TEAforONE Posts: 1,004
    Options
    I'll take one of those too please!
    See my profile for list of gear.
  • Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    Ahhh , nice to see this thread pop up again! My poor babies are still hibernating, waiting for the weather to break! Hopefully soon! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,345
    Options
    On the hunt for one of these... Project car is ok too.

tpsmz6v1uq0u.jpg
    Hey, John. I don't mean any offense by this at all but in my neck of the woods growing up? That car SCREAMED "Drug Dealer" from the get go. Still a cool car though. I bought....er.....uh, a "friend" bought some killer Ti-stick from a car that looked just like this one. Can you say, "pimpin'"? For some reason, that guy always had some hot chick in the car...couldn't figure out as to why....

BTW, how is it that that car is existing the highway with no driver? I didn't think they auto pilot cars back then... :p

Tom

~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    Always on the lookout for an 1800....

0vun9jsgaumg.jpg
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • treitz3
    Options
    ^^^ Alpha-Romeo? ^^^

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited February 2020
    Options
    Volvo 1800
    Cool cars.
    The 1800ES sportswagon version ("shooting brake" as they say in the UK) was extra-cool.

vxmdybyezrs0.png

• verb
    Options
    The Mrs and I used to go every year to the Detroit Autorama. Kinda the beginning of thinking about the cars, and getting em cleaned up and prepped for the year. Been a few years now, but I've already started hinting the we should go this year!
    lujaffmakxyh.png
    Love this 65 Impala designed by Chip Foose a few years back, which won the Ridler Award that year. Subtle, buy hardly a production body line on this beauty!
    q0noo4hie7q2.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • aprazer402
    aprazer402 Posts: 3,097
    edited February 2020
    Options
    1966 GTO, probably my third car, not a hand-me-down. Senior in high school, bought with my own savings. It was used, one owner, bought from a farm girl for $550.00. I had it probably 12 years. Sold it to a friend. He completely restored it with some changes I didn't care for, painted it an orangy-red... He sold it about five years ago for about $30K. Mine was just like the photo, black, but mine had a white interior and top. I had a ton of fun with it!

e0940u4tszfq.jpg

EDIT: Sorry about this post, I previously posted this earlier in this thread on page 6.
  • verb
    Options
    My all time favorite! 1959 Bel-Air. Dream come true for me, as this was the 1st car I can remember Dad having. I remember sitting on the front fender while he was working on it, tuning it up, and driving around in that big boat!

Cruising last year, enjoying the Woodward Dream Cruise, having fun, and thinking about Dad!
    g4liu6symak0.png
  • treitz3
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Volvo 1800
    Thought that front end looked like a Volvo but wasn't sure about it. Thanks for clarifying Doc.

NICE, aprazer402!

Tom

• Kex
    Kex Posts: 4,939
    Options
    xschop wrote: »
    Always on the lookout for an 1800....

0vun9jsgaumg.jpg
    A Favorite of @cfrizz also... (P.3).
    cfrizz wrote: »
    I loved the man and the car!

csnxnlts9kt6.jpg

Alea jacta est!
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    Tony M wrote: »
    The boattail was a styling tour de force.... until the stuffed shirts forced the car from the alpha platform to the B body. There it became a lesabre with a fat a$$ instead of Buick’s response to the Corvette.

The design team was embarrassed by that car at the time, but as the car aged, the pregnant whale has aged rather well.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • civilian
    civilian Posts: 357
    Options
    69 Baldwin Motion camaro:
    9mce2dzhl6bx.png
    My second car was an early 67 that had a built 350 with the M-21 4 speed in it. Wide rear rubber on corvette wheels helped me pretty well dominate on the street during the late 80's.
    westmassguy Posts: 6,850
    Options
    My current dream car, 57 Desoto Adventure:

iwsbklrndj7r.jpg
    zpk2vyed8suz.jpg

I don't understand the reason that this car has more or less been forgotten, and the '57 Chevy is an all-time winner!

I agree. The 57 Chevy is an iconic car, but the entire Chrysler Corp line was redesigned for 57, and they couldn't keep up with demand. The Desoto looks like it's going 80 while it's parked.
    Home Theater/2 Channel:
    Front: SDA-2ATL forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/143984/my-2as-finally-finished-almost/p1
    Center: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/150760/my-center-channel-project/p1
    Surrounds & Rears: Custom Built forum.polkaudio.com/discussion/151647/my-surround-project/p1
    Sonicaps, Mills, RDO-194s-198s, Dynamat, Hurricane Nuts, Blackhole5
    Pioneer Elite VSX-72TXV, Carver PM-600, SVS PB2-Plus Subwoofer

dhsspeakerservice.com/
  • mlistens03
    mlistens03 Posts: 2,767
    Options
    My tastes have changed a bit since I posted the DMC-12. :)

Jaguar 420G in this blue is so pretty, but I think if I got one it'd have to be in black. Really and truly a villainous car.
    z6uri2ml325a.jpg

Another favorite, BMW E30. Upon looking on CL, I could maybe even afford to purchase a decent 325i, which would be SICK.
    doftskzwc7ah.jpg

Just one more. But this would be a resto-mod. I'd love a Triumph spitfire, pretty mich exactly like this one...
    5bsbul0vs1e9.jpg
    ...But, I'd put an Alfa Romeo Busso 2.5 V6 in it. something like 240hp, with a wonderful noise. The video is the GTV6, another car I love, but mostly for it's engine (and looks :) )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS_Im-XJZl8
  • xschop
    xschop Posts: 4,707
    Options
    mhardy6647 wrote: »
    Volvo 1800
    Cool cars.
    The 1800ES sportswagon version ("shooting brake" as they say in the UK) was extra-cool.

vxmdybyezrs0.png

The coup I would 100% restore. The wagon would get at least an LS3.
    Don't take experimental gene therapies from known eugenicists.
  • Kex
    edited February 2020
    Options
    A neighbor of mine has had the coupe version under a tarp for decades! Wonder if he’ll ever restore it... 😞

Maybe it’s a case of “loving it to death”.
    Alea jacta est!
  • verb
    Options
    Love to do a wagon someday! Dad's first brand new car, 66 Impala! I still have memories about the rear facing 3rd row seat, getting carsick, awful! :smile:
    e6o6vgwd6yuz.png
    ffw7lwrpss0n.png
  • Kex
    Options
    @verb You want to maintain memories of getting car sick?! 😂
    Alea jacta est!
  • verb
    Options
    Kex wrote: »
    @verb You want to maintain memories of getting car sick?! 😂

I won't be sitting in the 3rd row anymore! :smile:
  • 55SLA70
    55SLA70 Posts: 45
    edited February 2020
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    Love to do a wagon someday! Dad's first brand new car, 66 Impala! I still have memories about the rear facing 3rd row seat, getting carsick, awful! :smile:
    e6o6vgwd6yuz.png
    ffw7lwrpss0n.png

Nice car. I kind of like wagons. I see this one has big block emblems on it. It's probably a 396 ci. but throughout the years of looking (car shows, friend's cars, etc.) I would come across one with a 427 ci. in it. Even one with a L72 (425 hp 427 ci.). I've also came across a 62 Chevy Impala wagon, a former FBI car, with a 425 hp. 409 ci with a four speed and a 66 Plymouth Belvedere with a 425 hp 426 Hemi and a torqueflyte. All rare, very rare. Muscle car wagons are just plain cool. I've got the makings of an decent engine or two and a couple four speeds hanging around in my garage. Maybe someday, if I come across a decent body, I'll put one together. Anyway, there are some nice cars in this thread, thanks everybody for posting.
    Old Name: 55LS70Preamp: Decware CSP3 w/ 1 x Amperex 7308, 2 x Amperex 6922's, 1 x RCA 5R4GY Power Amp: Cary SLA Signature 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA 5691's, 4 X Tung Sol 6550 reissuesAnalog: Rega Planar 3 w/ P2000 motor, Deep Groove sub platter, Incognito tonearm wiring, JA Michell counterweight, Tangospinner feet, Dynavector 10 x 5 cartridge, Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid phono stage w/ 2 x BEL 6922's.Radio: HH Scott 330D tuner with HH Scott Type 335 multiplex. Both modified by Mapleshade.Digital: Marantz ND8006Speaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC'sSpeakers: Polk Audio LSIM 703'sInterconnects. Tuner: Audioquest Black Mamba II's, phono stage: Kimber Kable Hero's, PreAmp/Amp and Digital: Audioquest King Cobra"s
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    If you want to do a wagon, I can help get you hooked up the right way... rust free California.

fva8mnkgkkx3.jpeg
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • mhardy6647
    mhardy6647 Posts: 33,049
    edited February 2020
    Options
    ^^^ is that a Vista Cruiser? It looks like it might be.

740mgko3cmq7.png

I think one of those (relatively) late model Buick Roadmaster wagons would be... pretty cool, actually. Not quite the panache of a 1950s or 60s lead sled, but, still... pretty cool. B)

ovfa2gqyd2d6.png
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    It is...

• steveinaz
    steveinaz Posts: 19,522
    Options
    I'd like a 40's or 50's era pick-up.
    Source: Bluesound Node 2i - Preamp/DAC: Benchmark DAC2 DX - Amp: Parasound Halo A21 - Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 60XTi - Shop Rig: Yamaha A-S501 Integrated - Shop Spkrs: Elac Debut 2.0 B5.2
  • 55SLA70
    55SLA70 Posts: 45
    edited February 2020
    Options
    If you want to do a wagon, I can help get you hooked up the right way... rust free California.

fva8mnkgkkx3.jpeg

Thanks for the offer, but that is probably a little too nice for me to do what I have in mind. Also it's, no doubt, a little too expensive. That's a nice car and wagons have become desirable lately. I just need something that I can install my extra engine and transmission in (Chevy 350 and Borg Warner ST-10 four speed), along with a pile of other random speed/stock parts that I acquired over the years, drive a bit and then get rid of. It was just a thought that came to me when I saw that nice Impala that Verb posted. But after I finish my current project (that has to be running by May), I need to free up some garage space and this is just an idea on how I might be able to do that and have a little fun doing so.

That's a '68, isn't it. It's been a long time since I seen one of those. It's does look like a nice one. Thanks again for the offer and for posting the picture, but I'm afraid I would just butcher it.

Mhardy, I like both those Vista Cruisers. Either one would make for a nice ride.
    Old Name: 55LS70Preamp: Decware CSP3 w/ 1 x Amperex 7308, 2 x Amperex 6922's, 1 x RCA 5R4GY Power Amp: Cary SLA Signature 2 X Mullard GZ32's, 2 X RCA 5691's, 4 X Tung Sol 6550 reissuesAnalog: Rega Planar 3 w/ P2000 motor, Deep Groove sub platter, Incognito tonearm wiring, JA Michell counterweight, Tangospinner feet, Dynavector 10 x 5 cartridge, Parks Audio Budgie Hybrid phono stage w/ 2 x BEL 6922's.Radio: HH Scott 330D tuner with HH Scott Type 335 multiplex. Both modified by Mapleshade.Digital: Marantz ND8006Speaker Cables: Kimber Kable 8TC'sSpeakers: Polk Audio LSIM 703'sInterconnects. Tuner: Audioquest Black Mamba II's, phono stage: Kimber Kable Hero's, PreAmp/Amp and Digital: Audioquest King Cobra"s
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    Only 10 grand and solid as a rock. 8 would likely take it home.

• Kex
    edited February 2020
    Options