel the same about the US.

Wrong...they feel the same for all western culture, which includes Canada.
    "SOME PEOPLE CALL ME MAURICE,
    CAUSE I SPEAK OF THE POMPITIOUS OF LOVE"
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    treitz3 wrote: »

lol. Note that is in bold, my friend! :D
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited November 2007
    But not from lack of trying Joe! Everywhere you turn someone is trying to drag religion or prayer back into public schools. The priests in the Catholic Church are INSTRUCTING their parishoners on HOW the should VOTE. They want to take away MY right to decide if I want to have a baby or abort it. The church says that I shouldn't even use birth control!

This is MY life, and I'm going to do whats best for ME! And it is NOT by letting some book written a hundred times over by MEN dictate how I should live it.

Cathy, I do not believe in religion, at all. But I never understood why religion had to be banned from schools, what do I care if someone wants to pray on their own time? Why ban the 10 commandments from being posted in schools? It certainly seems a better moral guideline than the crap being taught to children today.

As far as abortion, how can anyone think that is an OK thing to do? These same people will have a fit when they hear of puppies or kittens being killed, but a human life is OK?
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    WilliamM2 wrote: »
    Why ban the 10 commandments from being posted in schools? It certainly seems a better moral guideline than the crap being taught to children today.
    Finally, something we can agree on William.
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2007

They can lose their Tax Exempt status if they are turned in for doing this. All you would need is a tape recording of them instructing church members on how to vote. MAJOR MISTAKE!!!
  • ohskigod
    ohskigod Posts: 6,502
    edited November 2007
    THe laws of the united states are the laws of the bible

are you genuinely insane? I might role with the fact that our basis of law has influence from the bible, but they are certainly not biblical law, or straight out of the bible. If I'm "uneducated" because I don't consider our laws the "laws of the Bible", then I just didn't go to whatever school you went to.......praise be to Allah ;)

That, or that was just the worst cover up of an error in judgment I ever laid eyes on. either way, please leave "wesley pipes" in the closet for a short spell.
    Living Room 2 Channel -
    Schiit SYS Passive Pre. Jolida CD player. Songbird streamer. California Audio Labs Sigma II DAC, DIY 300as1/a1 Ice modules Class D amp. LSi15 with MM842 woofer upgrade, Nordost Blue Heaven and Unity interconnects.

Upstairs 2 Channel Rig -
    Prometheus Ref. TVC passive pre, SAE A-205 Amp, Wiim pro streamer and Topping E50 DAC, California Audio Labs DX1 CD player, Von Schweikert VR3.5 speakers.

Studio Rig - Scarlett 18i20(Gen3) DAW, Mac Mini, Aiyma A07 Max (BridgedX2), Totem Mites
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    If I had to take a guess, I would think that it is too much like indoctrination. It is very easy to influence children to take advantage of children. Catholic church sex scandal anyone? There is also the fact of just WHOSE religion gets to take priority?

I don't have a problem with anyone praying on their own time but don't force everyone to do so. Most likely, the Asian, Hindu, Muslim, Jewish kids won't want to or their parents won't want them to. Who says that any of those other religions don't have their own set of 10 commandments? You gonna post all of them?

Religion is personal, & too varied to just settle on one in a public setting.

As for abortion, I wonder how many of you are the results of a whoops the condom broke? We just talked about the rates of teenage pregnancies not too long ago. We all know that abstinence doesn't work or is very realistic in this day & age. I would much rather for the girl to have an abortion rather than ruin her entire life for a whoops or just plain stupidity.

And William, when you are ready to step up to the plate & offer to adopt one of those aborted babies do let us know. Talk is cheap, but when you are stuck with the problem it's a whole different ballgame.
    Cathy, I do not believe in religion, at all. But I never understood why religion had to be banned from schools, what do I care if someone wants to pray on their own time? Why ban the 10 commandments from being posted in schools? It certainly seems a better moral guideline than the crap being taught to children today.

As far as abortion, how can anyone think that is an OK thing to do? These same people will have a fit when they hear of puppies or kittens being killed, but a human life is OK?
  • exalted512
    exalted512 Posts: 10,735
    edited November 2007
    Just wanted to get a post in before it gets locked.
    -Cody
    Music is like candy, you have to get rid of the rappers to enjoy it
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007

I am of the same opinion here except I'm coming from a different viewpoint. I don't particulary believe in religion but I do believe in Spirituality and mine comes from the Bible.

It is incredible that someone could be glad that children praying in school should be banned. I think forced prayer is not good but to take "our" right to pray in any public place is taking a right given us by the Constitution away.

Yeah those Ten Commandments are some real evil things!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes:But they will force teach alternate sexuality to fourth graders (or at least try) but forbide the Big 10. Scary isn't it.

The abortion thing, you make an excellent point.
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    They can lose their Tax Exempt status if they are turned in for doing this. All you would need is a tape recording of them instructing church members on how to vote. MAJOR MISTAKE!!!

That is not true Ron. They tried that in South Philadelphia and the church won. The state cannot dictate what is or is not said in a church.

Cath, why does it bother you if the Catholic Church (BTW I am soooo not Catholic) teaches that abortion is bad? They are not telling you that. You feel threatened because they advise their flock how they should vote? Every other entity that people are members of influence their way of voting. . .is it becasue you don't agree with them. . . if so don't go to their church.
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    And William, when you are ready to step up to the plate & offer to adopt one of those aborted babies do let us know. Talk is cheap, but when you are stuck with the problem it's a whole different ballgame.

No no no!!! You are not taking the responsibility of the PARENTS of the children having children away from them and handing it off to William anyone else. Cathy that is bogus! Why are these children having sex? Because their parents don't give a flip about what their children are doing.

Personal responsibility is what you are throwing aside. Make the parents of the children take care of this baby so their child wont' "ruin her life because of a whoops." Why should anyone of us have to be responsible for anyone's "whoops?"
  • rskarvan
    rskarvan Posts: 2,374
    edited November 2007
    That is not true Ron. They tried that in South Philadelphia and the church won. The state cannot dictate what is or is not said in a church.

Cath, why does it bother you if the Catholic Church (BTW I am soooo not Catholic) teaches that abortion is bad? They are not telling you that. You feel threatened because they advise their flock how they should vote? Every other entity that people are members of influence their way of voting. . .is it becasue you don't agree with them. . . if so don't go to their church.

It is true...

"All IRC section 501(c)(3) organizations, including churches and religious organizations must not participate in, or intervene in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office."

"They must not devote a substantial part of their activities to attempting to influence legislation".

http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=96099,00.html

Individual Activity by Organization Leaders

The political campaign activity prohibition is not intended to restrict free expression on political matters by leaders of organizations speaking for themselves, as individuals. Nor are leaders prohibited from speaking about important issues of public policy. However, for their organizations to remain tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3), leaders cannot make partisan comments in official organization publications or at official functions.

To avoid potential attribution of their comments outside of organization functions and publications, organization leaders who speak or write in their individual capacity are encouraged to indicate clearly that their comments are personal and not intended to represent the views of the organization.

http://www.irs.gov/charities/charitable/article/0,,id=163396,00.html
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    rskarvan wrote: »
    It is true...

"All IRC section 501(c)(3) organizations, including churches and religious organizations must not participate in, or intervene in, any political campaign on behalf of (or in opposition to) any candidate for public office."

"They must not devote a substantial part of their activities to attempting to influence legislation".

My mistake Ron, I wasn't talking of them supporting a particular candidate. The incident I was speaking of was a priest in a small parish in SP was telling his flock that the correct thing to do was vote for a pro-life candidate. That is what battle they won.

But I still think they are free to speak of anything in their sermons.
  • WilliamM2
    WilliamM2 Posts: 4,771
    edited November 2007
    As for abortion, I wonder how many of you are the results of a whoops the condom broke? We just talked about the rates of teenage pregnancies not too long ago. We all know that abstinence doesn't work or is very realistic in this day & age. I would much rather for the girl to have an abortion rather than ruin her entire life for a whoops or just plain stupidity.

Good point, I'm sure some here are the result of a whoops, good thing for them that their mothers did not take the easy way out.

As far as me adopting, why should I pay for their mistake? How about they take responsibility for their own actions? And since when does having a baby ruin someone's entire life? I know plenty of single mothers who would disagree.
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    Then don't sit in judgement of any girl/woman that decides that the best thing for her to do is to have an abortion. And there are just as many women who would agree that having that baby messed up their lives.

You live your life & let them live theirs. You mind your own business & let them mind theirs.

As far as me adopting, why should I pay for their mistake? How about they take responsibility for their own actions? And since when does having a baby ruin someone's entire life? I know plenty of single mothers who would disagree.
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    Wow what a thread!!!! I think will address a few personal issues first here before I add any thoughts regarding the inital post.

First Jim you are way off base here brother. Its amazing to me that can you start telling us americans how we are and arent. how we believe and dont believe without spending any real amount of time here. how could you possibly understand the laws and how america is run and what its laws are based on?

You assume an awful lot without much actual knowledge. very little of what you wrote day made any real sense if any and I was struggling to see all sides of this objectively.

Your main objective in this thread seems to be an american bashing not your belief in anything. Take your very post here.
    they feel the same about the US.
    Your second post.
    Tell that to your native american citizens I'm sure they could teach you a few things about genoci
    Your third post.
    The US has done more damage to the world than has made a positive contribution. If you look at the history, you'll see your government has helped communism and facism thrive when it was in their best interest. The CIA has had a hand in every 3rd world country on the planet that has oil, drugs or precious metals. Your soldiers are fighting extremists who are using alot of weapons given to them by your own country years ago when these extremists were fighting to rid the world of communism. So point the finger at yourself before you point it at others.
    Your 4th post.
    And I'm not BASHING the US. I have alot of american friends living on the border. I'm stating facts.

No your not stating facts,your stating your twisted view of america without knowing most of the facts.

Another gem by Jim.
    thats what your not seeing. THEIR laws say a women cannot be with a man not related to her in public. She broke that law (I dont agree with) but its not our place to say their laws are wrong. The ironic thing is if she would have followed their law this wouldn't have happened. Showing they have those laws for a reason

HUH? its not our place to say there laws are wrong but you say this in the same sentence? (I dont agree with) what is that? hmmm.... looks like your saying there laws are wrong to me. Then this pearl of wisdom.

The ironic thing is if she would have followed their law this wouldn't have happened.

So its her fault that she got kidnapped and raped?
    Showing they have those laws for a reason

I dont have a clue what that means.

I think POLKMANIAC summed it up the best when he said this.
    You know, I get the whole "who's to say we're right and they're wrong" thing...but this is just effing ridiculous. I get that there are cultural differences, and maybe they're just too complex for me to grasp, but I'm equipped with an internal moral instinct of right and wrong, and thiat's just wrong...

Then this.
    theres the attitude again, the US way is right and they are wrong. You would you have reacted 50 years ago if another country came into your country and started bombing and pushing you around because of the way minorites were being treated? You would push back as well. Its no countries RIGHT to push your morals or laws on any other country. Int time like the US they will evolve into a better society. We are not the parental watchdogs of the world. We have to let them grow as a people in their own way.

You were right about the attitude allright its your attitude towards america that sux.

Silverti.I really doubt anyone is going to follow you around because of you posting.you have a much to high of an oppinion on your value here. If anything people will avoid reading a thread started by you because of your twisted views.

SHADOWOFKNIGHT. I cant believe you even said this and no one called you on it. Well I will.
    The girl from Quif should have known better then to ride in a car with men other then family...by 19 she was old enough to know the rules/laws of her screwed up society.

You have got to be f**kin kidding me? Do you reall believe it this poor 19 year old girls fault that she was kidnapped and raped because she got in a car to retrieve a picture of herself ? And she deserved the rape and the beating and jail time later because she knew better?

That is one of the most cruel dumbass statements I have ever heard in my life bar none,and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking this way not as an american or a russian or as a canadian or any other country but as a human being. You should move in with jim you both think alike.

The kind of behaviors and beliefs of the 3 above people earned you all a place in the hall of shame in my oppinion and on my ignore list. You make me SICK!!!

SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
  • cfrizz
    edited November 2007
    Joe, you & I agree completely in this. The only thing I disagree with is if the girl & the parents decide to abort the baby, you all will sit there & judge them for that. It's their decision, not yours, mind your own business or offer another solution!
    No no no!!! You are not taking the responsibility of the PARENTS of the children having children away from them and handing it off to William anyone else. Cathy that is bogus! Why are these children having sex? Because their parents don't give a flip about what their children are doing.

Personal responsibility is what you are throwing aside. Make the parents of the children take care of this baby so their child wont' "ruin her life because of a whoops." Why should anyone of us have to be responsible for anyone's "whoops?"
  • hearingimpared
    edited November 2007
    Cathy, I don't judge them, they gotta do what they gotta do.

The rest is is a PM. See you there!;):D
  • treitz3
    edited November 2007
    "That is one of the most cruel dumb **** statements I have ever heard in my life bar none,and you should be ashamed of yourself for thinking this way not as an American or a Russian or as a Canadian or any other country but as a human being."

Rock on.
  • JimBRICK
    JimBRICK Posts: 1,543
    edited November 2007
    you know what SNoW, I'm a canadian citizen and it makes me sick to know that I know more about the political stance of the united states government than the people living in the US. You can wave a flag all you want but you know the rest of the world knows the truth. Stay in you bubble and feel cofortable. just keep ironing on that canadian flag to your backpack when you go traveling.
    2 CHANNEL
    Speaker - Klipsch Heresy II
    Under construction
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 50,440
    edited November 2007
    you know what SNoW, I'm a canadian citizen and it makes me sick to know that I know more about the political stance of the united states government than the people living in the US. You can wave a flag all you want but you know the rest of the world knows the truth. Stay in you bubble and feel cofortable. just keep ironing on that canadian flag to your backpack when you go traveling.

Dude, you really have to stop opening your mouth and inserting your foot. :rolleyes:
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• treitz3
    edited November 2007
    At some point, there is an end.
  • Strong Bad
    Strong Bad Posts: 4,277
    edited November 2007
    Tonight was sort of a religious experience for many people at our establishment. I kept hearing things like "Oh god, look at those ****!" and "Jesus Christ look at that ****!" as well as "Oh dear lord, I've died and gone to heaven!!!"

See, religion is worthwhile in some situations. Don't be so quick to put it down totally. :D

Party on Jesse! ;)

~Reverend DJ John
    No excuses!
  • snow
    snow Posts: 4,337
    edited November 2007
    Lmaoooo. I tell you what jimbo you have not the slightest idea as to what my knowledge is about this country or any other for that matter. First off this was never about america or americans you goofy f---er. It was about right and wrong and some poor 19 year old girl thousands of miles away. It wouldndt have mattered if she was in iraq or germany or siberia or right here in america it makes no difference right is right wrong is wrong is that simple enough for you to figure out? if I say it real slow? Repeat after me you ignorant ****, right is right wrong is wrong!!!

Your not even smart enough to figure out this is not about politics, only in your feeble brain washed little mind no where else, is this about politics.

As far as traveling goes and wearing an canadian flag to keep other people from hating me im not too concerned about it to be honest. I dont look much like your average american tourist. I have brown skin, brown eyes, black hair. 6-7'' tall around 320lbs or so. I speak several different languages other than english very well. I will fit in a whole lot better than you in most countrys that hate america.

You on the other hand might want to wear it around your forehead if your so worried about looking like an american.

SNOW
    Well, I just pulled off the impossible by doing a double-blind comparison all by myself, purely by virtue of the fact that I completely and stupidly forgot what I did last. I guess that getting old does have its advantages after all :D
This discussion has been closed.