New Polk Audio "Legend" Speaker Series shown at 2019 Hong Kong High End Audio Video Show

Comments

• BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,275
    edited August 17
    gyosa wrote: »
    I rest my case ....
    Bring back modern SDA’s ...

Bk

Other than wasting space by reposting pictures, what case did you make?
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • BlueFoxBlueFox Posts: 12,275
    edited August 17
    Bud - Silicon Valley

Lumin X1
    Sony XA-5400ES SACD
    Pass XP-22 pre, X600.5 amps
    Magico S5 MKII Mcast Rose speakers, SPOD spikes

Shunyata Triton v3/Typhon QR on preamp, Denali 2000 (2) on amps
    Shunyata Sigma XLR analog ICs, Sigma speaker cables
    Shunyata Sigma HC (2), Sigma Analog, Sigma Digital, Z Anaconda (3) power cables

Mapleshade Samson V.3 four shelf solid maple rack, Micropoint brass footers
    Three 20 amp circuits.
  • cfrizzcfrizz Posts: 13,420
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    cfrizz wrote: »

True, but thanks to the wonder that is the internet, most now know that the owner is a sue happy jerk that should be avoided like the plague. You can now get all kinds of wires in all stores and online that are better made and better priced.

True and he like Circuit City, Blockbuster, Kodak and a multitude of others who didn't keep being innovative will go bye bye. Most of his gear is now regulated to Home Depot, Menards and other building material stores at rock bottom prices. Like many other companies who are living day to day on their past in name only, soon that very same name will be bought like Acoustic Research and just put on generic products that no one even cares about and sold at the point of sale counter at the local gas stations and quickie marts.

Really? That's great, I didn't know that justice prevailed! The bigger they come the harder they fall. And it couldn't have happened to a bigger more arrogant jerk!
    Marantz AV-7705 PrePro, Classé 5 ch. 200wpc Amp, Oppo 103 BluRay, Rotel RCD-1072 CDP, Sony Bravia KDL-40R510C TV, Polk S60 Main Speakers, Boston VR-920 Center Channel, SVS NSD-12 SB12 Subwoofer, Polk DSW 400 Subwoofer, Polk FXi-3 Surround Speakers
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,913
    edited August 18
    pitdogg2 wrote: »

True, but thanks to the wonder that is the internet, most now know that the owner is a sue happy jerk that should be avoided like the plague. You can now get all kinds of wires in all stores and online that are better made and better priced.

True and he like Circuit City, Blockbuster, Kodak and a multitude of others who didn't keep being innovative will go bye bye. Most of his gear is now regulated to Home Depot, Menards and other building material stores at rock bottom prices. Like many other companies who are living day to day on their past in name only, soon that very same name will be bought like Acoustic Research and just put on generic products that no one even cares about and sold at the point of sale counter at the local gas stations and quickie marts.

Really? That's great, I didn't know that justice prevailed! The bigger they come the harder they fall. And it couldn't have happened to a bigger more arrogant jerk!

Ask anybody born in the 90's to today about the name Monster. I'll bet a good amount of money 97% will come back with Monster energy drink. That is what the name Monster evokes today.

Yes we can agree he slit his own throat with his huge narcissistic ego couldn't happen to a better person.
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,286
    You guys are talking like he isn’t sitting on a massive fortune. He got his and got a lot of it for a long time.

At least the products are now where they belong.
  • pitdogg2pitdogg2 Posts: 14,913
    that was never in question Derek
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,936
    Did you guys know that Monster lost their arse on beats audio headphones? That they were originally sold as Beats by Monster but his son signed a contract without reading it and they lost their patent, research, production and rights to the name super fast....

Fun story of one **** **** over another SMARTER ****.

Google it.
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • DSkipDSkip Posts: 16,286
    I remember seeing him on some car modding show where he had one custom built for some event. It was hard to watch. The car was really cool in the end though.
  • EndersShadowEndersShadow Posts: 16,936
    DSkip wrote: »
    I remember seeing him on some car modding show where he had one custom built for some event. It was hard to watch. The car was really cool in the end though.

I believe it was West Coast Customs and he had it built with a special place for his golden segway....

Or I think that’s the episode....
    "....not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted." William Bruce Cameron, Informal Sociology: A Casual Introduction to Sociological Thinking (1963)
  • tophatjohnnytophatjohnny Posts: 2,704
    F1nut wrote: »
    Jesse seems impressed. That's enough for me to be intrigued....

I'm not sure impressed is correct. Let's say I didn't find anything objectionable in my short demos. I'll also say there is more to come.

As for the colors, as you can see there are 2 and IMO they look better than the LSiM colors.

If more to come means even nicer towers I'm anxious to see that and I like what I'm seeing in the ones shown. About time!!
    "if it's not fun, it's not worth it & remember folks, "It's All About The Music"!!
  • gyosagyosa Posts: 270
    Ouch !
    Play nice .....
    😊
    Bk

BlueFox wrote: »
    gyosa wrote: »
    I rest my case ....
    Bring back modern SDA’s ...

Bk

Other than wasting space by reposting pictures, what case did you make?

Parasound A21 , Yamaha wxc-50, Polk SDA 1c’s , Sony 42” - bedroom

B&K EX-442 , PS Audio 4.6 preamp , Yamaha wxc-50 , Boston Acoustic voyager 7’s - pool

PS Audio Stellar S300 , Cambridge Audio 851n , Yamaha wxc-50 , Salk Supercharged Songtowers
    Sony XBR-A8F 65” OLED , Onkyo TX-RZ610 - den

Onkyo TX-nr609 , Polk atrium 7 , Boston acoustic sound ware (4) , Boston acoustic sub , B&W center , Sharp 65” TV - patio
  • rooftop59rooftop59 Posts: 6,010
    tonyb wrote: »
    For Polk to make a speaker you all want, SDA's with great drivers and crossovers, you wouldn't buy them anyway because they'd be too expensive to make today.

The name of the game is to make money, profit, and you have to sell in volumes to do that. Polk's customer base is not high end buyers. Want a high end speaker ? Plenty of other brands to wet your feet with.

Yep, no one is going to buy 10K SDAs when you can get a pair for less than grand and hot rod them, especially when those hot rodded vintage SDAs would probably be just as good if not better than the new version...

Now I think an updated monitor 7 (and maybe 5) could actually sell, but I still don't think Polk would get the volume they are after...
    Living Room 2.1: Dynaudio Contour 1.3mkii; Energy s10.2 sub; Cambridge Azur 851a; Cambridge Azur 752BD; Bryston BPD-1; NVidia ShieldTV
    Game Room HT: Denon AVR-X4200w; Definitive Technology SM350; Definitive Technology LCR2000; Definitive Technology Procinema 800; Mirage Nanasats; Sub - HSU VTF-2 MK5; LG UP870 4K BDP;
    ; Master Bedroom
    Cambridge Azur 551r; Definitive Technology SM45, ACI Titan Subwoofer Squeezebox Touch
  • mhardy6647mhardy6647 Posts: 23,608
    edited August 19
    tonyb wrote: »
    For Polk to make a speaker you all want, SDA's with great drivers and crossovers, you wouldn't buy them anyway because they'd be too expensive to make today.

The name of the game is to make money, profit, and you have to sell in volumes to do that. Polk's customer base is not high end buyers. Want a high end speaker ? Plenty of other brands to wet your feet with.

naah, not at all (in terms of "too expensive to make today"), from my perspective, at least -- look as the stuff that is made today. Look at the cheap ELACs, e.g., and see what a few hundred 2019 dollars (way, way inflated compared to 1977 dollars) will buy today. Even the middlin' price ELACs are a pretty meaty for the money:

https://www.musicdirect.com/Search?category=ELAC%20Adante%20Series&specials=On%20Sale&sort=popularity|DESC&page=1&pagesize=24&c1=tab-products&c2=grid

• NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,664
    All this talk about SDA makes me want to puke. Speaker technology has improved since then, get over it.

A lot of people here like what SDA does to the sound stage, get over it.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • HermitismHermitism Posts: 2,603
    Of course, when I speak my opinion, some jack-a-s-s has to say I'm a troll.
    56fwua23h4vr.jpg
    2.0 - Marantz: PM8005, NA8005 | Polk LSiM703 | PS Audio: Duet, Power Port Classic, PerfectWave AC5 x3 PC | Wireworld Equinox 7 IC | AudioPrism Quietline MkIII x7 | Sanus UF30 | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps

3.1 - Polk: LSiM703, LSiM706c, PSW125 | PS Audio Quintet | VooDoo-Hubbell IG 8300 | Acoustic Panels, Acoustimac Bass Traps

6.1 - Pioneer Elite SC-05 | Pio BDP-51FD | Polk: RTi8, CSi5, F/Xi3, CSi3 | HSU Research VTF-2 MK4 | PS Audio: Quintet, Power Port Classic | DCF124BW x3 SC | Pangea: AC-9SE x2, 14SE, 14 PC | AQ Chocolate x2 HDMI | M850SW | Acoustic Panels, GIK Soffit Traps
  • NightfallNightfall Posts: 8,664
    There are plenty of people here that don't like SDA's, the difference is they recognize that it's not to their taste as opposed to proclaiming they sound like a-s-s and being brash about it.
    afterburnt wrote: »
    They didn't speak a word of English, they were from South Carolina.

Village Idiot of Club Polk
  • JstasJstas Posts: 13,848
    All this talk about SDA makes me want to puke. Speaker technology has improved since then, get over it.

Well, in this thread you conveniently deleted you were pretty excited over the possibility of new SDAs based on LSiM drivers, ya hypocrite.
    You're just jealous 'cause the voices don't talk to you!
  • Viking64Viking64 Posts: 4,496
    You can't deny the advances in automobile technology today, that's just a fact.

47snkin0v17j.jpg

Please do tell, how am I being a troll? I've spent more money on loudspeakers than you will in your entire life.

Anyone that types a sentence like that isn't only a troll, but a total dooshbag.

A total dooshbag that "got their money back", sure....but still. :p
    You're right, you can't. That car has more GHEYNESS than a 70-80s vehicle. ;)

*fixed
    Just because my observation doesn't align with yours doesn't make me a troll.

MY observation? :p I posted a picture of a troll doll with a pug's face on it. That doesn't even necessarily mean that I was "saying" that you were a troll. And it doesn't mean that I was giving an opinion on vintage SDA's, either.

You should just relax and enjoy yourself here instead of being a butthurt snowflake.
  • F1nutF1nut Posts: 43,112
    ENOUGH!!! Now move on.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• joecoulsonjoecoulson Posts: 3,716
    Lmao! $10-20k and now back to polks. That made me laugh thanks.
    Auralic Vega G1/Rega TT/Denon SACD - Parasound P6 - PS Audio M700x2 - Elac Adante AF-61 - AQ Niagara 5000 - SVS SB16u
  • nooshinjohnnooshinjohn Posts: 21,583
    edited August 22
    And the ignore list grows by one... and in only 15 posts. That is a new record!
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, TriangleArt Reference SE with Pass Labs Xono Phono Preamp, Walker Precision Motor Drive, ClearAudio Goldfinger Diamond v2 cartridge and Origin Conquerer Mk3c tonearm, Polk Audio "Signature" Reference Series 1.2TL with complete mods, Pass Labs X0.2 three chassis preamp, PS Audio PerfectWave DAC MkII, Pioneer Elite SC-LX701, Oppo UDP-205 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk audio AB700/800 "in-wall" surrounds.

Saying that it's "too hard" to pursue your dreams is no different than admitting to yourself that you are too lazy to achieve them.

“If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it.”
  • la2vegasla2vegas Posts: 3,804
    And the ignore list grows by one... and in only 15 posts. That is a new record!

If you have nothing left to say on the matter, the best way to back out is to NOT POST AT ALL. ;)

"Ooh, look at me, I'm posting to say you're too stupid to keep talking to! Aren't I clever? +1 post!

Ouch! That'll leave a mark. :#