What is your favorite Classic car?

Options
18910111214»

Comments

• nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,102
    Options
    F1nut wrote: »
    Copper with many coats of clear, no doubt.
    The car still wears its original body, and when I saw this car at Pebble Beach some years ago, it was not clear coated. They were using specially formulated compounds to polish and special waxes to keep oxidation to a minimum.

It took two years to prepare the car for that one show.
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,345
    Options
    Like I said, I'd hate to polish that car.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    pitdogg2 Posts: 24,585
    Options
    Talk about driving around a lightning rod...
  • treitz3
    Options
    I wouldn't want to touch the body during a rainstorm, that's fo' sho'.....

95fxgc82dtvk.png

^^^ Obviously not stock but this is a bad *** Chevrolet El Camino. Love the "woodgrain" embedded within the paint job.

kvru3cjlc1zg.png

^^^ 1931 Lincoln Model K Phaeton. They definitely don't build 'em like they used too.

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Love the El Camino!
  • treitz3
    Options
    Another classic, also in red....1960 MG MGA 1600 Roadster.

u6xwyt60rb31.jpg

Tom
  • treitz3
    Options
    32p4hmre1rsk.png

Tom
  • pitdogg2
    Options
    Well there must have been a vanilla update, all the pictures are mini.... again!
  • treitz3
    Options
    Naw, that one was on me. If I blew it up any further than this. it would have been badly out of focus.

Tom
  • maxward
    maxward Posts: 1,520
    Options
    I’m with you on the red ones. I always liked the MGB, too.
  • F1nut
    F1nut Posts: 49,806
    Options
    pitdogg2 wrote: »
    Well there must have been a vanilla update, all the pictures are mini.... again!

Yep, started a few days ago.
    Political Correctness'.........defined

"A doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical minority and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a t-u-r-d by the clean end."

President of Club Polk

• Milito
    Milito Posts: 1,914
    edited October 2023
    Options
    Yamaha RX-A2070, Musical Fidelity M6si integrated amp, Benchmark Dac1, Bluesound NODE 2i, Audiolab 6000CDT CD Transport, Parasound Zphono USB Phono Preamp, Fluance RT85, Ortofon 2M Bronze, Polk L600's, L400, L900's, RC80i's, SVS 3000 Micro, Audioquest Interconnects and Digital Cables, Nordost Silver Shadow Digital Cable, Cullen Gold and Crossover Series Power Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 12AWG OCC Speaker Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha Analog Interconnect Cables, Douglas Connection Alpha 11 OCC Custom Power Cable, Signal Power Cable, Furman PL-8C 15 Power Conditioner, Sony 65" 900F, Sony UBP-X700, Fios, Apple TV 4K, Audioquest Chocolate HDMI Cables.
  • Viking64
    Viking64 Posts: 6,694
    Options
    Milito wrote: »
    mecum.com/lots

It's a nice car, but show some restraint! :p