What is your favorite Classic car?

Options

Comments

• shack
    shack Posts: 11,154
    Options
    Viking64 wrote: »
    gqtpbvzlem6i.jpg

I wonder how many they sold in France with this advertising....

odiwsi0ahopt.jpg

"Just because you’re offended doesn’t mean you’re right." - Ricky Gervais

"For those who believe, no proof is necessary. For those who don't believe, no proof is possible." - Stuart Chase

"Consistency requires you to be as ignorant today as you were a year ago." - Bernard Berenson
  • nooshinjohn
    nooshinjohn Posts: 25,098
    Options
    Well..... if you fold the seats down, there was enough room I suppose. ;)
    The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    shack wrote: »
    gqtpbvzlem6i.jpg

I wonder how many they sold in France with this advertising....

odiwsi0ahopt.jpg

Moma, buy me dat!
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    You know, if she stands up, she'll rip her dress... :*
  • afterburnt
    afterburnt Posts: 7,892
    Options
    FestYboy wrote: »
    You know, if she stands up, she'll rip her dress... :*

If she don't I'll rip it
  • halo
    halo Posts: 5,616
    Options
    OK, so, a classic car? I guess that depends on one's definition of what one considers to be the "classic" period/timeline allowable, no?

To begin with, this was one of the first cars that I personally owned which I felt fell into a "classic" car designation. YMMV. This wasn't my first car but, to this day, of the vehicles I've owned, it's still one of my favorites.

blz02zyyokzq.jpg
    3madw2y9q1uw.jpg
    vc4a2b7vux96.jpg

Audio: Polk S15 * Polk S35 * Polk S10 * SVS SB-1000 Pro
    HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • Nesmith98
    Options
    Looks like a 1970 or 1971 by the grill.

I've owned a 1970 Camaro since 1989.
  • halo
    Options
    Another "classic" that I personally owned was this vehicle that I purchased from my aunt after her husband passed away. The vehicle was sitting in a barn in Wisconsin and it was in need of a little TLC.

Before:
    krzy31ug9lv0.jpg
    qq97fpt1ij7c.jpg
    sech47hhuvvz.jpg

After:
    vq2f1jerpa5t.jpg
    wqg7a4nfg6ar.jpg
    vexvmafta8ce.jpg

HT: Samsung QN90B * Marantz NR1510 * Panasonic DMP-BDT220 * Roku Ultra LT * APC H10
  • treitz3
    treitz3 Posts: 18,325
    Options
    Nice job bringing that one back to life! Very nice.

Your old Camaro was like my girlfriends when I was 18. Hers had the shark fins on the side, spoiler in the back and all of the rims and tires were wide, low profile. Done stylishly though, not like some of today's where the tires are an inch tall on the sidewall. Hers was a custom Gray metallic with the same engine....that was a fun car to drive!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • halo
    Options
    Nesmith98 wrote: »
    Looks like a 1970 or 1971 by the grill.

I've owned a 1970 Camaro since 1989.

It was a 1970 model :)
  • halo
    Options
    treitz3 wrote: »

Your old Camaro was like my girlfriends when I was 18. Hers had the shark fins on the side, spoiler in the back and all of the rims and tires were wide, low profile. Done stylishly though, not like some of today's where the tires are an inch tall on the sidewall. Hers was a custom Gray metallic with the same engine....that was a fun car to drive!

Tom

Indeed! This one had a Muncie "Rock Crusher" 4-speed with a Hurst shifter. One of the previous owners swapped out the red taillights with the white reverse lights so all 4 taillights were red instead (looked like Corvette taillights). It looked cool when braking or using the turn signal but I couldn't see **** when I was backing up at night.
  • Mr_Hz
    Mr_Hz Posts: 176
    edited February 2019
    Options
    As I suspected this thread is very American, street rod/muscle car heavy. Sure a few 'European' cars thrown in for spice, with one Alfa Romeo spider as an appetizer...

I'm an Alfa Romeo enthusiast (Alfista). Alfa has a very storied and respected history, with Henry Ford stating that he always tipped his hat every time an Alfa drove by, such was his admiration for the marque. Enzo Ferrari got his start at Alfa Romeo, managing its famous racing team, before branching out on his own. We all know how that story goes.

Back in the mid 60's Alfa Romeo was once again dominating the F1 World Championship with its Tipo 33 race car. In celebration of winning the Manufacturer's Cup, Alfa took the race car power train and made a street car - the Tipo 33 Stradale ( Type 33 Street version). 17 or 18 examples were produced, using a slightly detuned 2 liter V8 (yes you heard that right - a 122 cubic inch 8 cylinder engine) with a 6 speed transmission (when most cars had 3 or perhaps 4 forward gears)... the car was a scant ~ 1550lbs, the mid-engine produced 230hp+ @ an incredible 8800rpm. It was the fastest, and most beautiful, exotic car on the road at the time. Lamborghini & Ferrari, take a back seat.
    Thank you. 4e2ks1or8lj8.jpg
    Post edited by Mr_Hz on
    2.3TL's - Living Room
    CRS+'s (4.1 TL's) - Office
    SDA1C's - Famdamly Rm
    SDA1C's - Master Bedroom
  • sbb2112
    sbb2112 Posts: 134
    Options
    verb wrote: »
    gqtpbvzlem6i.jpg

Wrong thread Jimmy! Should be under the most "regrettable" classic cars ever made!

Reminds me of my college ride. Mine had an abundance of sheet metal repairs, with varying colors of primer. We caller her Spot! :smile:

The Ford Pinto!

xpqc6e96m5o8.png

Don't ya be bashing on the pinto. I still have one. See pics.
    c7yjg1o744d5.jpg
    77ynar6ajvlv.jpg
    maujgehco0py.jpg
    Main System
    Marantz AV8802A PrePro
    Marantz MM7025 Amp rear surrounds
    McIntosh MC7205 Amp center, ceiling and mid surrounds
    McIntosh MC300 Amp front mains
    Oppo 203 Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS with VR3 monastery crossovers
    Polk FX1000 Mid surrounds
    Klipsch RP-440C Center channel
    Klipsch RP-15M Rear surrounds
    SVS prime elevation ceiling surrounds
    Rythmik F15HP sub
    Samsung 8500 curved screen 65" LED 4K
    Mac Mini Server

Office System
    Musical Fidelity M6s dac/preamp
    Oppo 103D Bluray
    Polk SDA-SRS 2
    Parasound HCA-1500A
    Polk PSW 650 sub
    Microrendu
    Roku Ultra
    Mac Mini Server
  • nooshinjohn
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Mr_Hz wrote: »
    As I suspected this thread is very American, street rod/muscle car heavy. Sure a few 'European' cars thrown in for spice, with one Alfa Romeo spider as an appetizer...

I'm an Alfa Romeo enthusiast (Alfista). Alfa has a very storied and respected history, with Henry Ford stating that he always tipped his hat every time an Alfa drove by, such was his admiration for the marque. Enzo Ferrari got his start at Alfa Romeo, managing its famous racing team, before branching out on his own. We all know how that story goes.

Back in the mid 60's Alfa Romeo was once again dominating the F1 World Championship with its Tipo 33 race car. In celebration of winning the Manufacturer's Cup, Alfa took the race car power train and made a street car - the Tipo 33 Stradale ( Type 33 Street version). 17 or 18 examples were produced, using a slightly detuned 2 liter V8 (yes you heard that right - a 122 cubic inch 8 cylinder engine) with a 6 speed transmission (when most cars had 3 or perhaps 4 forward gears)... the car was a scant ~ 1550lbs, the mid-engine produced 230hp+ @ an incredible 8800rpm. It was the fastest, and most beautiful, exotic car on the road at the time. Lamborghini & Ferrari, take a back seat.
    Thank you. 4e2ks1or8lj8.jpg

It was this car that inspired the Dino.
    yewkqmht96gs.jpg

The Gear... Carver "Statement" Mono-blocks, Mcintosh C2300 Arcam AVR20, Oppo UDP-203 4K Blu-ray player, Sony XBR70x850B 4k, Polk Audio Legend L800 with height modules, L400 Center Channel Polk audio AB800 "in-wall" surrounds. Marantz MM7025 stereo amp. Simaudio Moon 680d DSD

“When once a Republic is corrupted, there is no possibility of remedying any of the growing evils but by removing the corruption and restoring its lost principles; every other correction is either useless or a new evil.”— Thomas Jefferson
  • gmcman
    gmcman Posts: 1,758
    Options
    Hard to pick a favorite....the SD Trans Am, 421 GTO, already been mentioned. Living in Germany as a young teenager in the mid 80's I did see a few cars I would love to have.

I remember sitting in one of these on the showroom outside Patch Barracks, exact model and color. Basically a turbo M6 with some other tweaks. One of my favorite BMW's.

1986 E24 Alpina B7 Turbo Coupe

t8c8z0zsoegq.jpg

• Tony M
    Tony M Posts: 11,017
    Options
    This isn't classic yet but it sure has fine lines! It's for sale here now for 12K. The title says REBUILT. What does that mean? Was it totaled or flooded before?
    https://wilmington.craigslist.org/cto/d/wilmington-maserati-quattroporte-low/6818862601.html
    5zpftjlsq5hr.png
    d8ibig5p88nx.png
    poaaggqqdzjv.png
    0foduxs7n60r.png
    Most people just listen to music and watch movies. I EXPERIENCE them.
  • motorhead43026
    Options
    ^^totaled.
    2 channel: Anthem 225 Integrated amp; Parasound Ztuner; TechnicsTT SL1350; Vincent PHO-8 phono pre; Marantz CD6005 spinner; Polk SDA2BTL's; LAT International speaker cables, ZU Mission IC's and power cables all into a PS Audio Dectet Power center.

Other; M10 series II, M7C's, Hafler XL600 amp, RB-980BX, Parasound HCA-1500 amp , P5 preamp, all in storage. All vintage Polk have had crossover rebuilds and tweeter upgrades.

The best way to predict the future is to invent it.

It is imperative that we recognize that an opinion is not a fact.

Imagine making politics your entire personality.
  • FestYboy
    FestYboy Posts: 3,861
    Options
    R titles have different requirements for each state. PA is fairly stringent, not sure about Delaware, though I do know that state has no form of periodic inspection...
  • Clipdat
    Clipdat Posts: 12,600
    Options
    Gotta post up this bad boy. Had a poster of it on my wall of my bedroom when I was a kid.

lp500s9.jpg
  • treitz3
    Options
    Haha....who didn't? This was my first vehicle (the one below). Mine had the same size front tires but were about 4-5" wider in the back with billet Aluminum rims...

TA%20pic%201.JPG

I have been looking for the pic I have of it for months. Damn, I miss that car. For an 18 year old, this car was smokin' hot and I was just lucky that it was in mint condition.....must have washed and waxed that thing twice a week, every week. Even for back in the day of ugly dashes, the TA had a rather nice one to look at whilst driving...mine was an automatic but looked similar to this one.

used-1977-pontiac-firebird_trans_am-transam-10029-15732327-6-640.jpg

Only thing I hated about that car was the amount of times I got pulled over. Once a week on average, without fail. 85% of the time, I would not get a ticket but getting pulled on your way to work or back from lunch 2 or 3 times in a month doesn't fly over too well with your boss. Sure was fun making up for the loss of time while pulled over though!!!

Tom
    ~ In search of accurate reproduction of music. Real sound is my reference and while perfection may not be attainable? If I chase it, I might just catch excellence. ~
  • halo
    Options
    I had this poster of the Porsche 959 on my wall from one of the Chicago Auto Shows:
    9418.jpg
  • halo
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Haha....who didn't? This was my first vehicle (the one below). Mine had the same size front tires but were about 4-5" wider in the back with billet Aluminum rims...

I have been looking for the pic I have of it for months. Damn, I miss that car. For an 18 year old, this car was smokin' hot and I was just lucky that it was in mint condition.....must have washed and waxed that thing twice a week, every week. Even for back in the day of ugly dashes, the TA had a rather nice one to look at whilst driving...mine was an automatic but looked similar to this one.

Tom,

I owned a Marina blue '79 TA with T-Tops and grey cloth interior. It had a blown 403 Olds in it when I bought it. We swapped in an Olds 455 out of a Delta 88 ('76 IIRC) and had some fun. Too much torque for the car, ended up twisting the frame (should've put subframe connectors on it). The car dog legged after that. Definitely a cool looking dashboard with the turned metal facia.

Not my car in this picture, but this is what it looked like (same "snowflake" aluminum rims):
    TA%20atlantis%20(5).jpg
    1979-pontiac-trans-am-t-tops-66-automatic-84000-miles-atlantis-blue-2.jpg
  • verb
    verb Posts: 10,176
    Options
    halo wrote: »

Tom

Indeed! This one had a Muncie "Rock Crusher" 4-speed with a Hurst shifter. One of the previous owners swapped out the red taillights with the white reverse lights so all 4 taillights were red instead (looked like Corvette taillights). It looked cool when braking or using the turn signal but I couldn't see **** when I was backing up at night.

To me, a classic is something more that just a vintage car that is beautiful, and widely accepted as a renowned classic.

It has to have a connection to you. I love the 2 examples you posted Vic. Both are fine examples in their own right, but especially so since you shared your life with em! Nice rides brother! :smile:
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Options
    My very first car purchased when I was 16 years old! 73 Nova! Stock image, but mine was the same color! :smile:
    dn04bym8efrp.png
    qy1scfr3myqu.png
    Basement: Polk SDA SRS 1.2tl's, Cary SLP-05 Pre with ultimate upgrade,McIntosh MCD301 CD/SACD player, Northstar Designs Excelsio DAC, Cambridge 851N streamer, McIntosh MC300 Amp, Silnote Morpheus Ref2, Series2 Digital Cables, Silnote Morpheus Ref2 Series2 XLR's, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Pangea Power Cables, MIT Shotgun S3 IC's, MIT Shotgun S1 Bi-Wire speaker cables
    Office: PC, EAR Acute CD Player, EAR 834L Pre, Northstar Designs Intenso DAC, Antique Sound Labs AV8 Monoblocks, Denon UDR-F10 Cassette, Acoustic Technologies Classic FR Speakers, SVS SB12 Plus sub, MIT AVt2 speaker cables, IFI Purifier2, AQ Cinnamon USB cable, Groneberg Quatro Reference IC's
    Spare Room: Dayens Ampino Integrated Amp, Tjoeb 99 tube CD player (modified Marantz CD-38), Analysis Plus Oval 9's, Zu Jumpers, AudioEngine B1 Streamer, Klipsch RB-61 v2, SVS PB1000 sub, Blue Jeans RCA IC's, Shunyata Hydra 8 Power Conditioner
    Living Room: Peachtree Nova Integrated, Cambridge CXN v2 Streamer, Rotel RCD-1072 CD player, Furman 15PFi Power Conditioner, Polk RT265 In Wall Speakers, Polk DSW Pro 660wi sub
    Garage #1: Cambridge Audio 640A Integrated Amp, Project Box-E BT Streamer, Polk Tsi200 Bookies, Douglas Speaker Cables, Shunyata Power Conditioner
    Garage #2: Cambridge Audio EVO150 Integrated Amplifier, Polk L200's, Analysis Plus Silver Oval 2 Speaker Cables, IC's TBD.
  • verb
    Options
    sbb2112 wrote: »
    verb wrote: »
    gqtpbvzlem6i.jpg

Wrong thread Jimmy! Should be under the most "regrettable" classic cars ever made!

Reminds me of my college ride. Mine had an abundance of sheet metal repairs, with varying colors of primer. We caller her Spot! :smile:

The Ford Pinto!

xpqc6e96m5o8.png

Don't ya be bashing on the pinto. I still have one. See pics.
    c7yjg1o744d5.jpg
    77ynar6ajvlv.jpg
    maujgehco0py.jpg

Whoa! That is awesome! I still have a lot of memories, ahem, colleges days ya know, in that car! :smile:
  • verb
    Options
    Wagons are making a comeback! My Dad's first brand new car, 66 Impala Station wagon! I would love to get one of these and resto-mod it! :smile:
    l0kt4wr0a0z2.png
  • audioluvr
    audioluvr Posts: 5,434
    edited February 2019
    Options
    This is the exact duplicate of my first car. 69 Roadrunner with a 383, Hurst 4 speed and a horn that went "Meep Meep". Paid $1,900 for it in 1982. Sold it when I left for college the next year because my mom said I wouldn't need a car in college. One of a long line of bad life decisions influenced by her...

ev0jl2mswhog.jpg
    Gustard X26 Pro DAC
    Belles 21A Pre modded with Mundorf Supreme caps
    B&K M200 Sonata monoblocks refreshed and upgraded
    Polk SDA 1C's modded / 1000Va Dreadnaught
    Wireworld Silver Eclipse IC's and speaker cables
    Harman Kardon T65C w/Grado Gold. (Don't laugh. It sounds great!)

There is about a 5% genetic difference between apes and men …but that difference is the difference between throwing your own poo when you are annoyed …and Einstein, Shakespeare and Miss January. by Dr. Sardonicus
  • treitz3
    Options
    Here is my current "Classic"....or soon to be. Not really a car but it's my ride and has been since brand new 15 years ago. She's an '04 Silverado 2500HD with the stock 6.0 LT1 engine in it. It's currently got 230,000 miles on her and has since gotten new treads. ZERO major repairs, just regular maintenance. Pretty amazing, seeing as how she towed on average of around 10K pounds daily for the first 12 years of it's life.

37786597_1343183909147170_6103988614629163008_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.frkh1-1.fna&oh=659f0772891b5d210ffc05efdcb3c454&oe=5CECC0C3

She still purrs like a kitten at idle and roars like a lion at full throttle. I LOVE this truck.

Tom
  • verb
    Options
    Here is my current "Classic"....or soon to be. Not really a car but it's my ride and has been since brand new 15 years ago. She's an '04 Silverado 2500HD with the stock 6.0 LT1 engine in it. It's currently got 230,000 miles on her and has since gotten new treads. ZERO major repairs, just regular maintenance. Pretty amazing, seeing as how she towed on average of around 10K pounds daily for the first 12 years of it's life.

37786597_1343183909147170_6103988614629163008_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent.frkh1-1.fna&oh=659f0772891b5d210ffc05efdcb3c454&oe=5CECC0C3

She still purrs like a kitten at idle and roars like a lion at full throttle. I LOVE this truck.

Tom

Well, not to date myself, but I worked on the design of that baby! Before I got into Interiors, I did a lot of the chassis design on that guy! :smile:
  • nooshinjohn
    Options
    @Verb... promise me you will make the interior of the C8 rival that of a Jaguar. :p